WINNER ANNOUNCED: First giveaway from this piglet, after a few apologies.

AZTimT

The Stripetition Finish Guy
Ok, I have never done one of these, but in celebration of a "special to me" moment of getting cyber-inducted with the piglet name of AZHAMT I am conducting my first giveaway.
20pbnde.jpg

Over the past few days I have come to realize that it is a bittersweet moment for me personally though. I have been blessed or helped by others in the past and so would like to help someone else to keep the good karma rolling. In full disclosure, other reasons are more personal but I will share it with you all. While my feedback looks good to the public, there are a few blemishes I must address before I go on. I learned first hand how bad "good credit" can be if the economy tanks last year so I no longer participate in the revolving debt system any more than I have to. I was so stressed out by it last summer that I kind of lost sight of myself on some things in my dealings with others, but life is better now and I have grown as an individual.

1. The only Busse I ever sold for a greedy profit was a blade just like the one I am giving away now. A little profit is fine, but there is definitely such a thing as too much. :( I have felt bad ever since as even though it was a case of supply and demand, it wasn't HOG-like.
2. I also owe Eric an apology as I failed to come through on the only Swamprat order I ever placed with him due to messing up my email filters and by the time I figured it out it was canceled, which, when I received that notice I couldn't afford it anyway due to other commitments. I never replied to it because I was pretty embarrassed, but I know now that I should have as that is just an excuse. I am sorry Eric, you deserved better than that.
3. The other person who I fell through on was Charlie from LMIW. I was supposed to send him a couple blades for sheath fitting but failed to do so. He never said anything, but he could have and it would have been well deserved. Sorry to you as well, Charlie, I hope that I was not the cause of any delays.
So just like our greedy little pregnant goat, Binky here, I find myself wearing the "Bag of shame" until I do something to balance my conscience or I can never become a true HOG since there should be "No Regrets". Judge me if you must. :eek:
9a4r3t.jpg

Now that these things are off my chest they will ever happen again, I promise. I want to be a benefit to the community and I didn't reveal this for any other reason than I feel it is the right thing to do.

So I bought this BOSS Jack no choil proto to give away once I received my induction. I thought that would not be until I could attend Blade some unknown date in the future, if ever, since I missed Blade 2010 while moving last year. Jerry & Amy-0 allowed me in sooner and I am thankful to be able to share this with you all. Now enough about me, let's make this about you!

2d9zrro.jpg

It's been sharpened and reprofiled by someone else and stropped by me. While it is neither pristine nor Garth, Beef or Josh sharp, it will shave and slice paper.
kd8gwi.jpg

This is not a random giveaway as I have a few criteria in order to make sure the recipient will use and enjoy this nice piece of INFI, hopefully, rather than just turn around and sell it.

I don't have a sheath for the knife currently, but I called my HOG mentor and friend, Dave Brown, who was more than willing to provide one, :thumbup: so this is actually a joint giveaway. :cool:

I may need the help of the HOGs in selecting the right person as this isn't just a random giveaway for a reason. I would like to help someone who can really put this user to work. I would prefer someone in the military either deploying soon or just starting out because I believe this knife is perfect for that application, but if we can't find someone like that that's ok too.

My criteria is as follows:

1. First and foremost, just be honest with me. If you are not, it will be on your conscience even if you think I don't know the truth. Also, if you are dishonest, sooner or later it will be found out. This isn't about money so I want the recipient to keep this knife and not sell it since it didn't cost them anything.

2. If you are in the military and on or have been given orders for deployment to anywhere considered a combat zone, including veterans who are no longer in, you are at the top of the list with someone deploying soon or just starting out in the military being the top candidate. I won't require them to prove it as I believe that part of being a Hog as I understand it is honesty and trust. On the other hand I am not going to reject it either if one wishes to do so since it may help one get used to the forum motto of "pics or it didn't happen". :p Also, I have no qualms about shipping a knife to an APO address as long as the blade length is acceptable by the recipient's command.

3. If you have 3 or less Bussekin knives and/or nothing in the 5-7" range at all, or circumstances in life have forced you down to below 3 then that works too. Life has it's ups and downs for everyone, this is about taking care of family.

4. I will probably talk to the top picks on the phone just so I can make this less impersonal than the internet, since I would much rather do this face to face, but I doubt that is possible.

5. Since I most likely will not be able to meet and shake the hand of the recipient, I have one request. All I ask in return is that the recipient post a picture of him/her self (face/name does not have to be included if privacy is an issue) with the knife in hand being used within a week of receiving it. A mini review of what you honestly think about the knife regardless of anyone else's feelings would be neat too, but that's optional. If you don't know how to post a pic I can walk you through how to do it or you can email it to me and I can edit/post it for you.

6. If you are interested or know someone you think should get this you can post a reply here or email me by clicking on my name and "send email to AZTimT"

7. I do reserve the right to pick the recipient based off of the help of others who post here in the Busse forum on at least a semi regular basis. This may take a little bit to find the right individual and that is fine. Maybe one of the HOG's who has been going through hard times? :confused: Help me out here, please.

Let's have fun and let the giveaway begin!! :D

Last edited:
UBER-COOL!!!

And by the way, It is completely unnecessary but I will personally vouch for you... Nobody is perfect, but you are a strait dealer in my book.

Very thoughtful giveaway, too. I've always thought that servicemen should have the absolute best, and I believe Jerry Busse produces just that... Aweful kind of big Dave to throw in a sheath as well.

I will happily bow out of this give-away since I got a BJ a while back and am still grinning.... :D

Last edited:
THis is what being a HOG is all about. Atleast IMHO!

TIm, I found this letter so refreshing even though I already thought highly of you. IT was a great read and truly inspiring. Not sure I have ever seen so much given balanced with the fact that you really have no need to do soemthing so wonderful and the fact that percentage wise compared to collection you just filled the offerring plate brother.:eek:

Abundantly!

Awe struck:)

UBER-COOL!!!

And by the way, It is completely unnecessary but I will personally vouch for you... Nobody is perfect, but you are a strait dealer in my book.

Very thoughtful giveaway, too. I've always thought that servicemen should have the absolute best, and I believe Jerry Busse produces just that... Aweful kind of big Dave to throw in a sheath as well.

I will happily bow out of this give-away since I got a BJ a while back and am still grinning.... :D

I think you meant strait shooter cause he's no dealer and I mean that in a flattering manor:thumbup::cool::D

A cloven hoof salute to you, sir!

IMHO, this exemplifies a true Hog spirit, in being part of and giving back to the community. Being a Hog has never been about how much one can spend on Busse knives, but instead enjoying what you have and sharing that with others.

Shoot, I'm a veteran of the USMC. I was a helicopter crew chief on the CH-53D Sea Stallion. I got alot of flight hours and I've fired alot of .50 cal rounds down range. I've trained several Marines that went on to serve proudly in Afghanistan and Iraq. I get emails from Marines whom I've never met that have been trained by Marines that I've trained. I do feel undeserving since I have NEVER served in combat. My service ended in 2002 with my unit having not deployed to Afghanistan. I know there are many here more deserving than I am, but I am very proud of my contribution.

Adam

Former Sergeant, United States Marine Corps 6173

Last edited:
Do you have to be a Hog to enter this give away?

My name is Tony Nguyen, and I am in the second category of people that qualify for the giveaway. I own 2 busse knives currently (A TTKZ and a BWM that is at Wauseon to be replaced).

I've fallen on hard times recently. My transmission on my subaru forester has now failed for the 2nd time in 3 months (you all should have seen it, it was billowing smoke while I was near Yonkers :(). Then to top it off I got scammed on a tow. A truck pulled up to me and I asked him if it would be possible for him to call a truck that was AAA affiliated so I could be towed. He said he would. The flatbed shows up to tow my car and he says he's AAA. Then when we get to the transmission shop he says calmly "That'll be 90 dollars."

I asked him "Isn't this covered by AAA" and he said "Sorry I'm not AAA."

The tow was 3 miles. 90 dollars for 3 miles. So not only am I out that money, but I have to pay the transmission guy for the repair (I'm fairly certain he messed it up because my car will not shift out of first gear while going up a hill).

In order to pay for this I am trying to scrape together whatever money I can and that includes trying to sell or getting a knife+cash for my BWM or TTKZ.

I know I'm not as deserving as our service men and service women, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Also, I thought that I'd mention that I love the giveaway that you're doing and it really exemplifies all the best parts of BF.

Pray for my car :thumbup:,

Tony Nguyen

Not an entry here either but I would just like to say that I raise my glass to you, sir! To me, it's gestures like this that are what make being a part of this community (this forum as well as BFC as a whole) so special.:thumbup::thumbup:

I would love to throw my name in the hat. At one point I had close to 30 Busse Combat knives. Times were tough and now they are all gone. I have wanted this exact blade since I got into the Busse craze. Feel free to call any time, if I'm working just leave a message and I will call when I get off. Thank you very much for the oppertunity, and thank you for helping support our military. I was in law enforcement till I got injured, its nice to have support out there.

Last edited:
Jab, I agree. Last christmas I did a give away for a new camelback pack. By the time I was done there was 4 knife smiths from our forum here that donated as well. The winner got one hell off a kit when it arrived. I just wanted the kit to go to someone who would use it well. And didn't have the means to set one up by themselves. I still get thank you e mails and its been over a year since then. Its nice to touch someone that way.

Kudos. I am too fortunate to even THINK of entering this contest, but I salute you 100X over!.

Also not an entry, but a hearty thanks for the giveaway!

I just placed an order for a donated knife for my cousin Robert (a 19 year old Marine).

I have a few other cousins who are in the military, but none that were as young and in need of a donated piece of Infi. (one spent a year over in Iraq when he was national guard I did not get him a decent knife.......and have regretted that.......not that he would have needed it. He was intelligence, and spent his entire deployment in a bunker helping to catch some BIG fish over there!!! Now, he is a lawyer, and in the JAG, so does not really need it for combat). The other was never in need of a donated knife.

The community here literally jumped in to donate to my young cousin in the Marines.
Thanks (you all who donated!).

Just wanted to say, that this is one of the reasons I really enjoy this forum.

Hopefully this will go to some deserving person!

I was just contacted by another member who is wanting to throw in a Strike Force fire starter for the giveaway. Thank you!

Shoot, I'm a veteran of the USMC. I was a helicopter crew chief on the CH-53D Sea Stallion. I got alot of flight hours and I've fired alot of .50 cal rounds down range. I've trained several Marines that went on to serve proudly in Afghanistan and Iraq. I get emails from Marines whom I've never met that have been trained by Marines that I've trained. I do feel undeserving since I have NEVER served in combat. My service ended in 2002 with my unit having not deployed to Afghanistan. I know there are many here more deserving than I am, but I am very proud of my contribution.

Adam

Former Sergeant, United States Marine Corps 6173

Sounds like you meet the military/vet category and a worthy candidate.

Do you have to be a Hog to enter this give away?

My name is Tony Nguyen, and I am in the second category of people that qualify for the giveaway. I own 2 busse knives currently (A TTKZ and a BWM that is at Wauseon to be replaced).

I've fallen on hard times recently. My transmission on my subaru forester has now failed for the 2nd time in 3 months (you all should have seen it, it was billowing smoke while I was near Yonkers :(). Then to top it off I got scammed on a tow. A truck pulled up to me and I asked him if it would be possible for him to call a truck that was AAA affiliated so I could be towed. He said he would. The flatbed shows up to tow my car and he says he's AAA. Then when we get to the transmission shop he says calmly "That'll be 90 dollars."

I asked him "Isn't this covered by AAA" and he said "Sorry I'm not AAA."

The tow was 3 miles. 90 dollars for 3 miles. So not only am I out that money, but I have to pay the transmission guy for the repair (I'm fairly certain he messed it up because my car will not shift out of first gear while going up a hill).

In order to pay for this I am trying to scrape together whatever money I can and that includes trying to sell or getting a knife+cash for my BWM or TTKZ.

I know I'm not as deserving as our service men and service women, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Also, I thought that I'd mention that I love the giveaway that you're doing and it really exemplifies all the best parts of BF.

Pray for my car :thumbup:,

Tony Nguyen

Sounds like the second category definitely applies to you. Also a worthy candidate. Sorry to hear about the car troubles, I've been there and it's no fun.

I would love to throw my name in the hat. At one point I had close to 30 Busse Combat knives. Times were tough and now they are all gone. I have wanted this exact blade since I got into the Busse craze. Feel free to call any time, if I'm working just leave a message and I will call when I get off. Thank you very much for the oppertunity, and thank you for helping support our military. I was in law enforcement till I got injured, its nice to have support out there.

Elliott
phone number removed for privacy

Another worthy candidate. Sorry to hear about the hard times. I have your phone number so if you want to edit it out that would be fine.

This being my first giveaway I see there are many questions I overlooked.

No you don't have to be a HOG as most of the HOG's won't need a user, but there may be a few in similar situations as yours. That is why I asked for the HOGs' help.

You also don't have to be a BF member as there are way more people in the military then there are on BF.

Basically, if the BF community is willing to vouch for someone then that should be sufficient to me for a worthy candidate.

BigfattyT, your desire to help your cousin really helped inspire this idea so my highest preference would be someone in the military who REALLY needs a Busse. Second would be someone who just plain can't afford one right now. I have been in both of those situations and can personally attest to how rough they are. Stay strong my BF brethren!

Since this isn't an all inclusive giveaway per se, perhaps I can include all in the pick. The input from other members will help, so maybe the top candidates could be part of a poll?

So far it appears we have three qualifying entries.
amflud
Tony Nguyen
dbltap45acp

Let's keep them coming!

I am serving, and I am deploying, but ATC'ers don't have much need for knives at work... I hope this ends up in the hands of someone who puts boots on ground. Good luck guys.

Back