Whats your Sheeple Knife???

Either of these two.

kershawod2.jpg

kiwi1u.jpg

Oh, just tell them it's a consecrated blade, blessed by the Pope, for killing demons.
Eye contact is important. :D

When it's most tactful to be discreet I usually use my Case swayback jack or the Spyderco Honeybee I keep on my key chain. :)

One of these.

Kershaw Crown
8b1b5da5.jpg

Or my SAK Farmer, which I thought I had an individual picture of, but apparently I don't. You all know what they look like anyways.

I have several to choose from:

BM Aphid
Case 6231-1/2
SOG Flash I
Kershaw Half Ton
Buck 709
Gerber Folding Sportsman I

I try very hard to avoid appeasing the sheeple by downsizing my knife, but I have done so. In addition to a real knife, I carry a Victorinox Classic, which is well suited for public usage. I sharpened a pencil at the grocery store with one, for example, which might have caused a disturbance if done with a camo Military.

I don't work in an office environment. If I did so, and sharp things were allowed, I would probably stick with a small SAK.

Whatever Vic SAK I have on me at the time.
Usually a Pioneer or Ranger.
Or the rambler on my keychain.

I usually never carry anything larger than a delica or dragonfly, which is within the confines of the law in my area, so I don't worry about it. Usually if I'm out in public i'm with my wife and 3 young girls, so if anyone DID say something to me, I would take it as an offense. Let's face it, most of the people who "freak out" about pocket knives are probably paranoid, insecure, and live in a reality which is about as genuine as Disney land.

No specially designated "sheeple" knife... just the right knife for the situation. For the most part, it's a Leatherman Charge. If I go out to the wilderness, I take something beefier.

Besides, I'm sure we're individually considered "sheeple" of some form by some people, too. I'd rather avoid the whole circle of arguing over that.

Oh, just tell them it's a consecrated blade, blessed by the Pope, for killing demons.
Eye contact is important. :D

haha i think i am going to start using that one. i carry a case peanut that i have carried for years. yesterday i was playing on the couch with my ss handled endura and my roomate asked me for a knife. i handed him the peanut. he looked at me and said "why do you carry two knives?" and i told him "bc i keep that peanut sharp enough to sever limbs.

I think it has more to do with the people that don't carry knives and happen to think that only horrible, crazy, murderous criminals would want to carry one.

I could be wrong but the people who whip out large tactical knives to do minor tasks or for no other reason than to play with their tactical knife might contribute to people thinking knives are dangerous. I like knives and carry one just about everywhere but I recognize that sometimes I don't need a Spyderco military to cut string. My Queen mini trapper does just fine.

All of my knives are sheeple knives, from my peanuts to my machetes.

I just don't go waving them around like a goof.

Never had a second look.

Guess it depends on who you are and where you are. Folks around NM don't really seem to mind seeing a pocket knife in use but when I am TDY in CA, I have to go just a bit smaller on my blades. Usually a Buck 110 in NM and a CRKT M16 EDC in CA.

I don't really have a sheeple knife. I follow swedish law, which says you can carry any pocket knife that fits your needs, which for me is usually a Spyderco FFG Delica or sometimes a Para-Military. The Delica is Leprechaun green, so people generally don't freak out over it anyway. If they ever do, the problem can usually be solved by smiling.

If I go to Denmark I'm restricted to a Vic Sportsman.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but the people who whip out large tactical knives to do minor tasks or for no other reason than to play with their tactical knife might contribute to people thinking knives are dangerous. I like knives and carry one just about everywhere but I recognize that sometimes I don't need a Spyderco military to cut string. My Queen mini trapper does just fine.
What's wrong with using a military to cut string? Its still just a knife.....

My XM-18 as any other day. I don't hang out with strangers and my family & friends know I've got a knife of some sort - so no surprises. :)

When cutting Sheeple, I prefer to use my Cold Steel Spartan. It has a recurve that cuts flesh/muscle very well, and has enough leverage to allow me to chop through bones when necessary.

If I misunderstood the OP question, then my Case Sway Back Jack is my public knife, simply because most of my knives are illegal to carry in the UK without justification, and if a Cop considers it to be threatening looking, it is illegal as well (its really all about the whim of the cop). Technically that means if someone is scared of my knife, then it is illegal by definition... The Sway Back Jack seems to duck this risk.

Back