where do we do the next challenge?

What is the OAL you guys are looking at? Any other additional specs or preferences?

You're like a dinosaur, to me, though. So I'd call you old :D

I'll have you know that last week I was out with some friends having a few drinks and some young (low 20's) hottie started with the "wow you look just like my ex" conversation with me. Once the conversation got too flirtatious I let her know I was married. She then said; "why are all the cute old guys married?", and took off... She didn't say older, the little bitch said old! :mad:

It was like a compliment and insult at the same. :eek:

Thats funny Tony! I have found though that most early to mid 20s girls like older guys :) I work with alot of them and they are far more forward than I remember girls being when I was that age

WOW... I don't know if my mom will let me hang out with you guys!

I hate it when I see a woman in her lower 20's ignore me and go right to the old fellows. Not all of them, but there sure is a lot of them...

At least I was never called old though. :p ... yet.

PS. Wasn't this supposed to be about knives :eek:

Me either The Game. I guess the years have been kinder to me than Tony :) The key is to buzz your hair, that way they can't see the gray.

Oh yeah, the knives. So what next? Do we have enough reviewers? Whats the chore list and OAL limit?

The OAL would be around 6.5-7", probably. I am sure there are enough people in Socal, they just haven't said anything/seen this thread. Aside from Jason.. and I am not sure I trust his judgement based on what I saw... and read. :eek::eek: :p

Chore list for a neck knife, hmm. Well I don't usually where neckers, but I would think they would mostly be used in an outdoor situation for light tasks.

Say cutting cordage, food prep, tent pegs, some fire prep, maybe clean a small fish and process game, etc.

Just throwing stuff out there....

Alright than, I vote for 7" OAL so it would give you the option for a fullsize handle. Just my take on it.

7" OAL seems reasonable...but bigger isn't always better for neck knives.

So let's put some ideas together for judging criteria. For me, a neck knife is a simple utility blade to handle small tasks. I'll wear it hiking for minor food prep, maybe a little carving (make tent pegs), cut cord, etc. Besides the obvious (like it needs to have a good edge that stays that way), important to me are in-hand ergonomics, around-neck ergonomics, sheath/blade retention, and grip. What else we got?

Hey im late to this lets go skiny dipping with the guys but im willing to take my shirt off for Jason.. Yes Jason i know you think im sooo sexy but hey i dont blame you for liking this hairy
Russian.. So let all of us boys run around naked in the woods with neck knives and see what we can build or destroy... Make it short im all in for it... Do need some some in the outdoors.

Sasha Da Zombie Emperor

Man I am not looking forward to the picsfrom these testers....

Knife makers, please take your own pics and post them in this thread so I can ooh and aww before the testing. Cause the pics from the testers will just make me ugh at ahh...

Man I am not looking forward to the picsfrom these testers....

Knife makers, please take your own pics and post them in this thread so I can ooh and aww before the testing. Cause the pics from the testers will just make me ugh at ahh...

I was thinking the same thing, bro. :eek: :eek:

Hopefully, I get to handle the knives first. I have a feeling that I won't want to touch them after Sasha and Jason "do their thing."

I'll try to take pictures before they get messy.

Back