"White Owl"... 3.5" Equal End... from GEC

Good lookin knife, as soon as that spear has a long pull on it I'll pick one up. To me that nail nick just looks like it's in the middle of nowhere with all that blade around it.

Nathan

There are 4 photos here

I am really interested to see the Clip blade they go with on these.

I have to agree with Stu about the nail nick, but it would not keep me from buying one. Lack of funding might, but not the nail nick. - Ed J

What a classic in ebony ! It really does look like the U.S.A. top end working folders from 100 years ago. Ulster Knife Co., Schrade Cutlery Co., New York Knife Co., and others were making some of the best folders in the world back then and many of their knives still work perfectly despite their advanced age. Nobody has made production knives of that quality since then, until now.
Congratulations GEC ! I hope 'you' keep on reviving these old patterns and making them like the very best of the "good old days".
roland

long-view.jpg

Looks like they are making their way thru the line; this is a factory photo...

I'm waiting at the end of the line!!

I might have to seriously consider #68 White Owl instead of #33 Conductor. I would most likely pick a Northfield with clip master in either cocobolo or snakewood. I think it will look awesome with pinched bolsters and grooves.

Looks like another great pattern from GEC. This will help clear the air after those damn shoe knives :p

Looking forward to seeing the white owls in bone.

The spear-bladed version doesn't do much for me. It's like an equal-end canoe without the panache. Boring to me.

Holy cow, the clip-bladed version really calls out to me. :D Funny how sometimes the small differences make all the difference in the world.

I'm attracted by the clip version too.
I do like this knife but the spear blade doesn't fit to me. I don't know if it's for the nail nick (the long pull and swedge on other spear blades got my eye and my heart), or just the shape of this spear, but I'm definitely longing to see the clip/pen version, since the rest of the knife looks great to me, and I love the ebony handles.
Will GEC be producing some 440C models too?

Fausto
:cool:

I hope to see this in 440C as well, biglmbass. I spoke with Ryan Daniels on the phone this past Spring and he said that their plan at the time was to begin offering up stainless examples of patterns by Fall. Fingers crossed that we start to see those come through and that we can have some of these nice wood-handled options as well.

Wow I've been looking for something like this for a while. Thanks for posting about it. Any idea when they'll hit the streets?

I don't think so. More like an equal end jack, two springs, both blades on the same end, just like the Camillus 23 pattern only smaller.

IMGP8022.jpg

Exactly what I was going to guess. Those 23s are great knives. That is a good working pattern and still a reasonable size in the pocket.

That clip blade picture looks sweet!

Ah, but the beauty of a single spring surpasses the clunky bulky 2 spring. "He who has single spring knife knows the best", JR.
roland

I spoke with Chris earlier and was told no GEC models are planned as of yet. All Northfield version will have bails and pinched bolsters with line. Only the snakewood scales will be serialized and the rest will have a typical short production run of 35 - 40 units. The Tidioute will have PPP etching.

Northfields will have bails?? Same as the Conductor?Not keen on this idea at all.

Back