1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Who's Drinkin'?????

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Z51

Z51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Knocking down some SAOS barrel proof bourbon tonight.

Delicious...

2. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Rémy Martin VSOP tonight. Much as I love Laphroaig and Lagavulin; and even if sake is the happiest drink on Earth (and it is); sometimes a good Cognac is the only thing that will do. And this is one of those times.

3. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Goin with the Elmer T. Lee tonight.

[​IMG]

4. Srtr

Srtr Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2016
    You and me and the Devil makes three...

[​IMG]

5. naturalist

naturalist

Nov 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    I don't know why but, I just can't get used to drinking Whiskey, bourbon, Scotch etc. I do okay with tequila, rum and vodka though. Is there a secret?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

7. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I just started drinking whiskey, scotch on a regular basis. I found the regular whiskey a tad harsh. Then I found what I thought was perfect Johnny walker green, then I found Macallen 12. Macallen 12 so far in my hunt is the winner. I'm new to the whiskey scene but find the single malt is a lot better to blended. But I came from being a beer and vodka guy.

8. CascadianAaron

CascadianAaron

Mar 6, 2016
    [​IMG]

Just got this last week (picture is from their website). Unlike any whiskey I have ever tasted, predominantly corn mash but aged (9 years) in used bourbon barrels like a scotch. I like it a lot!

9. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    I haven't found a secret yet. I think different people just have different tastes. I can drink some scotch but never have really been able to stomach bourbon. And then I can drink tequila that I have been told would make a goat puke with no problem. Bourbon just seems harsh to my taste buds. Dan drinks it like its water and is constantly having me try new bourbons. He says it taste like butter. Not like any butter I have ever tasted.

Garth

10. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

Just drink more ... Lots more!

11. Garth Reckner

Dec 13, 2004
    I have been told that you just drink til you don't taste it. Once I have some good ole Cabo Wabo in me I can drink just about anything.

Garth

12. Georgecatl

Georgecatl Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Anybody tried this ?
    [​IMG]

Distillery located very near to a friends land that I hunt. Killed the last of his bottle, so it came available in Atlanta and I bought two bottles. One to replace his and one for me ..... good stuff :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    oops wrong section :)

14. dericdesmond

dericdesmond Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Day off=beer 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Highland Park 15. I like this one better than the other Highland Parks I've had, which I guess would be the 12YO and 18YO. Just a little rough around the edges, in a good way.

16. Garth Reckner

Dec 13, 2004
    Sippin some new tequila that a friend sent.

Cheers Folks,

Garth

17. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    I spend all my money on knives so Miller High Life for me tonight.

18. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Sunny and 82° here in East Podunk today, and I thought this balmy Texas weather called for Texas whiskey. Whiskey isn't something they've been making in Texas for very long (at least not legally), but after Tito's opened the first legal distillery in Texas two decades ago, there was at first a trickle, then a flood of spirits claiming to be from Texas. As far as I can tell, the "Texas" appellation usually means they bought stuff made somewhere else, bottled it in Texas, and then jacked up the price. Apparently it's a fairly effective marketing gimmick.

The first Texas booze I had other than Tito's vodka that I thought could hang with competition in the same price range was Four Roses Rye, which was a little pricey, but awfully good, I thought. The second one was 1835 Bourbon, which is about as good as anything I've had for about $25 a bottle. This one was considerably more than that:

[​IMG]

Last Friday, my wife and I were visiting with some of her friends in Austin, and one of those friends was Tim. It turns out that in addition to sharing a profession, Tim and I also share an interest in knives, guns, and booze. He Had a bottle of the 2015 edition of Garrison Brothers Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Maybe it was just the good company and sparkling conversation (Busse knives were mentioned more than once), but damn if that wasn't one of the best whiskeys (or whiskys) I've ever had. Very well integrated for only 2 years in the barrel, and a really nice cinnamon spice notes. It tasted like Christmas.

On the way home, we stopped at Spec's Houston hoping to find a bottle of the 2015, but all they had was the 2014 and the single barrel. I figured it was worth a shot. I've heard it varies from year to year, but I figured one if not both would at least be close. I opened both bottles today, and sadly, they don't have the same magic as the 2015. At $70 and $90 a bottle, respectively, I'd say they're overpriced by at least a factor of two. But for the 2015 I had last Friday, I'd willingly pay the price of a bottle of Lagavulin.

ETA: When I said Four Roses Rye, I meant Yellow Rose Rye. Not quite the same thing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  19. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Drinking Linie Aquavit, then some Evan williams. Badly need more aquavit.

Wish I had a pool, scratch that, jacuzzi.:D

[​IMG]

20. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    WOW, 82 Degrees, poolside, good whiskey and a Busse knife-Doesn't get much better than that!!!