Whats your Sheeple Knife???

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Morkte, Feb 26, 2012.

1. KennyB

KennyB

Jan 19, 2010
    Case Yellow Trapper

I still get "Wow, that's a big knife" comments though. Think I'm gonna start carrying a toothpick.

2. leafstorm

leafstorm

Apr 11, 2011
    I have dress knives and classier folders for occasions when the black tactical blade isn't appropriate, but as far as carrying a sheeple friendly loner knife, I don't bother. If it's legal and they don't like it, that's their problem. I am careful about how I use my knives and where I use them though. Mostly because I don't feel like answering stupid questions from ignorant people.

3. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott

Dec 3, 2010
    I'm sure my 0302 will make a great sheeple knife

4. ToneGrail

ToneGrail

Aug 4, 2006
    Victorinox Climber II.

5. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Dec 9, 2010
    Reading here, it seems the other side is the more ignorant. I don't have a problem discretely using a smaller knife (when appropriate for whatever it is I need) rather than waving/flipping/DEPLOYING/... whatever tactical fanboy's dream might be the fad of the day. :D Realistically, if you have a big knife job you're probably in a big knife environment anyway. They're just tools; no need to frighten people unnecessarily. Everyone's got their own history for the current beliefs.

My "discrete" knife would be the small Tinker I always seem to carry or perhaps an Alox or plastic Bantam. That Alox Bantam is a pretty neat knife!

6. David_Parker03

David_Parker03

Oct 1, 2006
    I carry a Leatherman Wave-Original. The serrated is my utility. The plain edge for foods, or more precise cuts, or anything that doesn't require a serration. And my folder is a CRK Umnumzaan. Thats my when SHTF type situation knife. Its always on me, on the ready...but I'm willing to beat the crap out of the leatherman first.

7. Guineaman

Guineaman

Jan 20, 2012
    Crkt centofante tribute for church. Thin, lightweight, traditional looking.

8. Phydeaux

Phydeaux

Mar 4, 2006
    Spyderco Bug or SAK Classic on my key ring.

9. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    Aaron Frederick made this. It's smallish with a 3" blade and I've never had anyone give it a second glance.

[​IMG]

10. stormyone

stormyone

Dec 19, 2006
    A Spyderco Lady Bug or Fallkniven U4.

11. markseventwo

markseventwo

Feb 23, 2011
    Yellow H1 Ladybug, or a vic Classic. No one ever gives them a second thought

12. monger4142

monger4142

Jan 30, 2010
    SAK = ultimate sheeple knife

13. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    I don't let other peoples opinions dictate my behaviour or actions, if I'm am with in the law and behaving in a non threatening and reasonable manner it is no ones busines but mine what I carry and use. I am most certainly not going to carry a different knife for the "benefit" of other people, especially people I don't even know. I wouldn't wear different clothes, get a different hair cut or drive a different car either....so no I don't have sheeple knife, I carry an Umnumzaan or Sebenza all the time. :):thumbup:

14. sjhong

sjhong

Jan 28, 2010
    I get a little uncomfortable with the word "sheeple". IMHO, it sounds a little offensive to people who just
    happen to not carry knives, as if we were members of an enlightened minority, just because of our need
    or willingness to carry them.

Having said that, my most carried knife is the Small Insingo, which I believe is very non threatening looking
    and adequate for the office environment in which I spend most of my time.

15. knife2Agunfight

knife2Agunfight

Jan 11, 2012
    I really don't feel that there is a situation where pulling out your knife to cut something is inappropriate. If the knife is legal, why worry? If people don't like it or don't agree that a knife is a useful everyday tool, then that's their problem for being so ignorant.

(but I understand what OP is getting at)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  16. Taonari

Taonari Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Usually a Victorinox Rally or Flash on my keychain

17. benlg

benlg

Jun 7, 2009
    SAK, ladybug and Spyderco Squeak

18. Big Bo

Big Bo

Jul 15, 2003
    Cold Steel Rajah II. I love the looks on the faces.

19. Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aug 12, 2011
    I think it has more to do with the people that don't carry knives and happen to think that only horrible, crazy, murderous criminals would want to carry one.

I always have a LM Squirt and SAK Rally on me for threads and stuff, but it has more to do with feeling silly cutting threads off my shirt with a Sage 1. I've only had one "WEAPON WTF" experience, and it was really more of a dumb joke than actual fear (5'1" girls aren't very scary-looking) so if I have an actual reason to use my knife - i.e. not just playing with it or something - I don't really worry about it.

20. Dunny153

Dunny153

Sep 22, 2011
    I carry a SAK on my keychain all the time for the sheeples