Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

I carried my Candiru for the first time in its intended environment today. Loved every second of it.

I don't EDC it, but I love it so far.

It has the Micarta scales now, but this is a photo I took for the coffee thread.
20517806806_7a48a3cab2_z.jpg

Sometimes, I carry a 4" fixed blade on my belt, under an untucked shirt. I almost always have a folder too.

Last edited:
Every day, front pocket
I
I like that three compartment pouch. Did you make it yourself?

It reminds me of the little "tool roll" I made for my Wiha mini screwdriver bits. The roll folds up and fits inside the little Altoids tin. All part of my daily carry stuff. (The driver also has nine more bits inside it's hollow handle)

And to stay on topic, I've added a pic of my daily carry fixed-blade (it's also a pic of my two "work" knives). The fb is a Wilson Tactical model 25.

P1010050%20900x675_zpshiumyaix.jpg

P1010046_zpsqgzmsxqd.jpg

Thank you. Yes, it's definitely a nice companion. The blade is made out of S90V. The fixed blade is a single piece of heat treated 1095 steel.
That is a sweet looking folder. If it were a production knife I'm pretty sure I would be placing an order for one right about now.

I carry an ESEE4 on my belt everyday (with the shirt over it). I feel prepared for whatever with it, some kind of every day survival knife. For light duty tasks i also carry a Vic farmer in my pocket. Perfect combo for me.

Found some pics of some fixed that I like to drop in back pocket occasionally. Although, if the little Toucan can be called a fixed blade, I guess it's the only true EDC, as the others are hit & miss. And of course, the one I pocket the most, I can't find a picture of...the Boker Fitz Stag. Great little knife that looks "sharp" too. ;)

epeib7.jpg

2l8kiep.jpg

2j0kp3t.jpg

2rdge2a.jpg

2n8239v.jpg

And, just for conversation usually, the Boker Gnome. Shown here as a Poker Table set. :)

10qmfrn.jpg

it is infact "custom" courtesy of my wife and an old donor leather jacket. that little tool roll looks great too!

This little BRKT Bumble Bee (no longer in production) is a sweet little pocket fixed blade. The stag is a bit heavy, though:

It's brother, the IMP, is also very pocketable and useful:

Here they are sheathed:

I carry this on my belt every day. It's an o1 drop point with ironwood scales made by a member here. Embarrassingly I can't remember who. I can't even find the correspondence I had with him but I'd recognize his handle and I haven't seen a post from him in a long time. I just thinned the blade down to a convex .015 behind the very edge. Cuts like a demon

Back