1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Bad You guys ever deal with a situation like this?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Kinniku, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Kinniku

Kinniku Basic Member Basic Member

May 29, 2003
    I've been a member here since 2003, though I don't post much. Bought a fair amount of things here over the years, more than my current feedback indicates. In any case, I am at a loss for words at the moment, so just wanted to hear some opinions from what is largely a great group of people. I'll get right to the point:

• Found a knife posted for sale (in wrong sub-forum, but whatever), posted "I'll take it please", and sent a PM for confirmation. Standard fare.
    • Seller confirmed he will sell to me, sent his PayPal info, and I sent payment. Again, standard fare.
    • Later that day, he sent multiple PM conversations (i.e. new PM threads) saying he sent me the wrong e-mail address, wants my e-mail, and also wants me to call him.
    • I cancelled the transaction from my end (as that seemed easier), let him know I did so, and that the refund is in a pending state. I also mentioned that I'd prefer we keep the conversations to PMs, as I didn't think there was much else we needed to discuss on the phone. This all happened yesterday.
    • This morning he sends me another new PM conversation, asking me if we're still on. I replied saying that I still need my refund to clear before I can do or decide anything.
    • Tonight he sends me a rant that... I will just let you read for yourself (see attached image below). Just please keep in mind that what he claims to have offered never appeared in any of his previous messages. Also keep in mind that this all happened in a span of just over 24 hours. Even if you aren't sure whether or not anything I am saying is true - Does it warrant this kind of behavior THE FOLLOWING DAY?!? The second image shows the message history, and you can see by my name on the right, that I sent a reply to most of them. He replied to my initial PM, so it's not like he was incapable of seeing his mailbox.

I asked a Moderator to review the PM history, but he says those messages are private, and he can not view them. That is unfortunate, as that would have been a big help. So... what would you think if this happened to you? The knife wasn't something I absolutely had to have, so I am over it already (or at least after I finish this post). And to be honest... These days I have other things to worry about, and plenty to be thankful for. But if you read this far, I am genuinely interested in seeing if this ever happened to you guys. Appreciate your time, and be safe out there. - Ken

BF Issue 2020-03-29 02B cropped.png
    BF Issue 2020-03-29 01C labeled.png

JasonPaul and bikerector like this.
  2. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Get your refund and walk away slowly. Sometimes things just are meant to be, no harm no foul.

3. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I would have done pretty much as you and so by the time of receiving that final PM, I would have moved on - as @ndmiller has suggested and it seems you are doing. Oh well...

4. Burke

Burke Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Ken, anybody who uses your name that often Ken is either a salesman or an asshole, Ken.

5. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    This nonsense, from a brand new member, with zero feedback history? Then, he's the party who made the mistake by providing you with an incorrect email address to send the PP funds to, & then had the audacity to send you this insulting message??? And to think, that this transaction/communication just began yesterday afternoon & culminated with this his final response, this early evening? :thumbsup:

Like the other's here have stated, just move on. And thank you, for the heads up! :thumbsup:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-s35vn-blk-satin-blade.1720284/#post-19642869

BF Issue 2020-03-29 02B cropped.png

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  6. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
  7. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    The seller is unprofessional and does not understand how to show respect to members in a business transaction.

Khanvoy44 likes this.
  8. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    In any online transaction lack of response before the 24hr mark is not a lack of communication in my book when dealing online you should always allow 24hrs to respond. I concede most people access the internet and thus their means of communication well before hitting the 24th hour but a day is not unreasonable so I allow people that much time.

9. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Ken he did you the biggest favour by giving you the wrong PayPal address. Consider yourself lucky and move on.

Lone_Wolfe, BD_01, ArchVV and 5 others like this.
  10. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    OP, thanks for the thread and heads up. :thumbsup:

bonky and braillediver like this.
  11. John A Agatucci

John A Agatucci Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2019
    I am so sorry that Ken does not believe in communication. I felt it necessary to offer him every means of compensation due to initiating the problem. I was floored when he did not take my offer to ship the knife Mon. as if the problem had not even occurred and had it packed and ready to ship and included a nice TwoSun M390 slip joint knife with a value of $65 to ease the pain and frustration because I put myself in his shoes and knew how I would feel. When I received no response to that offer I had to assume that he no longer felt comfortable doing business with me but in spite of that offered to place the $150 not lost but on hold back into his account without any reservations or conditions, here take this $150 and pay me back when your money gets freed up . Honestly I do not know how I could have
    made him feel better as that seemed to be his big concern. From that offer I received not a single response, not a F**K off,nor a no thank you or lets agree to do this or that, not a word.Really people, Ken needs to own up to his inability to communicate as I would have done anything to make him whole again and furthermore I have sold more knives (275) and firearms (150) with a 100% customer satisfaction so beg my pardon if I don't stand up to the scrutiny of the above members who
    for feel so bold as to criticize my methods of trying to make poor, poor Ken whole again. Read the entire text if you are going to pas judgment and Ken you are a man of few word that in trying to rectify a problem that seemed so horrific to you that you were unable to udder a word of acceptance or decline to the many offers I made.
    John A Agatucci

12. braillediver

braillediver Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2007
    You've done a public service Ken- Thank You.

You dodged a bullet on this one. IMHO The guy was gonna rob you and got pissed when you didn't let it happen.

The only thing lacking is the Sellers name in the title. His response above me speaks volumes and people should know his name so they can avoid dealing with him.

As I said- Thank You.

13. CoryMc

CoryMc

Sep 3, 2016
    08CC71BA-5794-4A64-9A19-EB09132197E1.jpeg Udder?

14. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    My man, the main issue is that you sent this lengthy, ridiculous message in such a short amount of time without giving Ken a single chance to respond. You need to calm down.

15. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    ^ Seriously, John?

Coming from a brand new member, with zero established history here in the Knife Exchange sub-forum; lecturing a 17 year member with impeccable unblemished feedback, with this type of condescension on how he should conduct himself? Did it ever occur to you, John, that perhaps the OP may have a family, or like just about like everyone else, is dealing with many of the same issues that this Federal Gov't National State of Emergency/shut down has created?
    His funds were tied up, due to your mistake, John- he told you this! You just lacked the patience, John, to give this situation, & Ken, the extra time needed for PayPal to rectify your mistake. You gave him a day and a half, John before you freaked out, and sent him that very insulting, unwarranted message. FYI: nobody that I know on this forum, would sit back & take this type of needless B.S.! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Perhaps you may want to take a step back, do a little introspection, & offer the OP an apology. Then spend a little time & observe how the sales forum, & the member's in that sub-forum, interact, most often, on a professional level.

Your abrasive, aggressive style may work for you on eBay or that Gun forum, but I would suggest that perhaps you may want to re-evaluate your approach, here.

Good luck, John. :thumbsup:

Fullflat, Burke, Crazy Canuck and 8 others like this.
  16. Lance Leon

Lance Leon Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    The issue here was that John assumed Ken was rushing to get his money back, expected any additional payment (temporary refund? I don't quite get it) or knives. OP said he would wait till the refund went through to send the payment to the correct Paypal account. The seller's magnification of an otherwise run of the mill issue, and his resultant panic/impatience caused this whole drama.

Lone_Wolfe and Pete1977 like this.
  17. John A Agatucci

Jan 23, 2019
    By any chance a proctologist? Not being privy to the entire incident
    kind of hamstrings your judgement doesn't it? Oh excuse me, DR.,
    could you be a bit more pompous.***Take note Dr., Ken did response
    and was distraught about the fact that his money was being tied up.
    That is when I offered to send him $150 to lessen his anguish that I
    Felt responsible for and still not even a no thanks. Are you able to follow
    this Dr., should I break it down further. You don't have all the facts.

18. John A Agatucci

Jan 23, 2019

19. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    You know that dude's not a real Dr right?

20. John A Agatucci

Jan 23, 2019
    Just another person who doesn't have the facts. I did not assume. Ken clearly voiced he was distraught, hence my offer to lessen that by asking if I couldn't replace his funds until the were available. Now go read some
    more Psychology Today