Who will inherit your knives?

Prolly da gubbermint. They'll try to buy 'em back with my own tax dollars at a fraction of their value or just outright seize them. You know, for the greater good. Knives are sharp and scary! :eek::rolleyes:

As of right now: the dumpster.

Even if someone in family took em, theyd have no clue the whole collection is worth several thousand dollars.

Hopefully I meet a lady suitable of being WIFE, so I can produce a heir. As it stands, I've spent most of my time with sluts.

Got plenty of time

You don't know when you will die whether you are 16 or 60. If you want something specific done, tell someone now, otherwise rest easy, 'cause you won't care when you're dead :)

...and they may not care to hear it now.

The only thing the family cares to inherit is usually a bag full of cash. People don’t want to work for it; and most of them just have no talent for selling. Usually, the personal property goes into the trash and the home goes for whatever can be had in a short sale. For them the whole is a win fall and who care about what the old hoarder treasured.

N2s

...and they may not care to hear it now.

The only thing the family cares to inherit is usually a bag full of cash. People don’t want to work for it; and most of them just have no talent for selling. Usually, the personal property goes into the trash and the home goes for whatever can be had in a short sale. For them the whole is a win fall and who care about what the old hoarder treasured.

N2s
This is a sad fact. I know our doodads are just inanimate objects, but if more people gave a damn about caring for tools and knives, we would probably have a more responsible community. A community that insists on maintaining and repairing their things rather than replacing them at the first sign of rust or chipping.

I have zero respect for distant relatives that just wait for the will and the day you draw your last breath. I don’t want my knives to go anywhere near them.

As of right now: the dumpster.

Even if someone in family took em, theyd have no clue the whole collection is worth several thousand dollars.

Hopefully I meet a lady suitable of being WIFE, so I can produce a heir. As it stands, I've spent most of my time with sluts.

Got plenty of time
Don’t feel pressured to find a mate immediately though, man. The right lady will just feel right. :)

I’m still fairly young, but if I don’t find the right gal, I’ll probably just select family and friends of good character to take care of my prized blades.

If I have children, they can have them, if I have grand-children they can have them too.
Basically, any of my family and friends are welcome to them, I'll lump 'em in with the rest of my crap in my will.
In all reality though, I don't really care. I'm selfish enough at this point that I figure if they serve me well while I'm above dirt,
I couldn't care less what happens to them when I die.

I'm hoping some lucky kid finds them for a screaming deal at a flea market, noone knowing what they have unless said kid or dude
decides to post a "what do I have here??" post on Blade Forums which I trust will still be around long after I'm gone.

If not the above, I'd seriously bet that I'll have given most away before I die and after I haven't any use for them anymore.
If you see some crazy old man in 60 or so years giving blades away on the exchange for free or damn near, it's no scam, it's a
worn out old Korean Hog passing along steel to those who will appreciate it the most.
That sounds awesome. Thanks Korean Hog.

I only have few knives... I know that my family and my sibling would want to keep my Recon Tanto because that's the knife I used the most. And they remember me using it too. Whenever they said "Can you cut that with your knife?/ Can you do that with your knife?" or "Can you bring your knife?" - I know they are thinking of Recon Tanto. Even yesterday my sibling wanted to play with it.
They still keep few old cheap knives from my grandpa so mine would probably be kept too.

Warcraft Tanto will probably go to my best friend who really appreciates a good knife but couldn't afford something like that. That would be something amazing to him.

Her name's Ada and she'll probably be into Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and / or philosophy. I wouldn't force anything on her, of course. But it doesn't hurt to introduce them to things we're passionate about.

xDKTJKkh.jpg

Last edited:
Her name's Ada and she'll probably be into Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and / or philosophy. I wouldn't force anything on her, of course. But it doesn't hurt to introduce them to things we're passionate about.

xDKTJKkh.jpg
She’s adorable. :) I agree about not forcing our hobbies on our kids. We can only introduce our kids to knives when they reach the appropriate age. Time will tell if they have an inclination to the hobby or not. My old man introduced me to guns when I was seven or eight-ish. I’ve been a firearms nut ever since.

Sall good. Once we're dead, we won't know any better anyways

Unless we end up haunting the house or something.

(Ghostly voice): ***noOoOoOoOo don't pry with my UmnUuUuUuUmzaan!!!!!!!!***
NO DON’T BATON WITH THE SPYDERCO DRAGONFLY Lmao.

Borrowing the words of the Mentalist, they can build a monument or completely forget about us. Either way, it don’t matter much.

You guys talk like dying is in the distant future.

Years ago my wife stopped bitching whenever I brought a new gun or knife home. Now she just asks how much she can get for it when I'm dead. I've been watching my back ever since.

Probably some family member who doesn’t want them, has no idea what they are or their value, and ends up looking at it as a burden instead of an awesome free score. They’ll probably be thrown away, given away, or sold too cheap. :rolleyes:

Back