Who's Drinkin'?????

Amys back!!! It aint coors light but its close! Cheers!
64a3d5530a61bcd808b5c0b839a6eb52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm finishing out my international Scotch'ish New Year's tour tonight. I had a Japanese blend (Hibiki), a Scotch-American single malt(Glenfiddich 14, aged in bourbon barrels.. I don't like any Glenfiddich I've ever had but this was amazing!), and a ridiculously good bottle of Paul John Edited, a single malt from the Indian subcontinent. Japanese whisky kicks ass(I've had Hibiki and two variants of Nikka) and the Indian single malt was amazing but the Glenfiddich 14 stole the show hands-down. My girlfriend'ish person likes Scotch but Islay are all off-limits for her which bums me out but makes me branch out.

Leave it to the Japanese to get to the cutting edge of single malt after 80 years when the Scots have been doing it since the dawn of their time. Hibiki rocks, Nikka is almost as good.

Glenfiddich 14 seems like an invitation to bourbon drinkers to get in to scotch. I dunno about any of that silliness, I love them both. This is a great drink. I taste old school caramel candies, divorce, and Studebakers.

Paul Jones Edited. A weird drink. Peat, but no smoke.. what is happening here?! It has a deliciously pungent taste but it doesn't settle in for a prolonged assault on the palate. It never crossed my mind that I might like a single malt from India.. they're a long ways from Scotland. Regardless, this is a smooth, pleasant, aromatic drink.

I actually had a Coors Light earlier today just to celebrate the return of Amy. Still tastes like water.

Garth

Grandma used to give me whiskey and honey for a sore throat. Found a bottle of Wild Turkey Honey, that is the same thing right?

Garth

Yes, absolutely. Although, it is a little weak compared with the whiskey and honey I used to be given. Or so it seems now. Probably should add a little pure Turkey to it. 101, of course.

I actually had a Coors Light earlier today just to celebrate the return of Amy. Still tastes like water.

Garth

Nevermind above. Looks like you're all better, if you're drinking beer. Although, Coors Light.... I guess that kinda is water.

Locally brewed and just recently canned
8e910bd40b86edb81085c1b933795f36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT's an interesting flip-top! I like that idea. Wish it would make it to the States. I might drink out of cans more.

I just finished off a bottle of Gentleman Jack this week. I know, rather low-brow for the tastes around here. But it was good for me. Oddly enough, I find I like even lower-brow when it comes to Jack. Regular black label.

Back to the old standard tonight, Cabo Wabo. Made it to the liquor store Saturday so I am all stocked back up and ready to have a few.

Cheers,
Garth

Oh heck.... For old times sake... BRING IT and for the LOVE of all that is Holy, drink Coors Light.

Back