When is Buck making modern 110 ?

Light version of this knife with pocket clip,g10 or wood without bolsters and little thinner, would sell like crazy!The design of this knife is near perfect ,handle and the blade, with high hollow grind.What keeps me off is just the weight and thickness.420,13c26,and s30v by Buck is excellent!

The 110 is a classic, iconic design. I don't see Buck ever changing it.

What you suggest would be great for a new design but not for the 110.

Buck has offered this type knife many times. Even currently, in their Bucklite, Selector and Bucklite Max. Have you searched Buck's website? DM

With all the options available from the factory, S30v,g10 etc and the thousands of customs out there..,.. to me the 110 is one of the most forward thinking products out there. With a massive following. I would consider it modern and a best seller. There isn't another knife company that doesn't respect the staying power of that 50 plus year old design. They make other more modern knife options. I have 30 plus 110's. I can't imagine buying another model and having so many of the same one. And none of them are the same. Awesome,

The 560 should have came with stud and clip from the factory.

It did. Well, at least the pocket clip. That model was Buck's first factory pocket clip out the door. Very light, thin and modern looking. DM

Yes David, I like Buck Max models very much,but am looking for something with g10 and still light and maybe with s30v.New Broken Skull by Cold steel is something Im getting soon,and it resembles 110.

Buck has offered this type knife many times. Even currently, in their Bucklite, Selector and Bucklite Max. Have you searched Buck's website? DM

What David said plus the discontinued Paperstone versons. You don't discontinue products that sell well.

Yes David, I like Buck Max models very much,but am looking for something with g10 and still light and maybe with s30v.New Broken Skull by Cold steel is something Im getting soon,and it resembles 110.

Marksman possibly? You may of found what your looking for with your coldsteel. I cannot find where that knife is manufactured online anywhere. I do not buy Coldsteel knives so I don't know anything about them.

I am working on a small batch of 6AL-4V milled titanium frames thinner and much lighter 110's with pocket clips. They are a real pleasure to carry and use.
They are not cheap to build, but are in my opinion, a very nice combo of vintage styling with modern materials. They can be anodized in many colors.
They will look something like this:

I would love to have Buck55,same thickness just longer with 3.5-4 inch blade!I like 55 but its just little short.

Buck with titanium handle is good option,I regred not buying one,its version of 110 .Amazing knife and light too.Buck should reintroduce this one and maybe add a clip!Near perfect knife too.

The Broken Skull is less like a 110 and more of a modernized Folding Hunter like those from Schrade or Imperial if you ask me.

It's is made in Taiwan, Makael.

Buck offers a g-10 version with a clip and S30V and thumbstuds. Not sure if it's still around but I've seen them before

What David said plus the discontinued Paperstone versons. You don't discontinue products that sell well.

The Bucklite, Ecolite and Bucklite Max all have decent qualities and are/were OK knives. But none of them combine the qualities that I think people are asking for.

What I'm hearing repeatedly in these threads is that people are asking for thinner, lighter and more pocketable knives that I unmistakenly look like a 110/112.

The Bucklite and Ecolite were both light, but they were both too fat to be comfortably pocket carried.

The Bucklite Max is nice and thin and carries nicely, but it doesn't look like a 110.

Nobody wants to see any change to the classic 110/112. But there have been all sorts of 110 variations. I think 2 would sell well.

A thin linerless G10 scaled 110 with a thinner handle, thumbstuds and a clip. Essentially, a Bucklite Max with upgraded scales and that looks like a 110, and not a Bucklite Max.

A thin Ecolite with a thinner handle that looks more beautiful than the old one.

I had an Ecolite. It was nice in many aspects but I understand why it needed some tweaks to sell better. First, it would have been a decent work knife if it had held up better. But more importantly, it wasn't compellingly beautiful like the original 110 is and IMO, it could have been. Nicer pivot washer, full brass liners, no ugly finger scallops. And it needed to be pocket carry thin.

Buck offers a g-10 version with a clip and S30V and thumbstuds. Not sure if it's still around but I've seen them before

20151018_075630_zpsdmgov63y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Broken Skull is less like a 110 and more of a modernized Folding Hunter like those from Schrade or Imperial if you ask me.

It's is made in Taiwan, Makael.

I agree with you. 100 percent

I am working on a small batch of 6AL-4V milled titanium frames thinner and much lighter 110's with pocket clips. They are a real pleasure to carry and use.
They are not cheap to build, but are in my opinion, a very nice combo of vintage styling with modern materials. They can be anodized in many colors.
They will look something like this:

Looking forward to seeing these......

I'm a Buck fan and have often wondered why a modern 110 hasn't hit the market yet. The Bucklite is not it. That's not what we're looking for. Anyways I was reading email this morning and Ka-Bar just sent me an announcement on their new Folding Hunter. I checked it out and thought, "my goodness ,that's what I want!" It's too bad it's not a Buck but it'll do. Link below if anyone wants to see it:
http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/..._15_2016)&mc_cid=2cedd5428a&mc_eid=0231f4a75f

In all honesty, I bet Buck sells alot of Buck 110's just the way they are. They probably outsell many of the name brands that are more popular in the forums. Thats probably why they haven't changed them up too much.
I mean there are knives that are popular on the internet, but in the real world/in the field, outside of the internet, you never actually see them. The 110 might not be the flavor of the month on the internet forums, but I'll bet the sales numbers are right up there with those that are. Us knife nuts that are on here looking at knives are the minority compared to the guy that buys a new 110 every 15 years. We are the weird ones! Most of the guys I know seem to carry a Buck 110, a case trapper or sodbuster and are happy with them the way they are.

Back