Who else EDCs a fixedblade?

I love your photos. Doesn't matter what knife it is, the settings and composition just seem first-rate every time.

You tell me something I didn't know about the leather sheaths. I didn't know they came in black. I'm hoping that my CF G3 comes with a black one. I'll know tomorrow. My natural leather one was just a bit snug, but I wet form all my leather sheaths in the beginning, anyway. By now, it's been used some much and coated with Neet's Foot Oil enough so that it's well-shaped and soft but still has a good snug belt loop and good retention for the knife. I've climbed up and down all over the warehouse wearing that G3 and it's never come out until I drew it out.

CRKT does do some nice looking stuff, don't they? I'd like to see some upgrades to their steel selection, but their designers and collaborators turn out some good looking knives. My wife has an old M-16 that she uses downstairs in her art studio and I have a ray-wrapped First Strike that was a gift from a buddy on BF back in my early days on the board.

Much thanks for the compliment, Dale - I really appreciate the kind words. And as for the sheaths, I think they include the black sheaths with black coated blades, and the natural sheaths with the stonewashed blades. At least, that's how mine came. Can't imagine they wouldn't either let you swap them out or purchase an additional sheath. Worth asking...

Here's another couple looks at the Obake from today - you can see on the flip side (on the tang, right up next to the wrap) that it's serialized. Each one of these is acid etched by hand, so each one is unique. That's a little extra kinda cool, IMHO:

My weekend companions, a good book, a great knife, sunny weather, and a lake.

SAM_0095.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SAM_0097.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So I got the Tops mini scandi. It sure is small, but the handle is just enough to get 4 finger grip. The handle is quite thin, though, so I will take some gutted paracord and wrap it round the handle. Maybe use some glue too.

The sheath is almost too tight. I shortened the sheath slightly to make room for the wrap, it did not diminish the retention too much. The blade is really sharp, cuts paper cleanly. So I like the knife, it is just the right size to carry in the pocket. I have some ideas about customizing it further.

This is my latest acquisition. A BRKT Mini-Aurora in 3V and black G10. I love CPM 3V for a small FB. This one came perfect in every way. She'll make a good day hiking knife. She's a bit bigger than I like for a workday carry. My G3s can handle that. But this one's got "weekend" written all over her.

980b7d2a-0aa8-4d41-a4d2-d57c0e4450a3.jpg

This is my latest acquisition. A BRKT Mini-Aurora in 3V and black G10. I love CPM 3V for a small FB. This one came perfect in every way. She'll make a good day hiking knife. She's a bit bigger than I like for a workday carry. My G3s can handle that. But this one's got "weekend" written all over her.

980b7d2a-0aa8-4d41-a4d2-d57c0e4450a3.jpg

Beautiful blade, Dale! I've been eyeing those, too... How is the sheath? Can you kant it forward (maybe 45 deg.)? That's typically how I wear small to medium fixed blades. Thx..

Beautiful blade, Dale! I've been eyeing those, too... How is the sheath? Can you kant it forward (maybe 45 deg.)? That's typically how I wear small to medium fixed blades. Thx..

Funny you should ask... I was surfing some knife sites the other day and I saw the Mini-Aurora at DLT Trading with... wait for it....

... a larger version of the Mini-FR / Essential sheath. It can be worn either vertical or slanted for crossdraw. It won't go 45 deg... I wish it would. Probably hangs at about 20-25 deg forward slant.

I had the sheath EEP coated when I ordered it, then I coated it with Neet's Foot Oil and set it in the sun with the knife in it to form it. It's a perfect fit now. I like crossdraw for my FBs so that's how I wear this one. It's a bit bigger than the Essential sheath, but same styling. It does have a fire steel holder but I removed it on mine when it came. Got no use for a fire steel holder.

Brand new and in the house now! Less than 24 hours old. Bradford Guardian 3 in stonewashed CPM 3V & carbon fibre. Sweet and sharp! By my initial cutting test (slicing a yellow page and some pallet strapping) this one came a good bit sharper all along the bevel than my original G3 in M390. The original one is about a year old now and still has remnants of the original shop edge, so she was no slouch. All I've had to do is strop her. The carbon fibre scales are comfortable and tacky without being rough and sticky. I don't care for carbon fibre the way most companies do it, but Bradford's is nice. Feels good and looks pretty good, too.

BTW... does anyone notice something about the stonewashing? Does it remind you of anything? You might not be able to see it well in my kitchen lighting, but it's very reminiscent of the stonewashing that BM puts on its Ritter folders. That's a great blade finish. I'm really glad to see it on this Bradford. I'm looking forward to a lot of Mon - Fri work days with this one.

On to the pics...

3V%20Bradford%201.jpg
3V20Bradford202.jpg
3v20Bradford203.jpg

Brand new and in the house now! Less than 24 hours old. Bradford Guardian 3 in stonewashed CPM 3V & carbon fibre. Sweet and sharp! By my initial cutting test (slicing a yellow page and some pallet strapping) this one came a good bit sharper all along the bevel than my original G3 in M390. The original one is about a year old now and still has remnants of the original shop edge, so she was no slouch. All I've had to do is strop her. The carbon fibre scales are comfortable and tacky without being rough and sticky. I don't care for carbon fibre the way most companies do it, but Bradford's is nice. Feels good and looks pretty good, too.

BTW... does anyone notice something about the stonewashing? Does it remind you of anything? You might not be able to see it well in my kitchen lighting, but it's very reminiscent of the stonewashing that BM puts on its Ritter folders. That's a great blade finish. I'm really glad to see it on this Bradford. I'm looking forward to a lot of Mon - Fri work days with this one.

On to the pics...

3V%20Bradford%201.jpg
3V20Bradford202.jpg
3v20Bradford203.jpg

Looking good!

You too CM. Like the handle mod.

Back