Which would you depend on no matter how tough the going ?

Guess my busse B11 beat the crap out of it just keeps on going great blade

DSCN0949.jpg

from what I own, koster survivor or bk-9

Damn Bruce, a clip point barong!!!!! nice stuff man, still slicing away with my hunting knife.

Geez, Bruce--that's a beauty! I like that one a LOT! :eek::thumbup:

Thanks guys!

Brad, your knife is one of the first 4 or 5 that I ever sold.....

The blade is 13 1/4" tip to scales, forged from sawblade steel that is ~0.280" thick. I have used this steel on several choppers with excellent results (there are few guys here with them). Handle is a tad over 7" with cocobolo scales and copper hardware. Blade is ~2 1/8" at the widest.

Here are some more pics:

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0958.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

DSCN0955.jpg

Sheath too:

DSCN0957.jpg

I would have to go with this 6 inch S30V blade by Tim Olt. Wicked sharp, indestructible, and it excels at all things 'bushcraft'
OCchopping.jpg

The blade is 13 1/4" tip to scales, forged from sawblade steel that is ~0.280" thick. I have used this steel on several choppers with excellent results (there are few guys here with them). Handle is a tad over 7" with cocobolo scales and copper hardware. Blade is ~2 1/8" at the widest.

Yep, the two i have are great choppers, and the steel is excellent.

That is a great looking blade, Bruce. Very nice. :thumbup:

My Matindale Bolo machete is my SHTF blade so I gotta go with it. However, either one of my HI khukris or my CS Trailmaster or 18" Ontario GI machete would be just as reliable. The khuks are probably my toughest knives I own (one is warranted as a prybar) but they're heavy and not well suited for lighter tasks.

This one:

TruthChoppingIII.jpg

It's my design crafted by Bryan Breeden.

* 11" OAL 6" blade - 5" handle
* full-tang w 1/4" exposed pommel
* 1/4" 0-1 tool steel with Bryan's heat treat
* Green Micarta w/black liners
* high-sabre/convex grind

TruthBatonBeginningI.jpg

It is my purpose-designed answer to the posted question.

Frank, if you ever have to use your knife for that purpose that pitdog is talking about, I am kind of thinking that your Truth knife will set you free so to speak lol lol.

Bryan

Bruce, that knife you posted pics of is sweet. I really like that look and design:thumbup:.

My pick would be my ESEE-3. Just love that knife. (Although at some point I want to get my hands on a BK-2) if I couldn't take that, then my Mora 2000, but it would need a better sheath.

Ok pitdog, after getting 3 pages of answers did you learn anthing new from these responses?

Personaly I did. One thing is the chances that you or I would have the time to only grab one knife would be not likly. If you can carry a bigger knife the chances are that you can strap or tape a smaller knife with a sheath for it or a pocket / pouch to hold a smaller knife plus some other survival gear.

Second thing is it really is neat to see what others would take for the (one knife) survival situation.

Bryan

Ok pitdog, after getting 3 pages of answers did you learn anthing new from these responses?

Personaly I did. One thing is the chances that you or I would have the time to only grab one knife would be not likly. If you can carry a bigger knife the chances are that you can strap or tape a smaller knife with a sheath for it or a pocket / pouch to hold a smaller knife plus some other survival gear.

Second thing is it really is neat to see what others would take for the (one knife) survival situation.

Bryan

I was actually waiting for you to post up a pic of the Breeden WSK and say try this one Pit !!!:encouragement:

Back