• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Wolfsnagel - Gerasymenko Volodymir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least now you know for the future that when you receive a knife, your job is to do a full inspection of the knife IMMEDIATELY upon receipt. There are a lot of folks who sell on the Exchange every day who knowingly or unknowingly misrepresent knives, but at the end of the day, whatever you find that's not as described is on them. I'm not really sure where you go from here, because now that this whole situation is public, and you had initially told the other guy that you were good with the knife, you've kinda claimed it. Wolfguy could tell a mod that now it feels like buyer/trader's remorse, especially given that you're the one who got worked in this trade deal.

I have no intention of doing anything further. I wouldn't trust Wolfsnagen to ship the knives back to me. He has made it clear that he is doing nothing, so it is what it is. I am shipping the knife to Curtiss Knives on my own dime, hopefully it will get fixed and I'll have a properly functioning knife, no thanks to Wolfsnagen. I started the thread so people would know not to do business with a dishonest person as I am unable to leave feedback. Also, he said my claim is baseless. I disagree so I'll let the forum decide.

I'm to lazy to look but I remember seeing the same wolfsnagel come up before..

I'm actually surprised that you allowed this Wolfangles guy to claim that that Curtiss was more valuable. It certainly was not, definitely not the level of needing to add additional knives. This whole trade was a mess. :/

And hence why the trade partner in this scenario which is now turning into a fiasco, seems to have no desire to rectify the situation by mitigating the circumstances. In other words, he got the better side of the deal and is now putting his greed in front of any modicum of integrity.

I don't recall that thread at all, but it's crazy how it went from page one, Wolfguy was getting tuned up by a mod, to page 18 where everyone was like "Poor little guy, let's all send this guy money directly!"
LOL yep, knifehunts incident was ridiculous. 2.5 years went quick!

I agree with you absolutely! I think our deal was satisfactory. Here is message after receiving the knife:
"Hello, Just wanted to make sure everything on your end is OK as far as the trade goes. I received the Curtiss on Monday and I've been playing around with it. I like the knife and overall am satisfied, my only gripe is that it has just a little bit of lock rock if really forced, but not really an issue and I am considering reaching out to Dave to see about warranty work. But I wanted to make sure everything is satisfactory on your end. Thanks."

Maybe it's just me, but I'm quite certain that some other folks will most likely follow the same course of action! If I detect a whiff of wishy-washiness in my buyer (I don't do trades) for instance the buyer is being too passive / too timid but there an issue which can evolve into some form of a headache by way of buyer's remorse, I will respectfully yet without equivocation ask the buyer right there and then to make an absolute determination in form of a PM response, as to whether wishes to keep the knife or to return it for a full refund.

So no, I (or any reasonably minded patron on here) wouldn't want someone to hold onto a knife for days so to take his sweet time for a determination at my expense since I don't buy/sell knives as an enterprise when some risk taking is par for the course, but by the same token you decidedly avoided to clearly state what was disclosed to you by this knife's prior owner and decided on your own that the issue disclosed to you was a non-issue. Since you did not disclose based on your own determination and the fact that you did not nip this in the bud when you could have before it evolved, now you deserve the "accolades" which you have brought upon yourself.

OP: you must also shoulder some blame on here but the lion share of the blame goes to this Wolf character if you were unaware of what Shady had previously disclosed. That said, Shady did not disclose that it had a major lock-shift issue but he did state that there was such an issue. You need to be less tacit in your communication and more decisive before the remorse kicks in. You gave away too much for what you lusted after and that is surely on you. That is how I see things unless I am missing something big under this scenario.

I made the same mistake as the OP recently of being too passive on my 1st response to the seller(not Wolf) about problems. On hindsight I should been more direct and I think I might have gotten a better response. Though in both our cases it was a lack of disclosure that was the real problem.
Some sellers need to be pushed a bit to do the right thing and are not going to volunteer.

This thread + that old thread makes for some good popcorn reading is all I can say right now.

I have no "buyer's remorse." I agreed to the trade terms and I was fine with them if I received the knife that in the condition that it was described. I'm not a member here to make money or to win on trade values. I don't care. Value is not the issue here, with the exception of the knife I received is clearly less valuable with lock rock than with solid lock up. I'm just upset that I specifically asked about lockup, was told one thing, and received something different than described. Still wasn't that big of an issue, until I found out that the lock rock was a known issue and was disclosed to Wolfsnagel that way. Now I've been intentionally misled, or lied to. Which is not what I expect from this community. And when confronted about it, he blows me off and says my claim is baseless, even when I've provided evidence that he knew about the issue beforehand.

Wolfsnagel misrepresented the knife from the beginning having not disclosed an issue disclosed by the seller he bought it from.
There is no other way to look at this. Wolfsnagel failed to do the right thing, and be honest with a fellow member

Reactions: Mo2
I am not looking to get involved in this situation but after reading the linked thread of the original sale/trade of this knife by the original owner I am a bit confused. maybe someone could enlighten me on what lock rock is?. I always thought "Lockrock" was when there was up and down "slop" or movement of the blade because the two surfaces didn't "mate" precisely regardless of how engaged the lock is . I have had a liner lock do this and you can see and feel it . what seems to be described in the original sales thread by Shady was that the lock could be "moved" over into deeper engagement by putting pressure on the blade. but that lockup was solid regardless? I have had a few linerlocks back in the day even Spydercos and such where I could push the liner further into engagement if I opened the knife with more force or intentionally stuck my thumb in there and pushed it in deeper. Not talking huge movement but a little.

maybe I am reading the descriptions incorrectly and if so I apologize. just looking to get educated on this issue called lock rock for the future . though I don't see myself ever going for another liner lock :)

I hope the parties cab work this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back