Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

Mateo, that's a cool one! I dig it!

Mine today are the ever-present 47 in ebony, a not-very-fancy Laguiole in amourette (snakewood), and a Wadsworth jack with walnut covers.

Northfield 47 Viper - Snakewood
Viper009_zpstmuur8q5.jpg

For today's wooden wednesday I want to share with you a special type of spanish folding knife:
although at first sight it may look like a Taramundi, actually It's made some miles away from the village of Taramundi in another village called Santa Eulalia de Oscos. Once you look closely you begin to spot the differences the ferrule is brass and is worked and carved and also shorter than in the typical Taramundi, the handle may seem painted but actually is carved with gouges and then is submerged in a dense shellac and then sanded to reveal the pattern.
hope you like this piece of spanish tradition

That's a really neat-looking knife, and I really dig the blade profile. The giant bolsters on most Spanish folders also appeal to me, though this one is far more ornate and eye-catching.

You always have some great stuff, Mateo. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Radio Knife, today:

Since your post is disorientingly owl-free, I figured I'd help.

P9u7Dfe.jpg

Mine today are the ever-present 47 in ebony, a not-very-fancy Laguiole in amourette (snakewood), and a Wadsworth jack with walnut covers.

The grain on that Wadworth is fantastic! Really dig the way it looks. :thumbup:

Northfield 47 Viper - Snakewood

So, which one's nicer, the 47 in snakewood or the 85 in bloodwood? :D

Maher & Grosh Carpenter's Jack - 3 & 3/4" - Cocobolo...

Another fantastic old wooden jack with amazing grain and warmth. Everyone is really showing out for Wooden Wednesday!

Both of my WW knives today are on their maiden carries:

Queen City :D

21849398023_a49d053e45_b_d.jpg

Looking good, Ron. I'm curious, does the blade on yours seem thicker than it needs to be (particularly behind the edge)? I got that exact knife a while back, and while I really like the way it looks, the blade seems so thick behind the edge (compared to other traditionals) that I've had a tough time getting the edge I want on it. I've been thinking it might be a good candidate for a Krein regrind or something of the sort.

Back