Who will inherit your knives?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DangerZone98, May 19, 2020.

1. AndreLinoge

AndreLinoge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Mine will probably be seized as evidence and destroyed like everything else.

2. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    I will live forever so no one is getting my CRK ;)

3. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :eek: Their spiritual essence shall accompany me to the hall of the slain . :cool:

The rest will go to Goodwill . :(

johnnywizzo likes this.
  4. CSG

CSG

Dec 15, 2007
    While I'd like them to be buried along with me in my tomb (along with my guitars, optics, books, and cameras), they'll all go to my sons. Both have little SAK knives and most of my stash is those (most in original boxes and unopened), some Buck folders, a couple of Fallkniven F1's, and Moras. Couple odds and ends as well.

5. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    My beloved sibling will get all but one knife.

That one knife will be given to my best friend who knows to appreciate a good knife.

6. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    My knives will eventually be shared with other knife nuts. The family will take a cut equivalent to amount of energy they decide to invest in the effort. Life is fair that way.

n2s

DangerZone98 likes this.
  7. JamesofArc

JamesofArc

Apr 19, 2016
    Who's ever chest I leave it in as i die.

ruddyduck likes this.
  8. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    A bunch of lucky A-holes who go to the garage sale.

My family will take all they want first of course, but some guys are gonna get some good deals on cutlery fo sho.

9. hstdist

hstdist Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2001
    My kids. Already have given the majority to them, along with some instructions on giving them to the grandkids when they are ready. Rest they can pick and choose, I’m lucky that while the kids don’t have the same interest in knives, they each appreciate a good blade and will pass them on. Most of My firearms haven’t been given away yet, but , but am slowly passing on the ones I don’t use in the same way

DangerZone98 likes this.
  10. palmerdl

palmerdl Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2009
    If you check the 'For Sale by Individuals' sub-forum you will see I have been executing my plan. ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  11. dlong

dlong

Feb 10, 2014
    I'd rather not burden my wife or daughter with trying to sell my collection, so I'll probably let them go on the Marketplace. First, I need to quit buying.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  12. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    If I have children, they can have them, if I have grand-children they can have them too.
    Basically, any of my family and friends are welcome to them, I'll lump 'em in with the rest of my crap in my will.
    In all reality though, I don't really care. I'm selfish enough at this point that I figure if they serve me well while I'm above dirt,
    I couldn't care less what happens to them when I die.

I'm hoping some lucky kid finds them for a screaming deal at a flea market, noone knowing what they have unless said kid or dude
    decides to post a "what do I have here??" post on Blade Forums which I trust will still be around long after I'm gone.

If not the above, I'd seriously bet that I'll have given most away before I die and after I haven't any use for them anymore.
    If you see some crazy old man in 60 or so years giving blades away on the exchange for free or damn near, it's no scam, it's a
    worn out old Korean Hog passing along steel to those who will appreciate it the most.

13. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Y'all can sling load DEEZ NUTS Platinum Member

May 25, 2016
    Good luck cutting things in the afterlife if you leave all your knives behind with someone that will probably sell most of them for a new iPhone and some Panda Express. I’m getting buried with mine.

DangerZone98 and jfk1110 like this.
  14. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    A drunk doesn’t worry about the empty bottles he leaves behind

A junkie doesn’t worry about the pile of needles.

Why should a knife nut worry about what they leave behind?

At least it won’t be garbage or hazardous.

Who cares if they end up at good will? That’s how we got some good deals on them in the first place.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    DangerZone98, DocJD and Lee D like this.
  15. grybsh7

grybsh7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I've been buying my son knives since he was 6 or 7. He'll be 30 this summer.
    He already has a pretty nice collection. He'll have a damn nice one when I kick it.

AF, DangerZone98 and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  16. mndart

mndart Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2004
    My wife says Goodwill.

DocJD likes this.
  17. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    You don't know when you will die whether you are 16 or 60. If you want something specific done, tell someone now, otherwise rest easy, 'cause you won't care when you're dead :)

18. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Bulk of mine will go to my oldest son who inherited the knife-nut gene. A smaller portion will go to my youngest son. He appreciates a well made tool, but he doesn't obsess over it. A few with special meaning to them will go to my wife. Some will be given to friends, or children of friends. Rest I will try to sell prior. If I kick the bucket before that my oldest son can sell them.

I've already slowed down on buying knives compared to my younger years. Seriously starting to look at my collection & start selling the ones I don't use now.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  19. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Mine will be going to my son. I know he will use them and not sell them.

Forester_01, jlauffer and WValtakis like this.
  20. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Quiet, Smiling, Korean Hog and 2 others like this.