• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Wolfsnagel - Gerasymenko Volodymir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Ban-Hammer be pulled off the shelf for shenanigans like this?

Interesting question and my my own opinion is that it would be a tough one! Most often the it comes to the Exchange malfeasances, the ban hammer comes down hard on those who have purposefully and maliciously defrauded a member after the accused is given plenty of fair chances to come in to defend himself against very egregious complaints that basically boil down to thievery!

In this case it seems that the accused listed a defective knife without disclosing a previously known issue that he not only did not fix prior to trading it, but he also according to the OP, he (Wolf) blatantly lied to the OP about this issue when asked as to whether such an issue had existed with this folder. Is this an egregious enough action to merit banishment? Well, it could very well have enough grounds for banishment according to most plus the attitude of this guy being so cavalier does not help his cause as a good and productive member, but I still think that it will be a tough call for the Supers on here to ban him over this. One thing for sure though, this guy Wolf is now on many folks' radars with obvious red flags and for sure he deserves and has earned this.

Just to update: I have not heard anything from Wolfsnagel outside of this thread since it was created, even though he has been active on the forums. His last message to me was the one where he stated that my claim is baseless. I've sent him 3 messages since then including the link to this thread and he has not responded to any of them.

I don't expect him to do the right thing. If I did, I wouldn't have created this thread. He had opportunity to make this right with me and all he did was get defensive and for some reason dug a deeper hole and lied even more. In fact in the post in which he informed me he received the knife from ShadyMethods, he said he paid $750 for it, but as you can see in ShadyMethods ad, it was listed for less than $625 and also states that it was traded. Not that it matters, just another lie for no apparent reason.

He even quoted the ad from ShadyMethods that states there is lockslip, but bolds the part about it not failing, like that somehow proves his point.

I don't know what it takes to get someone banned, but purposely misrepresenting a knife in a trade deal is against the rules....

Just to update: I have not heard anything from Wolfsnagel outside of this thread since it was created, even though he has been active on the forums. His last message to me was the one where he stated that my claim is baseless. I've sent him 3 messages since then including the link to this thread and he has not responded to any of them.

I don't expect him to do the right thing. If I did, I wouldn't have created this thread. He had opportunity to make this right with me and all he did was get defensive and for some reason dug a deeper hole and lied even more. In fact in the post in which he informed me he received the knife from ShadyMethods, he said he paid $750 for it, but as you can see in ShadyMethods ad, it was listed for less than $625 and also states that it was traded. Not that it matters, just another lie for no apparent reason.

He even quoted the ad from ShadyMethods that states there is lockslip, but bolds the part about it not failing, like that somehow proves his point.

I don't know what it takes to get someone banned, but purposely misrepresenting a knife in a trade deal is against the rules....

You trade profile is a lot more extensive than that of his and as to whether he will pay a heavy price for his blatant misleading of the folder's condition PLUS his atrocious handling of this complaint, rest assured that you will continue to make good/great connection whereas he will just flounder in one form or another.

If others happen to notice this Wolf character trying to sell or trade something on the Exchange, please alert any future interested party via a PM (do not cr*p in his WTS/T threads as that would be totally against the rules) that this character is a skeezy one with reference to this thread. I am quite sure that he will try to trade or sell out of some of those knives which he got from you in this trade. If I'm being out of line, tell me as to why?!

So far as the ignore list, I want to see as to who he will try to sell to and see his threads, so I will not be putting on ignore but fortunately I happen to have a really good memory :)

Heck, there are some folks on here who we've fought like cats and dogs in the past, but I still have exactly ZERO persons on ignore. The best retribution is to warn others of his shenanigans.

It appears the answer is "$625".
I could be wrong, but I think the OP would have been satisfied with an acknowledgment of the problem and some help with the shipping for warranty work-so maybe $15 to $30 and an apology.

I'll add-I think the OP has been very reasonable about the whole situation. From my view he just doesn't like feeling screwed on the deal or wish others in the future to be screwed.

Last edited:
Yikes bro. I'm sorry to say but you got took my friend.

The Zieba, in my book, is worth more in and of itself than the Curtis, especially considering the Curtis is one of the older models without the insert, choil, etc. Beyond that, it's the sterile version. Those can be had new for around $50 less than the Zieba. I'd value that Curtis at around $500 on the second hand market. Having added an additional $200 in other knives, you seriously got the short end here. For future reference...

With that being said, the fact that Wolf isn't in anyway willing to step up and make things right really speaks volumes for his character. Definitely ban material here.

Ive always been really wary of trading because of stuff like this. Seems a lot safer to sell your items and then use the money to purchase another knife. Im sorry things went down the way they did OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back