• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad You guys ever deal with a situation like this?

Just another person who doesn't have the facts. I did not assume. Ken clearly voiced he was distraught, hence my offer to lessen that by asking if I couldn't replace his funds until the were available. Now go read some
more Psychology Today
In regards to the comment by Lance Leon

Just another person who doesn't have the facts. I did not assume. Ken clearly voiced he was distraught, hence my offer to lessen that by asking if I couldn't replace his funds until the were available. Now go read some
more Psychology Today
3 years studying Psychology (Today) well spent.

And if we don't have all the facts...why don't you provide us with some screenshots?

anigif_sub-buzz-423-1561393794-1.gif

I think that Ken did what most of us would do when finding out that we were given the wrong PayPal address. Wait for the money to be returned, then consider trying to continue with the transaction a second time. I like to control my money in a systematic way, and so do many other buyers.

I am so sorry that Ken does not believe in communication. I felt it necessary to offer him every means of compensation due to initiating the problem. I was floored when he did not take my offer to ship the knife Mon. as if the problem had not even occurred and had it packed and ready to ship and included a nice TwoSun M390 slip joint knife with a value of $65 to ease the pain and frustration because I put myself in his shoes and knew how I would feel. When I received no response to that offer I had to assume that he no longer felt comfortable doing business with me but in spite of that offered to place the $150 not lost but on hold back into his account without any reservations or conditions, here take this $150 and pay me back when your money gets freed up . Honestly I do not know how I could have
made him feel better as that seemed to be his big concern. From that offer I received not a single response, not a F**K off,nor a no thank you or lets agree to do this or that, not a word.Really people, Ken needs to own up to his inability to communicate as I would have done anything to make him whole again and furthermore I have sold more knives (275) and firearms (150) with a 100% customer satisfaction so beg my pardon if I don't stand up to the scrutiny of the above members who
for feel so bold as to criticize my methods of trying to make poor, poor Ken whole again. Read the entire text if you are going to pas judgment and Ken you are a man of few word that in trying to rectify a problem that seemed so horrific to you that you were unable to udder a word of acceptance or decline to the many offers I made.
John A Agatucci

Here’s what you’ve got to understand John, this is purely from a third person perspective.
You’re new to BF, your other dealings on other forums doesn’t count here. In your eagerness to make things right, you actually gave the impression that you are a scammer. Here’s why. In the past, scum of the earth scammers would hack into someone’s PP account, send money to someone until their account is refunded, then get “their money” back. By the time the account that was hacked was made right, the scammer was long gone. PP took money from the the person’s account that was scammed and put it back into the person’s account that got hacked. In the end, it was the person that accepted the generous offer that got screwed.
There’s a lot of threads in this forum that have warned the community of people’s wrong doings, even a few stickies. So, don’t be surprised or floored if someone doesn’t respond right away over a mistake. Sometimes it’s better to wait things out and see how everything falls in place. This isn’t a fast paced community, so don’t expect everyone to jump right away. It just doesn’t work like that.
Maybe Ken was being a little cautious, typically people don’t offer compensation when they screw up, because that raises red flags for some, they will go to PM’s and try to work it out. It’s the person that screwed up who is at the mercy of the other party.
Try to understand how this situation looks from an unbiased view and you’ll see why the responses are like they are. Getting your panties in a wad and replying to posts in an asinine way only makes the situation worse.

I am so sorry that Ken does not believe in communication. I felt it necessary to offer him every means of compensation due to initiating the problem. I was floored when he did not take my offer to ship the knife Mon. as if the problem had not even occurred and had it packed and ready to ship and included a nice TwoSun M390 slip joint knife with a value of $65 to ease the pain and frustration because I put myself in his shoes and knew how I would feel. When I received no response to that offer I had to assume that he no longer felt comfortable doing business with me but in spite of that offered to place the $150 not lost but on hold back into his account without any reservations or conditions, here take this $150 and pay me back when your money gets freed up . Honestly I do not know how I could have
made him feel better as that seemed to be his big concern. From that offer I received not a single response, not a F**K off,nor a no thank you or lets agree to do this or that, not a word.Really people, Ken needs to own up to his inability to communicate as I would have done anything to make him whole again and furthermore I have sold more knives (275) and firearms (150) with a 100% customer satisfaction so beg my pardon if I don't stand up to the scrutiny of the above members who
for feel so bold as to criticize my methods of trying to make poor, poor Ken whole again. Read the entire text if you are going to pas judgment and Ken you are a man of few word that in trying to rectify a problem that seemed so horrific to you that you were unable to udder a word of acceptance or decline to the many offers I made.
John A Agatucci

Caution!!!!
Very deep hole being dug.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh...

I got a real snarky message from him yesterday. Then I saw he'd only just joined, 10 comments, and I thought to myself, "I bet this guy doesn't last the week."

I won a bet with myself!

Just for your own entertainment, I forgot to put a note on my For Sale post saying, "Sale pending." This was Dr John's message to me:

"Would be nice if you noted that the Neutron was sold before I do the work of studying it for specs and such to come back to buy it and drop down to find a sale in progress. Are the words SOLD, SALE PENDING not in your vocabulary, show a little courtesy will, it aint that difficult. Note it next to the description so if I do a glance I can see it's sold and move on. Act professional will ya?"

This was my reply:

"Hey John. Thanks for the bitchy message about courtesy. You're absolutely right, forgetting to append my post was grossly unprofessional. I've also added in the steel type so that you don't have to do as much research.

Cheers."

Yeeeeaaaahhhh...

I got a real snarky message from him yesterday. Then I saw he'd only just joined, 10 comments, and I thought to myself, "I bet this guy doesn't last the week."

I won a bet with myself!

Just for your own entertainment, I forgot to put a note on my For Sale post saying, "Sale pending." This was Dr John's message to me:

"Would be nice if you noted that the Neutron was sold before I do the work of studying it for specs and such to come back to buy it and drop down to find a sale in progress. Are the words SOLD, SALE PENDING not in your vocabulary, show a little courtesy will, it aint that difficult. Note it next to the description so if I do a glance I can see it's sold and move on. Act professional will ya?"

This was my reply:

"Hey John. Thanks for the bitchy message about courtesy. You're absolutely right, forgetting to append my post was grossly unprofessional. I've also added in the steel type so that you don't have to do as much research.

Cheers."

I don't see longevity here at Bladeforums for John, if this is the kind of behavior we can expect

This guy John sounds like the sort of guy who absolutely loses his mind whenever someone pulls out into his lane a little ahead and does like five under the speed limit and he can't get around, so he's just stuck there, screaming incoherently and banging his fist on his steering wheel until his airbag goes off in his face.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh...

I won a bet with myself!

This was my reply:

Cheers."

Heh, you were much more polite than I would have been. This guy John needs to take his poor communication, anger management, and patience issues and eff off to somewhere else.

This guy John sounds like the sort of guy who absolutely loses his mind whenever someone pulls out into his lane a little ahead and does like five under the speed limit and he can't get around, so he's just stuck there, screaming incoherently and banging his fist on his steering wheel until his airbag goes off in his face.
I laughed so hard at this that I woke up my cat and my wife.

Pesonally, Id like to read the whole conversation. For enjoyment purposes...

John, vouches arent in the BF dictionary, and snarky, downright rude PM’s are absolutely unnecessary.
You complained that it was too long of a wait for you to wait for a guy to get a refund on a wrong email you sent, then you tried to get someone to put a blade on “hold” while you tried to take time to research the specs? Double standard?

Seriously, getting sick of peoples entitlement.
Have a little patience and courtesy.

What's considered "new" for a member? It shows John has been on for over a year, though his post count is pretty low, as is his feedback. I would assume he reads more than writes.

Seems like there was too much talking involved in this transaction when patience was called for, and I'm normally a person that thinks there's no such thing as too much communication. I guess the "right communication" might be a more accurate statement.

As long as everyone has their money then I see this as a good time to walk away on both sides. Trying to force a transaction that's not meant to be seems silly, and even more silly to hastily be rude to another member. This reads like English isn't John's first language, maybe that's part of the problem.

For the OP, perfectly acceptable to walk away from a transaction that doesn't feel right and a bad PP email seems like a pretty big mistake when it's followed up with the copied message. A bad PP email is a big red flag on its own, trying to push the transaction through before the refund has processed would have absolutely killed it for me as well, simply from a hassle standpoint. I'm young but the instant gratification thing hasn't dominated my roots so waiting for things to work themselves out would have been my course of action as well. Good job OP.

John, best I can say for what you've shared so far is to relax a little and don't take yourself too seriously.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh...

I won a bet with myself!

^^^ YGTBFKM!!!

By any chance a proctologist? Not being privy to the entire incident
kind of hamstrings your judgement doesn't it? Oh excuse me, DR.,
could you be a bit more pompous.***Take note Dr., Ken did response
and was distraught about the fact that his money was being tied up.

^^^
Dear John,
It's over.

Sincerely, John

Back