Your EDC and INTERESTING REASONS THEY ARE YOUR CHOICES?)?

My "work hours" EDC is a CRK Mnandi with African Blackwood inlays. It's appearance is very non-threatening but it can cut almost as well as my small Sebbie. Also, the clip, which looks like an ink pen clip, allows it to ride very low in my pocket.

that CRK is beautiful (listed just before this entry is). I am so glad to see your answers as so many of your knives are new to me, and I am not a knewbie.

KBR - your concise description of values and usage of your choices were standouts - nice writing!

This is what great about a forum like this - you folks have great insights and thoughts that are great lessons for others; and to understand your REASONs of why you purchase and carry as ecd makes this a great thread - thanks folks! keep them coming!

:p :p

I carry a Spyderco Military because of the way it rides in my pocket and I like the G-10 material and blade steel. I also carry a Victorinox swisstool RS in a custom made sheath from Dix Leatherworks. I am huge SAK fan, but I wanted a Multitool. The Swisstool is big and each blade locks independently.

If I dress up, I take a Leatherman Micra in my left front pocket so I always have something to open up beer bottles!!

I also carry other non-knife EDC, like a red photon 2 connected to a FOX 40 mini, a bic lighter and a tube of Blistex!

Garrett

almar nomad-has already been said: fit, finish, feel and the size is right more times than not,victorinox ranger(any victorinox imho pound for dollar spent is best there is) and amphibian fits MY hand perfect, the quality and i dont have any thoughts about lock failure this will change and look forward to having new opinions. agree with what was said earlier: there are some awesome knives being used for edc

Spyderco Military plain edge, CPM S30V, G10, $60 NIB all day long on the Bay. Tuff to beat that package at that price.

During 2 years that was a spyderco Military but i change this month for a Emerson Commander (I hope not to regret it):p

Work days one of the three pictured below, all fit in well in an extremely liberal and PC office environment and will handle any of the chores I am likely to perform there with a knife. On weekends, either my latest "non-PC" acquisition, currently a Spyderco Persian, or my Spyderco Native. The Native gets the nod because it's sturdy enough for anything I'll ever do with a knife, comfortable to use, and easily replaced if lost.

bonenstone.jpg

Brownies comments about getting stuck in elevators struck a chord a couple weeks back, but rather than spending serious money on an Extrema, I now pack a small $6.00 Stanley pry bar in my shoulder bag.:D

What a wonderfully worked knife - way more knife that the price would indicate. The fit and finish on this is better than a lot of customs I have held - by far. I love this knife.

Part of me wants to rotate it with my Native but it is so nice I don't only want to look and hold it - although I know this is a knife I could rely on anytime! Sound familiar Deacon?
Love the looks, Love the blade shape and material! Love the workmanship - this is heirloom quality and style folks!!

JRuddy - why the change in knives? Both are great but I am curious as many readers will be - what is it that caused the change? Tell us what you think about each knife?

What are the knife laws, nationally and locally, like in France??:rolleyes:

My favorite EDC is by far the Almar SERE 2000. This knife is an absolute beast. It has done every thing i have asked of and more. I do tree and nursery work for the past 4 seasons and the SERE has seen endless work cutting rope, plastic, wood, tree and shrub roots. In my opion it is the best folder out there.

Buddylee

I have a few EDC's. My favorite is my Mnandi. It never leaves my side and is only noticed when needed due to the slim design. The materials are perfect (Ti, S30V and African Blackwood) along with the well designed pocket clip. It either rides IWB or in my front pocket. I also carry a Lochsa when not at work for similar reasons.

One of my other favorite EDC's is my E1. This light is with me almost all the time. Very bright for such a small package. It only leaves my side when I need the E2. Both of these have the HA finish which I highly recommend.

I also carry Burt's Bee's lip balm, Literine pocket pak and an Atwood mini pry bar because all of these that I have been able to find to meet all my needs.

Great thread!! I always love to read these posts as most of my purchases have come from others recomendations.

Today I'm carrying a Lefthanded large TNT. I'm carrying this as a Voodoo charm to ward off evil thoughts from the deranged mind of it's maker.:D Who is a goofy foot.:rolleyes: and my Crowfoot wanted a vacation.

Mike

I carry one of my own linerlocks most of the time if I not working and don't need a knife for hard use. Its got a thinly ground 3" O1 blade that takes a wicked edge. Filework, cocobolo scales, and aluminum bolsters make for almost no bad comments from sheeple.

It also worked exceptionally well at cutting a newborn foal out of its placenta/amniotic sac.Little fella's head was the only thing that poked through when his mamma dropped him, an he was having a heck of a time standing up!

Hey, you said interesting ;) And YES I did wash the knife afterwards :D

At work a Strider MT or BT and off duty a Strider MFS because all 3 are almost indestructable.

My EDC has been changing a little lately. I was carrying my Benchmade 705 Forum Knife exclusively, but lately I have had a slipjoint craving, so I have been switching between my Forum Knife and a very old Henkels large stockman that was given to me by a very good friend. I'm sort of getting tired of the tactical knife thing and I am starting to look at more and more slipjoints recently. I like the 705 for its size and comfort in my hand. It is a overbuilt little knife and the Forum knife comes with carbon fiber handles and a M-2 blade that takes a great edge!

Originally posted by mumbleypeg
Today I'm carrying a Lefthanded large TNT. I'm carrying this as a Voodoo charm to ward off evil thoughts from the deranged mind of it's maker.:D Who is a goofy foot.:rolleyes: and my Crowfoot wanted a vacation.

Mike

Tom stands opposite what he should? I was goofy foot when I used to skateboard many, many, many, many years ago. Goofy Foot Rules! I know that Tom is a surfer, but skateboarders took some of their terms from the surfers. :D

My "work hours" EDC is a CRK Mnandi with African Blackwood inlays. It's appearance is very non-threatening but it can cut almost as well as my small Sebbie. Also, the clip, which looks like an ink pen clip, allows it to ride very low in my pocket.
Ditto. I even have the same African Blackwood inlays :D but I don't have the small Sebbie. I used to carry a Spyderco SS Dragonfly, but changed jobs to a less "knife friendly" work place and the consensus was that the Mnandi was more "normal" looking.

Next year, when I get a Lochsa, I may carry it instead. Anybody put a Mnandi clip on a Lochsa? :D ;)

EDC knives that I carry alternate between these few:

One of my fav's is my Spyderco Time Wegner PE. The ATS-34 is easy to sharpen, and the blade shape is perfect from skinning different game to many other different tasks. The G-10 handle feels great, and doesn't slip in my hand when covered in blood or when it gets wet. Also it is large enough for self defense, easy to deploy, and solid lockup.

The other is my Emerson CQC7. This is a tough knife. I use this when working around the ranch, and I'm not scared to use/abuse it. Emerson has re-sharpened it for me once, and the edge was good as new.

Last, but not least is my Rob Simonich Bitteroot. This knife is small, but that doesn't hurt it one bit. Very sharp, and handy for small jobs. Its so light that you forget it is around your neck most of the time. Also, this awesome little knife was made by a great man that I have much respect for.

I mainly carry the SAK Farmer as EDC nowadays. It's got a great sturdy main blade, stellar walk and talk, extra tools, and that SAK 'je ne sais quoi'. Plus it fits nicely in a pocket and is as PC as it gets...

My other EDC is the Allen Blade Pack Pal. It's very simple, yet sturdy, sharp and unobtrusive.

One of my favorite EDC's is this one by Fred Perrin. Well actually he had some made in a french factory to his specs 'cause he couldn't meet the demand.

getpicture.php

getpicture.php

I like it 'cause of the design and size but mainly 'cause it's good old 440C good to sharpen and won't rust (I find that important in a necker). It's also easy to clean after a days work and it fits my hand like a glove.

Why? Because I like a fixed blade EDC and this little knife fits the bill due to its size and handy sheath it sits on my belt and doesn't draw attention or I can slip it into my pocket. The super-sharp 2" blade holds its edge and I only have to give it a couple of swipes on a smooth steel. It does everything I want it to such as opening boxes cutting rope and string and I use it on my leather work.

I also carry my own JDEE BUSH BABY from time to time for the same reasons as above plus I can whip it out in the shop or at markets/shows and say "this is what I make".

Back