Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

Quality will be no problem. In my own experience Tops does a good job on 1095. As for ergonomics, I'd expect it would be ok, but that thing would be a 3 finger handle for me. Looks very small.

My hands are not that big. There are some reviews of this knife on the youtube that give some impression of the size. In my opinion this looks minimal, but enough to give a grip.

[video=youtube;gUt0WiIgl3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUt0WiIgl3I[/video]

Ooh, nice SOG!

I don't know if I'd call it nice, but thanks anyway. It is more of a sharpened prybar with some looks and character.. Reprofiled the edge so it actually cuts. Now it does just about everything around the house and in the yard, mostly smashing things.

Here's today's pair. I've been carrying these two for the last week or so. I'd set the G3 aside for a while to carry my Dozier, but I came back to it a few days ago. The more I use it the more impressed I am with Bradford's product. It's just very well thought out and executed. I liked it so much that I ordered a G3 in FFG 3V.

EDC%20Pair.jpg

Last edited:
Belt carry on Fridays when I'm untucked and the shirt hides it... sometimes pocket carry other days as well with certain pants

0f3a30ee6b9f9aa02e2a1d14ee56567b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Here's today's pair. I've been carrying these two for the last week or so. I'd set the G3 aside for a while to carryt my Dozier, but I came back to it a fdew days ago. The more I use it the more impressed I am with Bradford's product. It's just very well thought out and executed. I liked it so much that I ordered a G3 in FFG 3V.

EDC%20Pair.jpg
Just ordered my first gardian... I should have waited for the ffg though...

Just ordered my first gardian... I should have waited for the ffg though...

I hope you like it. It is a sweet everyday fixed blade. It'll carry well in a pocket sheath or hide in plain sight on your belt with the horizontal leather sheath that comes with it. I've coated mine with Neet's Foot Oil to preserve it and help with the weather. I've certainly been impressed with my Bradford. I don't know if the M390 HT is done in house or by someone else., but whoever does it does a good job. These knives come sharp, stay sharp, and are easy to resharpen when necessary. In fact, I'll say something that may be hard to believe here. That G3 in my picture is as easy for me to resharpen as the mini-CQC15 is, and that's M390 powder steel against old school 154CM.

New one today - CRKT Obake:

Pretty sweet little blade. It carries IWB, and it basically disappears once it's tucked in at the right angle.

...How do you like that horizontal leather sheath?

Hey, buddy, I've got a couple G3's. Here's my thoughts on the sheath. I've got one in natural, and one dyed black. The natural one was really, really tight when new. I had to condition the leather with some mineral oil and work it real good with the hands to help loosen it up. It's much better now. The black one, on the other hand, was just about right - no conditioning or break in required.

This was kind of odd for me because, typically, it's the dyed sheath (that shrinks from the dying I'm told) that needs breaking-in, while the natural sheaths (at least, in my experience) have been looser and needing less break-in.

Either way, I do like the horizontal carry for smaller blades, and the G3's sheath is a good design. Finished edges would be nice, but that would add cost. Hope that helps.

Another look at the Obake from today:

I love your photos. Doesn't matter what knife it is, the settings and composition just seem first-rate every time.

You tell me something I didn't know about the leather sheaths. I didn't know they came in black. I'm hoping that my CF G3 comes with a black one. I'll know tomorrow. My natural leather one was just a bit snug, but I wet form all my leather sheaths in the beginning, anyway. By now, it's been used some much and coated with Neet's Foot Oil enough so that it's well-shaped and soft but still has a good snug belt loop and good retention for the knife. I've climbed up and down all over the warehouse wearing that G3 and it's never come out until I drew it out.

CRKT does do some nice looking stuff, don't they? I'd like to see some upgrades to their steel selection, but their designers and collaborators turn out some good looking knives. My wife has an old M-16 that she uses downstairs in her art studio and I have a ray-wrapped First Strike that was a gift from a buddy on BF back in my early days on the board.

Very nice! I have a set of tan scales for my G3 but I haven't used them yet. My 3V G3 should be here Monday.

How do you like that horizontal leather sheath?
I like the shealth, although a little tight. I horizontal carry so it was fine by me.

I just ordered a g4 and g5... got the g4 with s30v ffg and the 5 with wood scales and the ffg... I'll won't be edc-ing these but I'll still post pictures.

Hey, buddy, I've got a couple G3's. Here's my thoughts on the sheath. I've got one in natural, and one dyed black. The natural one was really, really tight when new. I had to condition the leather with some mineral oil and work it real good with the hands to help loosen it up. It's much better now. The black one, on the other hand, was just about right - no conditioning or break in required.

This was kind of odd for me because, typically, it's the dyed sheath (that shrinks from the dying I'm told) that needs breaking-in, while the natural sheaths (at least, in my experience) have been looser and needing less break-in.

Either way, I do like the horizontal carry for smaller blades, and the G3's sheath is a good design. Finished edges would be nice, but that would add cost. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the mineral oil tip... that really helped. Looks good too...

Back