1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Bad You guys ever deal with a situation like this?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Kinniku, Mar 29, 2020.

1. John A Agatucci

John A Agatucci Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2019
    In regards to the comment by Lance Leon

2. Lance Leon

Lance Leon Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    3 years studying Psychology (Today) well spent.

And if we don't have all the facts...why don't you provide us with some screenshots?

Fullflat and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  3. Sergeua

Sergeua

May 1, 2016
  4. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    You should probably not buy another year's worth of gold membership under this name. You've kind of burnt this one. At least for anybody that searches for your name and finds this thread.

Fullflat, Lone_Wolfe, BD_01 and 4 others like this.
  5. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I think that Ken did what most of us would do when finding out that we were given the wrong PayPal address. Wait for the money to be returned, then consider trying to continue with the transaction a second time. I like to control my money in a systematic way, and so do many other buyers.

Fullflat, Lone_Wolfe, Jsega51 and 8 others like this.
  6. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    My secret's out.

But yeah, you need to chill John. You're digging a hole right now, but it isnt too deep to get out of yet.

Fullflat, Lone_Wolfe and Danke42 like this.
  7. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013

Here’s what you’ve got to understand John, this is purely from a third person perspective.
    You’re new to BF, your other dealings on other forums doesn’t count here. In your eagerness to make things right, you actually gave the impression that you are a scammer. Here’s why. In the past, scum of the earth scammers would hack into someone’s PP account, send money to someone until their account is refunded, then get “their money” back. By the time the account that was hacked was made right, the scammer was long gone. PP took money from the the person’s account that was scammed and put it back into the person’s account that got hacked. In the end, it was the person that accepted the generous offer that got screwed.
    There’s a lot of threads in this forum that have warned the community of people’s wrong doings, even a few stickies. So, don’t be surprised or floored if someone doesn’t respond right away over a mistake. Sometimes it’s better to wait things out and see how everything falls in place. This isn’t a fast paced community, so don’t expect everyone to jump right away. It just doesn’t work like that.
    Maybe Ken was being a little cautious, typically people don’t offer compensation when they screw up, because that raises red flags for some, they will go to PM’s and try to work it out. It’s the person that screwed up who is at the mercy of the other party.
    Try to understand how this situation looks from an unbiased view and you’ll see why the responses are like they are. Getting your panties in a wad and replying to posts in an asinine way only makes the situation worse.

8. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Caution!!!!
    Very deep hole being dug.

Fullflat, Nate Perkins, BD_01 and 6 others like this.
  9. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    @Kinniku Thank you for the heads up on this guy.

I thought his ad was odd (and obviously in the wrong section, not a good way to start). It always sets off red flags for me when someone quotes all their feedback from other places, kind of like the vouches thing.

Fullflat, Nate Perkins, BD_01 and 6 others like this.
  10. Barrettboy

Barrettboy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Yeeeeaaaahhhh...

I got a real snarky message from him yesterday. Then I saw he'd only just joined, 10 comments, and I thought to myself, "I bet this guy doesn't last the week."

I won a bet with myself!

Just for your own entertainment, I forgot to put a note on my For Sale post saying, "Sale pending." This was Dr John's message to me:

"Would be nice if you noted that the Neutron was sold before I do the work of studying it for specs and such to come back to buy it and drop down to find a sale in progress. Are the words SOLD, SALE PENDING not in your vocabulary, show a little courtesy will, it aint that difficult. Note it next to the description so if I do a glance I can see it's sold and move on. Act professional will ya?"

This was my reply:

"Hey John. Thanks for the bitchy message about courtesy. You're absolutely right, forgetting to append my post was grossly unprofessional. I've also added in the steel type so that you don't have to do as much research.

Cheers."

11. Barrettboy

Oct 20, 2016
    AHAHAHAHA!!!

Nate Perkins likes this.
  12. TOMBSTONE

TOMBSTONE Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 1998
    I don't see longevity here at Bladeforums for John, if this is the kind of behavior we can expect

Nate Perkins and Pete1977 like this.
  13. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Bye Felicia!

Fullflat and BD_01 like this.
  14. AR-Trvlr

AR-Trvlr Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I love these threads. They give me a quick way to add to my ignore list...

JasonPaul, BD_01, on_the_edge and 3 others like this.
  15. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Gold Member

Oct 11, 2013
    This guy John sounds like the sort of guy who absolutely loses his mind whenever someone pulls out into his lane a little ahead and does like five under the speed limit and he can't get around, so he's just stuck there, screaming incoherently and banging his fist on his steering wheel until his airbag goes off in his face.

V-1, SlideRacker, onekerf and 21 others like this.
  16. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Gold Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Heh, you were much more polite than I would have been. This guy John needs to take his poor communication, anger management, and patience issues and eff off to somewhere else.

Nate Perkins and Murphjd25 like this.
  17. Barrettboy

Oct 20, 2016
    I laughed so hard at this that I woke up my cat and my wife.

Sharp & Fiery and Quiet like this.
  18. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Pesonally, Id like to read the whole conversation. For enjoyment purposes...

John, vouches arent in the BF dictionary, and snarky, downright rude PM’s are absolutely unnecessary.
    You complained that it was too long of a wait for you to wait for a guy to get a refund on a wrong email you sent, then you tried to get someone to put a blade on “hold” while you tried to take time to research the specs? Double standard?

Seriously, getting sick of peoples entitlement.
    Have a little patience and courtesy.

Fullflat, BD_01, ArchVV and 5 others like this.
  19. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    What's considered "new" for a member? It shows John has been on for over a year, though his post count is pretty low, as is his feedback. I would assume he reads more than writes.

Seems like there was too much talking involved in this transaction when patience was called for, and I'm normally a person that thinks there's no such thing as too much communication. I guess the "right communication" might be a more accurate statement.

As long as everyone has their money then I see this as a good time to walk away on both sides. Trying to force a transaction that's not meant to be seems silly, and even more silly to hastily be rude to another member. This reads like English isn't John's first language, maybe that's part of the problem.

For the OP, perfectly acceptable to walk away from a transaction that doesn't feel right and a bad PP email seems like a pretty big mistake when it's followed up with the copied message. A bad PP email is a big red flag on its own, trying to push the transaction through before the refund has processed would have absolutely killed it for me as well, simply from a hassle standpoint. I'm young but the instant gratification thing hasn't dominated my roots so waiting for things to work themselves out would have been my course of action as well. Good job OP.

John, best I can say for what you've shared so far is to relax a little and don't take yourself too seriously.

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  20. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    ^^^ YGTBFKM!!!

^^^
    Dear John,
    It's over.

Sincerely, John

Nate Perkins likes this.