1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

WINNER ANNOUNCED: First giveaway from this piglet, after a few apologies.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by AZTimT, Feb 26, 2011.

1. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy

Oct 15, 2009
    Creightonfcb, thank you very much for your service and for your post. :thumbup: I can not PM or email you due to your settings. So if you could shoot me your email via PM or email (click on my user name for the options) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding

Apr 4, 2009
    Bumpity boo.

I would through my buddy that just finished his Navy basic in the ring but he will be better served by a spyderco Salt 1. He will be a mechanic on a Seahawk Helo in San Diego for a while.

Soooo...just give it to DblTap. :)

3. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik

Mar 18, 2003
    Hooray for Captain Spaulding!!! Three cheers for Captain Spaulding!!! :D:thumbup:

4. Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding

Apr 4, 2009
    Well put and well deserved. :D

5. dbltap45acp

dbltap45acp

Dec 19, 2008
    Haha, it is well deserved my friend.

6. AZTimT

Oct 15, 2009
    Alright, well as promised it's 3-23 and I am announcing the winner.

There was a great list of candidates that all had a pretty good shot until creightonfcb came forward with his candidate(s). After several days of emailing back and forth to the other side of the planet I was given a very worthy candidate that I couldn't pass up. A young airmen that will remain anonymous for his own safety who is married and deploying for the first time to Afghanistan but can't possibly afford a Busse is the winner of the Boss Jack/Sheath/fire starter. Having been in that exact same type of situation I know what he is going through now and in the near future.

Thanks to the generosity of two other Hogs, here is exactly what he will be receiving:
    [​IMG]
    ______________[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just feel bad that I can't give something to all of the 13 guys he narrowed it down to of the many deploying soon, but I am happy to know the blade will see military service in a combat environment. I hope it helps it's new owner come home safe to his family.

To the rest of the candidates, I am sorry to disappoint you but I truly hope you understand why I went this direction.

If I receive any pics that aren't of a safety compromising sort and I have permission, I will post them when I receive them. Otherwise I will leave it up to either creightonfcb or the actual recipient to post them.

Thank you to all who posted! :D

7. dingy

dingy

Feb 19, 2008
    man, a great knife serve in army is soooo cool.

8. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    good to hear you found someone on active duty!
    best of luck to all 39 of the servicemen creighton fcb has deploying, too!

9. dbltap45acp

dbltap45acp

Dec 19, 2008
    I'm glad it found a good home. Thanks again Tim

10. roytogo1

roytogo1

Jun 1, 2009
    Hey, that's great! Glad it went to a fellow airman after all. Aim High!

11. alsj727

alsj727

Mar 26, 2010
    God love all three of you for the generous gift to this Airman who is about to go into Harm's Way, so all us of can do what we're doing.:thumbup:

12. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Congratulations to the new owner!

Very generous of you, Tim!

13. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Congrats to the recipient. Hope it serves him well.

14. awesome , im glad someone who really needs it is getting it. great job aztimt.

15. lsheldon

lsheldon

Jan 2, 2009
    Congrats to the winner, and to AZTimT for a great giveaway......:thumbup:

16. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Gratz to the winner. Sadly, I didn't see this thread until today. Would have liked to enter my army buddy who will be deployed to Afghanistan in the next 90 days. At any rate, thanks again for the give away.

17. James 61

James 61

Jun 19, 2007
    Glad to hear it is going to a well deserving young man. Best of luck to him and here is praying he comes home safe and sound.

18. JAB

JAB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Once again, green chicklets to you guys for this most generous gesture. :thumbup::thumbup: Here's hoping the recipient uses it well but never has reason to have to test it to the limit on the battlefield!

19. AZTimT

Oct 15, 2009
    Thanks again to everyone. I shipped it out this afternoon so the recipient should have it sometime next week.

20. creightonfcb

creightonfcb

Nov 5, 2005
    As an update....

Knife recived and deliverd! Will post a pic tonight, as I cannot do it here at work.... On behalf of the lucky winner, Heartfelt thanks and gratitude were expresed, as well as amazement that there were people in the world willing to do something like this for someone that they have never ment. When asked how he would use it, he told me that it would be carried every day as part of his E & E kit. Before this he had never even heard of Busse knives, but I know we have a convert!!

Respectfully,

Deuce