Who The Heck Are Ya?

I might as well chime in too even though a rlinger is still a rlinger;) . Just an old sock called Roger.

RL

Hi,
My name is Anthony Chaney. I live right smack in the heart of Texas. I know a few of the guys here, but I guess I know Fitz the best. My puter has been broke down and I haven't been on here in a few months. I hardly ever post anyway, but I do read the forum from time to time. I forge mainly, but I would really like to learn how to grind. I have a small 1 x 42, but I ain't had much luck teaching myself. I do make good sparks though!

fitzo

Gold Member
Where you been, Anthony? How's them Guinea chickens you were raising? I never even heard how many fish you caught in Alaska..... :)

I'm in Paltalk Wednesday and Sunday evenings. Stop by you get time.

Larrin

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
My name is Larrin Thomas, I live in Panaca, Nevada (aka The Middle of Nowhere).

Hi there, fellas.
I specifically avoid using my real name on the net whenever possible. Some of the things I do aside from knives rub people the wrong way, and if I ever meet them at a show, I don't want them to start out with preconcieved notions. I don't often chime in to add "Looks great!" or "I agree.", though I often think it. I already spend way too much time on the web, and so often only end up posting when I disagree with something, or have a question. I'd rather people meet the real me before making the connection to my handle here.

Aside from all that, I have always loved knives, and made my first in the second grade. I also love guns, boroque music (I sit down at the piano to play a little J.S. Bach every day, but someday hope to own a French double manual harpsichord), any high quality metal work, good wine, drawing, hunting, and my wife & soon to be daughter. I mostly make miniatures, but lately spend more time on the net than in my shop. Sigh...

If I ever bump into any of you, I hope you'll see I can be a friendly person.

the possum said:
Hi there, fellas.
I specifically avoid using my real name on the net whenever possible. Some of the things I do aside from knives rub people the wrong way, and if I ever meet them at a show, I don't want them to start out with preconcieved notions. I don't often chime in to add "Looks great!" or "I agree.", though I often think it. I already spend way too much time on the web, and so often only end up posting when I disagree with something, or have a question. I'd rather people meet the real me before making the connection to my handle here.

Aside from all that, I have always loved knives, and made my first in the second grade. I also love guns, boroque music (I sit down at the piano to play a little J.S. Bach every day, but someday hope to own a French double manual harpsichord), any high quality metal work, good wine, drawing, hunting, and my wife & soon to be daughter. I mostly make miniatures, but lately spend more time on the net than in my shop. Sigh...

If I ever bump into any of you, I hope you'll see I can be a friendly person.

well that didn't do any good :grumpy: :D still don't know you are :)

Hey Fitz. Chickens are doing well. They have started to lay now, so I have good home grown eggs. Trip to Alaska was awesome! I caught some halibut and red fish. I left most of the fish with my sister, but I sent 8 pounds home to the tune of 53 bucks. It tasted good anyways. I wish I had more. We had a good guide and he did his best to get us into some nice fish. After fishing in texas for crappie most of my life, when I caught that first 50 pounder, he seemed like a monster. You need to be in good shape to bring a big fish from 300 feet deep up to the surface. I can't wait to go back and try my hand again someday. I guess your kitchen is all fixed up and things are back to normal by now. How is Nancy enjoying her kitchen? See ya bud.

Hi, I'm John Worthington otherwise known as Ripi. I live on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand have been making knives for the last 10 years and Ripi is the name of my business [ripi means sharp in our natives language]. I am a full time knife maker over here which means I starve for a living. I am not likely to get to the US of A in the long near future but if anyone is in New Zealand they would be more than welcome to come and say hi.
Cheers
John.

Mark Williams

Thanks to all the folks who have introduced themselves. Good job Higgy..

So what's New Zealand like John?

Arthur Washburn

Knifemaker and AMC Freak
Larrin said:
My name is Larrin Thomas, I live in Panaca, Nevada (aka The Middle of Nowhere).

What Larrin has failed to tell you fine folks is he is the oldest son of Devin Thomas. Ask him when he's going to finish his first knife :D.

My name on the other hand is Arthur Washburn. Devin got me started making knives back in the last century. It was quite the experiance learning and working in Devins shop. I don't get to post as much as I'd like but my full time job keeps me away from home and knifemaking 4 days a week.

hi mark nz is a good place to live lots of trees and mountians not many people 4 mill total .great trout fishing .And deer hunting all year round and no licence needed, good climate too have a look at the lord of the rings movies to see the scenery it covers most of it .
cheers john

My Name is Erik Fritz I live in Forsyth MT. I made my first knife three years ago useing a hacksaw and drill and files from the absolute cheepskate method to make a knife. I took it to The Quigley rifle match two years ago to show a fella that is the Goex powder field rep. He commented on it and said it needed some work. I got a little beligerent with him since i had known him for 4 or 5 years prior to this and asked him why he was such an expert he told me to do a search on his name on the internet, well who would have guessed that a guy named Bill Bagwell was a knifemaker :) this march I finally got a belt grinder and in June Bill spent a week with me and taught me to forge. I enjoy makeing sharp pointy things and shooting blackpowder.

I'm Donavon Phillips. Live in the Mississippi Delta. I have had the great honor of working with Mr. Billy Foster from Vicksburg, MS, some of you might know him. I have made a few knives and it is wonderful. I have always loved knives, as most everybody here. Anyway hope to have the oppurtunity to meet some of you in the near future.

Mark Williams

Hey Donavon

I posted a message to you in the forum but I guess you didn't see it. I drew your name in the knife exchange. Did you want a knife or a hawk?

:) I live in Northeastern KY and have been making knives since one of my ex-wives bought me a J.D. Clay boot knife back in 1983 (only good thing to come out of that marriage). J.D. helped me get started that same year. Due to job transfers my equipment was in storage more often then not. Finally in 1994 got settled back home and built a shop and have been working pretty steady, but still consider myself a newbie.

I am Al Alexander from Columbus, Mississippi. Full time Audiologist and part time knifemaker. Been making knives for 10 plus years. It funds my sword collecting obsession. Several members (and knife makers) of this forum live within a 20 mile radius of me. The Mississippi Knife Mafia.

I am David "Doc" Caldwell. No I am not a doctor and I do not play one on TV either. I do however have no problem doing my own stitches....happens on occassion.

My friends call me Doc, and you guys as far as I know are my friends.

Knifemaking has been a long time interest, but has been unavailable to me for a while now. I am headed back in full bore and look forward to getting things happening again.

Doc

Terry Knipschield. Been making knives since the Mid 80's and became a voting Guild member in '89. I'm a stock removal guy, but good friends like Howard Clark, J.P. Miller and Mike Blue have educated me about "the forge". My location and layout excludes the possibility of a hammer and anvil set up, but I do have a small forge used for heat treating the non stainless stuff, and certainly respect and admire the efforts of others. I enjoy reading about anything having to do with making knives....I always learn something new. Forums like this are a never ending supply of good information.

I make mostly folders now, but enjoy the occasional hunter, fillet or Bowie knife in fixed blades.
Nickname is Knipper (third generation with last name as the culprit). I hope I can contibute in some way to this great forum, but don't get online as often as I'd like.

fitzo

Gold Member
Welcome to the forum, Terry. We look forward to what you have to share....

I have several of JP's knives. Haven't seen him in a number of years. Hope he's doing well.