What's your newest Buck knife

You probably have. Cabela's AG s30v series and BPS made one also in cpm-154. You can still get the Ag series but the cpm 154 in tn is long gone.

Received by mail today, a new to me, 501 Squire with wood scales, in pretty good shape, just needs sharpening. I can handle that.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

YwXLA4I.jpg

r1sHpN2.jpg

AL6qVKl.jpg

N3GJCnP.jpg

Last edited:
What's your newst Buck knife
. . . funny you should ask that
:)
:rolleyes: Long story shortened I ordered one of these (Buck 112, rough canvas micarta, S30V).
It was shipped a total of 65 miles from the warehouse to my town.
By the tracking I'm all : oh boy, oh boy, oh boy it is in town late at night that means it should be at my house by after noon the next day.
Tracking then showed the next day that it was back in the town the warehouse is in.
:(:eek::(:mad::(o_O
after a few days and the knife hadn't progressed I contacted the vendor . They said : sorry probably lost in shipping and refunded my money.
I waited a couple more days and ordered another of the same model from a different vendor.
It came today in just a couple of days
and
. . . so did the first knife :po_O:p
:cool:
On inspection both knives are identical enough that I can't pick out a "good one". There is a scratch on the blade near the pivot on one of them but no big deal at all.
The edges are both astoundingly identical; very usefully toothy sharp (though not shave sharp but hey this is S30V) zero dings or rolls :thumbsup:

So . . . (assuming I pay for the second one a second time if I keep it to) . . . do I keep both ?
I am in a habit of buying more than one knife and grinding one thin and keeping one stock just for collecting sake.
I was going to add some sculpted thicker scale additions to these handles if they were too thin. Think body kit for a sports car. I haven't used them at all yet so can't say if I will still go there.
I went so far as to order some blank slabs of canvas micarta that looked the same as these. They to arrived today but are much more yellow brown like caramel where as the 112 scales on these knives look more regular medium brown like milk chocolate.

Hell. I don't know where I'm going but I'm sure making good time.
PS: if I keep the second knife it will be a user; I'm not into keeping mint knives. Not saying anything against that just isn't what I do.
PPS: I have one pair of identical, small, fixed blades that I carry together on one belt; one toothy and one polished edge.
Should I do that with these ? Polish the edge of one of the blades ?
S30V ( forgive the pun ) doesn't exactly shine as a polished / refined edge (just breaks down to a micro toothy edge) . . .
I fear I'm just babbling now . . .
IMG_5926.jpg

Last edited:
The Shield 110.

This was part of a surprise package sent to me by a good friend @Case47 Great knife and sheath!
View attachment 1192141
View attachment 1192142
The price of these LW 110s tells me to run away.
But
When it is in my hand and I'm using mine (the black one) it is one of the most perfect knives on the planet. Seriously. I even like the pouch and use it all the time for other knives as well.
It's a great knife ! ! !

:confused:
:rolleyes: Long story shortened I ordered one of these (Buck 112, rough canvas micarta, S30V).
By the tracking I'm all : oh boy, oh boy, oh boy it is in town late at night that means it should be at my house by after noon the next day.
Tracking then showed the next day that it was back in the town the warehouse is in.
after a few days and the knife hadn't progressed I contacted the vendor . They said : sorry probably lost in shipping and refunded my money.
I waited a couple more days and ordered another of the same model from a different vendor.
and
On inspection both knives are identical enough that I can't pick out a "good one". There is a scratch on the blade near the pivot on one of them but no big deal at all.
The edges are both astoundingly identical; very usefully toothy sharp (though not shave sharp but hey this is S30V) zero dings or rolls :thumbsup:

So . . . (assuming I pay for the second one a second time if I keep it to) . . . do I keep both ?
I am in a habit of buying more than one knife and grinding one thin and keeping one stock just for collecting sake.
I was going to add some sculpted thicker scale additions to these handles if they were too thin. Think body kit for a sports car. I haven't used them at all yet so can't say if I will still go there.
I went so far as to order some blank slabs of canvas micarta that looked the same as these. They to arrived today but are much more yellow brown like caramel where as the 112 scales on these knives look more regular medium brown like milk chocolate.

PS: if I keep the second knife it will be a user; I'm not into keeping mint knives. Not saying anything against that just isn't what I do.
PPS: I have one pair of identical, small, fixed blades that I carry together on one belt; one toothy and one polished edge.
S30V ( forgive the pun ) doesn't exactly shine as a polished / refined edge (just breaks down to a micro toothy edge) . . .
View attachment 1192721
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
:oops:

and

View attachment 1192721

Depending on the dealer I think I'd keep em. If they assume the other was lost in shipping u might not get charged. If you do it seems to not be a huge deal to you so it would be fine to. And either way u get 2 great knives. :D:D

I said depending on the dealer cause I think if it was a small business or person on here I'd send it back or call them and pay.

Depending on the dealer I think I'd keep em. If they assume the other was lost in shipping u might not get charged. If you do it seems to not be a huge deal to you so it would be fine to. And either way u get 2 great knives. :D:D

I said depending on the dealer cause I think if it was a small business or person on here I'd send it back or call them and pay.

Maybe the seller was quick to write it off as lost because he has insurance that covered it.

I'd send it back if I'd already been refunded. It's just the right thing to do. Karma lurks.

A
Maybe the seller was quick to write it off as lost because he has insurance that covered it.

I'd send it back if I'd already been refunded. It's just the right thing to do. Karma lurks.
Agreed

Yes when I got the refund I asked what do I do if it ever shows up and they said e-mail again and they would charge my account. I'm sure they are looking at the same "Delivered Today" that I am. Or maybe not.
It's a significant pile of cash I'm mean it isn't like it is a $20 knife so I better not mess with them if I want to order more stuff some day. And I will.
I'll carry the one I am keeping tomorrow and then maybe I will know if I "really need" two of these.
Knives I have two of :
CS Luckys
Para2s
CS Kitchen Classic Paring Knives
CS Ti Lite IVs
Case Trappers
I'll stop now but there are more.

I guess I'm not very bright.
My Dad used to say : A guy needs two of everything.
I guess I took that too seriously.

:confused:
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
:oops:
Thanks for clearing things up for me

Back