"White Owl"... 3.5" Equal End... from GEC

Someone on another forum just said they didn't think the Northfields were going to have a bail. So I guess we will have to wait and see.

If ya don't like a bail, cut it off 1 mm above the bolster and peen the ends over. Solved !
roland

Bails are okay but I prefer one without it. I really hope this is the case.

Someone on another forum just said they didn't think the Northfields were going to have a bail. So I guess we will have to wait and see.

With the clip blade this may fall into the "must have" category on my want list.

Tidioute/Clip it is then. Bails interfere with everything, they're OK on a Scout knife sort of obligatory, but otherwise no no.

Funny that you mention the Scout, Willgoy. News of the bail on this pattern has made me very hopeful that we will see a Scout pattern from GEC built on a 3.5" frame. Until Victorinox starts offering a wood handled Climber, I'll have fingers crossed that GEC comes through.

They've released the knives with rusty red jig bone and kryptonite acrylic... those of you with super powers might want to stay away from that one. ;)

682211-rust-red.jpg

681211-kryptonite-2.jpg

682211-ebony-spear.jpg

Not across the board, but yeah some of their bone treatment leaves me cold. I've been slow to warm up to the acrylics but at least they offer somehing from mild to wild. The krypo green is a neat one and the pics above don't do it justice. I wish they'd bring back some of the older acyrlics like lava lamp and fall harvest.

It looks like it could be Dead Skunk.....:thumbup:

What's that Kryptonite look like, lurid or just funky?:eek::D

Tidioute/Clip it is then. Bails interfere with everything, they're OK on a Scout knife sort of obligatory, but otherwise no no.

Agreed. I'm still waiting for the wright 1/2 congress. Watchem' slap a bail on it too. Geez :barf:

Last edited:
Rusty red or Ebony, that is the question!

Some of the acryllics are nice, guess it just depends on which one. There was a blue oyster shell or something like that that really caught my eye but I think it was a very limited edition.

Replace the pen blade with a bottle opener and I'm in for an Ebony one.

If they do a 4 blade camper, my request would be to replace the leather punch with folding scissors. Speaking as somebody who camps and backpacks and ski tours and bike tours a lot... folding scissors are infinitely more useful for dealing with the modern replacement to leather straps. I've never had to create a new hole in a leather strap while camping. That was something that might have been common in the 1940s. But, I have had to repair and resew nylon webbing on many occasions. And I've had to deal with cutting mole skin and bandages for first aid. I would gladly trade the useless leather punch for scissors, in a heart beat.

Back