Why are you people here?

I, like everyone else here, enjoy "talking shop" about knives and helping out fellow knifenuts by answering inquiries and passing along thoughts and ideas. So far I've met a lot of people and some of which I am proud to call friends. There's such an un-measurable wealth of information available on these forums, and I've definitely learned a lot from fellow members. Reading BF is addiciting and I've simply got to get my fix at least several times a day
smile.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Most of the above reasons mentioned above is why I am here, too. I am a KnifeNut and am obsessed with knives, at least most people I know including my family tell me that!

These forums are basically a fun place to be, for reading and sometimes when time allows for replying.

I do miss these forums a lot during the evenings and weekends, only have access here at my work.

Good job to all involved with making these forums happen!!!!

Gotta go,
Mark

" Knife Collectors Are Sharp People ! "

------------------

To find a husband!

(simmer down Walt...its a joke
wink.gif
)

Serious and fun discussion about one of my primary interests with like-minded people.

Being a knifenut, it's difficult to find enough people to talk to, or anyone for that matter.

It's like this, knowledge about man's oldest weapon/tool has always been passed down to the next generation. We're following a traditional process.

Advance info about new developments and products.

A place to buy and sell special pieces.

To find people who won't laugh at my obsession. Being a knife monster that my co-workers created, it feels good to talk knives w/ people who know what their talking about. Also to avoid an hour drive to the nearest dealer to be seduced into buying
(spending $$$) something I don't know the pros and cons about. First place I go to on the net and the last.
PR

[This message has been edited by prigger (edited 22 January 1999).]

Hi, my name is Ralf! I’m knife addicted.

It started when a was still a little boy. I always flatted my nose on the store windows with all the cool knives on display. I saved my allowance for a long time to buy my first folder which I was hiding from my parents and sister. For Christmas and birthday, my wishes circled around knives, but they got rarely fulfilled. Now I’m an adult and with the time my addiction became stronger and more expensive. First it was the production stuff I went for. The names Benchmade, Microtech, Cold Steel, Ka-Bar, Puma, Timberline, Kershaw, Buck and Spyderco are as familiar to me as Coca-Cola and McDonalds are to normal people. With the time my taste refined. Now I need hand-mades to fulfill my addiction. The production pieces got sold or went to friends. I’m on the waiting list of several makers, and always on the hunt for prototypes and low numbered limited editions. I could hold lectures about CPM420V, VG10, BG42, D2, O1, dendritic Cobalt, Stellite, titanium, G11, carbon fiber, selective temper, air hardening, oil quenching, bead blasting etc. My room is stuffed with catalogs and magazines about knives. I walk through bookstores, checking literature about knife-making, but can’t find anything I don’t already own. It takes me more time to choose the right multitool than to fix things with it. In kitchen stores, I’m found in front of the Henckels display. In a Japanese restaurant I’m sitting at the counter beholding the chefs slicing the tuna. If I get out of bed I have to be careful where to step. Good rules are to never reach out in the dark or behind something or drop yourself in the sofa without making absolutely sure there isn’t an open blade pointed at you. The only friends I have are knife makers or other collectors.

People think I’m nuts and I know there is no hope.

I’m here to find just a little understanding. Do I ask for too much?

These forums are very much like an on line knife magazine with articles that change daily. In addition, people speak their minds with candor and frankness and are not beholding to advertisers. It is refreshing to have access to view points other than my own (although, mine are better, just ask me!)

To find a wife!! Don't worry, DC, you will come to enjoy it.
smile.gif

BTW, you owe me one for a keyboard spewed with coffee after reading your post!

Fellow posters, keep tuned for another act of 'The Taming of the Shrew!' Walt (still-got-my-kneecaps) Welch

One day, I was checking out the new stuff at KnifeCenter and this link caught my attention...Now, what's this BladeForums-thing? I think I registered in 24 hours because everything here felt so amazing, almost too good to be true. I had lurked on rec.knives for a long time, but never posted anything. The massive amount of knife-related information and the best people make this place feel like home. Thanks everyone.

Jani

I'm here because I didn't like how Earl was running his forum!

Well, also because I've noticed two kinds of people:

a. the "secret keepers". People who "hoard" information hoping that by keeping what they have found/learned "secret", they will be able to get some advanatage over others.

b. the "info givers". I also call these folks "species man". They love to spread knowledge, and let others know about what they have found/learned. These are the people that help the species to progress. I am one fo those people, and the folks that post here are too!

Thomas

Cause RDK is just some cheap-a$$ auction site?

------------------
A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined;
George Washington Jan 8,1790--There can be no doubt about the Second Amendment.

Well I am a newbie and a lurker to the forum and I appreciate all of the useful info I get
from the reviews and general discussion. Since I live in an isolated area the nearest knife store is Walmart :-( so I deal through the internet. It's is an additive hobby for sure. I wish my wallet was as deep as my desire.

So I will keep comming here and maybe later start to post more.

Regards
Bob

I'm here because my husband loves knives and he re-kindled my interest in them. My first knife was given to me by a girlfriend when I was in gradeschool.

I saw the movie 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' and saw Charley's knife and now I long for it. I think it is a beautiful design. I don't know how well it would work in the real world but just to look at it and touch it would be enough.

This is my first forum experience and you all seem very nice.

Thanks,

Vega

I am her for the love of knives. Also I am learning knife making and this is the best place to be for that. Besides the tips in shop talk I learn what other people like. It doesn't do much good if you make a great knife and nobody wants it.
smile.gif

I'm here because ...

1.) I can learn from others.
2.) I can share what I know.
3.) I like interacting with other people who are as knife-crazy as me. It's comforting just knowing that you guys are out there.
smile.gif

------------------

Win
Knife lover, Philosopher, Humanitarian, and All-around nice guy
(all right, so I'm just a knife lover)

Because I love knives. I also really enjoy the quality and quantity of good people who frequent this forum.
DC. I'm single and very handsome. Mike Turber and Will Fennell both have pictures of me but they won't post them for obvious reasons
wink.gif

Bill

------------------
Talk is cheap. Free speech is not.

Because, as so many others have stated, there is no other place to find such camraderie and shared interest about a subject that so many people raise their eyebrows about.

Back