Who still carries a Case Knife?

kqYCoe0.jpg

JM, first number is the handle material, second the number of blads, the two last digits are the pattern.
in this case (pun intended) 6 : bone; 3 blades; 18 medium serpentine stockman; 44 : medium stockman with squared bolsters.
(this book helped a bit ;))
case-livre.jpg

Last edited:
The 6344 is on the small size for a Medium Stockman at 3-1/4”. It has square bolsters and uses the Clip Blade for its main, not many secondary blade options nowadays. The 6318 is one of Case Knives most popular pocketknives and is big for a Medium Stockman at 3-9/16” - comes in a lot of variety with a number of blade options. Has rounded bolsters and most have a California Clip for the main blade. You don’t see many of the 44 pattern but you will find the 18 pattern in a multitude of sets and handle/blade options. OH

Case_6344_Medium_Stockman_-_1976_(1).jpg

Case_6318_CV_Nine-dot_1981.jpg

JM, first number is the handle material, second the number of blads, the two last digits are the pattern.
in this case (pun intended) 6 : bone; 3 blades; 18 medium serpentine stockman; 44 : medium stockman with squared bolsters.
(this book helped a bit ;))
View attachment 1552718
Thanks a lot :):thumbsup:
I'm sorry abour the fact that the old 6318 was thinner ( and more elegant) than the new one :(

Â

The 6344 is on the small size for a Medium Stockman at 3-1/4”. It has square bolsters and uses the Clip Blade for its main, not many secondary blade options nowadays. The 6318 is one of Case Knives most popular pocketknives and is big for a Medium Stockman at 3-9/16” - comes in a lot of variety with a number of blade options. Has rounded bolsters and most have a California Clip for the main blade. You don’t see many of the 44 pattern but you will find the 18 pattern in a multitude of sets and handle/blade options. OH

Thanks for all these details :)
And beautiful knife by the way :D:thumbsup:

Â

I think I'm in love. :eek:
Thanks John, :cool: I thought you might like that.
It's got some light scratches and a bit of patina but even at 50 years old it's as nice as any knife I've seen. Pre 80's Doglegs forever!!! :)
Hope you're havin' a wonderful Sunday.

Last couple of days this 50+ year old Dogleg has resided in my coin pocket.
I like the color and it's exemplary construction.
QUjoT8u.jpg

sparerow
As handsome as a vintage Case Knife comes!

iQr3xBl.jpg

This is the only Case I have at the moment. I’m very impressed with it overall but the build quality and blade alignment in the blade well is superb. I think it’s time I try some older case offerings, I’ve put that off far too long.
You sure picked a nice'un to be your one & only! OH

Back