Who will inherit your knives?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DangerZone98, May 19, 2020.

1. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    That’s very thoughtful of Nephew C. He sounds like a good man. I’m sure that will be appreciated by avid museumgoers. I know I would. I like anything that cuts, spits bullets, or goes boom haha.

2. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Beautiful collection, partner. It’s nice to have knives of different sizes and brands.

3. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Everything is going to my 2 grandchildren who are only 5 (boy) & 2 (girl) years old now. I've disowned my son (38); long story but he's not getting sh*t from me.

My sister or niece will be the executors and have told them to sell everything, except the family heirlooms/memorabilia (that my sister/niece are supposed to safeguard for my grandchildren) and anything that anyone other than my son wants/can use, which includes all of my guns and knives -- all of the $ to be placed in trust for my grandchildren.

BTW, no one in my immediate family has any interest in guns/knives as far as I know.

DangerZone98 likes this.
  4. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    It's kinda of a family heirloom, but needs work now. Most likely will go to Nephew C along with my knives, again as he is the only one to show an interest other than monetarily.

My great-grandfather bought it new in 1929 and was his only car until he quit driving around 1955 due to "he went senile", as they put it back then. Now, it would have been diagnosed as either dementia or Alzheimer's, depending on the exact symptoms. My grandfather then used it for parades and pulling cotton trailers to the gin until he got waylaid by kidney cancer and a stroke brought on by radiation treatments and the crude chemo of the late 1960s. Then it came to me. I have it out in the barn and turn the engine over every month to keep it from freezing up. It needs new tires, and I need to replace wiring and seat covers as the mice/rats decided to have a party in it.

brownshoe likes this.
  5. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    A friend has one. It's had three owners and never left Starke County IN. It was bought used by his wife, a lass at the time, so she could go to her first job. He's kept it running, unrestored, driving on fair weather Sundays. Almost lost it in a garage fire a couple of years ago, but they pushed it out in time.