Who will inherit your knives?

While I'd like them to be buried along with me in my tomb (along with my guitars, optics, books, and cameras), they'll all go to my sons. Both have little SAK knives and most of my stash is those (most in original boxes and unopened), some Buck folders, a couple of Fallkniven F1's, and Moras. Couple odds and ends as well.

My knives will eventually be shared with other knife nuts. The family will take a cut equivalent to amount of energy they decide to invest in the effort. Life is fair that way.

n2s

My kids. Already have given the majority to them, along with some instructions on giving them to the grandkids when they are ready. Rest they can pick and choose, I’m lucky that while the kids don’t have the same interest in knives, they each appreciate a good blade and will pass them on. Most of My firearms haven’t been given away yet, but , but am slowly passing on the ones I don’t use in the same way

If you check the 'For Sale by Individuals' sub-forum you will see I have been executing my plan. ;)

Last edited:
I'd rather not burden my wife or daughter with trying to sell my collection, so I'll probably let them go on the Marketplace. First, I need to quit buying.

If I have children, they can have them, if I have grand-children they can have them too.
Basically, any of my family and friends are welcome to them, I'll lump 'em in with the rest of my crap in my will.
In all reality though, I don't really care. I'm selfish enough at this point that I figure if they serve me well while I'm above dirt,
I couldn't care less what happens to them when I die.

I'm hoping some lucky kid finds them for a screaming deal at a flea market, noone knowing what they have unless said kid or dude
decides to post a "what do I have here??" post on Blade Forums which I trust will still be around long after I'm gone.

If not the above, I'd seriously bet that I'll have given most away before I die and after I haven't any use for them anymore.
If you see some crazy old man in 60 or so years giving blades away on the exchange for free or damn near, it's no scam, it's a
worn out old Korean Hog passing along steel to those who will appreciate it the most.

Good luck cutting things in the afterlife if you leave all your knives behind with someone that will probably sell most of them for a new iPhone and some Panda Express. I’m getting buried with mine.

A drunk doesn’t worry about the empty bottles he leaves behind

A junkie doesn’t worry about the pile of needles.

Why should a knife nut worry about what they leave behind?

At least it won’t be garbage or hazardous.

Who cares if they end up at good will? That’s how we got some good deals on them in the first place.

Last edited:
Bulk of mine will go to my oldest son who inherited the knife-nut gene. A smaller portion will go to my youngest son. He appreciates a well made tool, but he doesn't obsess over it. A few with special meaning to them will go to my wife. Some will be given to friends, or children of friends. Rest I will try to sell prior. If I kick the bucket before that my oldest son can sell them.

I've already slowed down on buying knives compared to my younger years. Seriously starting to look at my collection & start selling the ones I don't use now.

Back