Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

Ebony and African Blackwood...

GEC-EbonyBlackwood001_zpskk1japeb.jpg

All I can say is WOW!

,,,Mike in Canada

so nice !!!

Thanks hamsco :)

Nice looking covers on those Ron !!! I am not familiar with where the wood came from for those since I am relatively new to GEC . Would you please enlighten me ????

Harry

Harry - Great Eastern made these 2 Vipers to sell at the 2015 Rendezvous! I was able to snag them both. I was so excited to have them I had a senior moment and forgot to ask which ships the wood came from. I may still try to find out from Christine. I think it is safe to say that they were made from some left over wood from some of Perry Richardson's knives. He has had GEC to build several different knives over the last few years. Each one coming from a different Fighting Ship.

Likin' the Ship Deck Wood Ron. :thumbup::thumbup::)

Thank you Rob.:)

How about a little Hen and Rooster olive wood today?

Heyyy, now that's right up my alley! Nice one! If I had to guess the maker, without looking at the stamp, I would bet it came out of the Queen factory. Do you have any more info on it?

Ship Deck Wood en Wednesday :D

26211926531_7ae55d76aa_b.jpg

So cool! Those are gorgeous, and I'm really smitten with them knowing that their handle covers are reclaimed wood from old ships. Think I'm feeling faint.... ;)
If you do find out which vessels gave up their decking for these knives, please let us know!! :thumbup:

So cool! Those are gorgeous, and I'm really smitten with them knowing that their handle covers are reclaimed wood from old ships. Think I'm feeling faint.... ;)
If you do find out which vessels gave up their decking for these knives, please let us know!! :thumbup:

puukkoman - Thank you and sorry for the late reply! :)

Back