1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Bad You guys ever deal with a situation like this?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Kinniku, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig

Feb 29, 2008
    While the bad PP address could be corrected by calling PP, that isn't the way the OP chose to handle it. Once that decision was made it is not unreasonable and possibly necessary to wait for the refund. All offers after that were just that offers and it is at the OP's discretion to accept or reject. Without other knowledge, I will give John the benefit of the doubt that this was not a scam, just a deal that didn't come together and best for both parties to move on.

2. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Hey Peter, hope all is well and you are healthy. :)

If it was you, would you have given John the benefit of the doubt and sent more money to the right address?
    Or just giving him the benefit of the doubt after the fact?

Quiet likes this.
  3. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig

Feb 29, 2008
    1st decision would be how much I wanted the item and how much effort I was willing to put into it
    If I really wanted it I would call PP and explain the address error and hopefully it would get resolved there.
    I would not send out more money, without being credited for the 1st-so it would be the original payment getting to John or wait on a refund and go from there.

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  4. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Totally understandable. I assumed something different when I first read your post...and we all know what “assuming” can turn into. Better to ask for clarification. :)
    Thank you for the polite response.

5. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    This is a prime example of GB&U working at peak efficiency, thanks @Kinniku

6. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    If it did happen to me I'd run for the hills!!

7. Pete1977

Pete1977

Apr 15, 2002
    It looks like @Kinniku and @Barrettboy both dodged bullets dealing with this guy. And many ignore lists got one more addition.

BD_01 likes this.
  8. Pete1977

Pete1977

Apr 15, 2002
    @Kinniku
    I would put this guy’s user name in the title so that others can beware of dealing with him and safe themselves the headache of his arrogant entitlement that comes with dealing with @John A Agatucci.

Nate Perkins and BD_01 like this.
  9. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Wow! I would have already been on alert with no feedback. At the slightest sign of danger I would have bailed too.

Nate Perkins likes this.
  10. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    And now @John A Agatucci has limited who can view his profile. That is an automatic "do not deal with" of people I don't know on the exchange. If his behavior as displayed and outlined in this thread has not excluded him from all future deals, that last action has.

mb>, Fullflat, Nate Perkins and 6 others like this.
  11. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    I think he had that locked from the word go. Couldn't even go find the sales post when this started.

Quiet likes this.
  12. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Hmm. I thought I had went and looked at his profile when this started. Kind of odd to have your profile locked and be active on the exchange. A user trying to hide their information and trying to engage in transactions is a huge red flag.

Either way, oh well. I doubt anyone who reads this will want to deal with him and I hope no one who tries to look at his profile, finds it blocked, still thinks it is a good idea to conduct business with him.

13. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    No kidding. That's about the first thing I do when I see an interesting ad is see what other posts the person has.

Fullflat, Quiet, r8shell and 2 others like this.
  14. JasonPaul

JasonPaul Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Wow. I've never had anyone I transacted with act like a crazy ex girlfriend. This guy has way too much time on his hands to overthink things. Thanks for the warning, John's being added to ignore.

15. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    As soon as I read the first posts in this thread I thought:

“I bet the seller will claim he has lots of “vouches””.

that always makes me laugh. Hahaha.

Nate Perkins and craytab like this.