Your Favorite Emerson Model

Hellow Fellow Forumites,

As I browse through Emersons catalog I always try to picture how comfortable a grip may be and how much I like the blade shape, for me up until this point I have owned; multiple 7's, Roadhouse, Mini-7, Specwar, Cqc-12, Commander, 4 Jungle Commanders, Super Commander, Ubr Commander, 3 Cqc-8's, Specwar-B, Mini-15, Journeyman, and maybe a few other I'm forgetting.

Bottom line out of the ones I have tried the commander series is what does it for me. As far as comfort, connection, and sense of security go it is second to none. It cuts like a machine and is ready to go in mere seconds via the wave.

For this thread I would like to hear input from all of you on your favorite Emersons and how it came to be.

Before I was a true fan of Emerson knives I bought a CQC-15 to see if a recurve blade was something I could like. Turns out I really got into recurve blades and started looking at the Commander line. I was able to score a 2011 Super Commander from a fellow member on the exchange. That was it. I knew that even though I would buy other knives the Commander series would always be my favorite. The handle ergos, deep recurve with huge belly, and the history behind the design make it my favorite Emerson.

Great idea for a thread. The CQC 13 is in my top 2--I just love the aggressive clip point, and the ergos seem to just wrap around my hand. Other than the 13, the Ubr Commander is just such a beast, it's difficult to beat. They both slice really well in the kitchen and around the BBQ; I hope to get to the mountains soon and put them to use for hiking/ outdoors type tasks soon.

I like all of my Emersons, but the one that gets carried most is one of my A-100 models. I like the clean, simple lines and functional blade shape for EDC tasks.

Definitely CQC-13 ! :)
I have used for several years in the service of a bayonet AK-74, so bowie style closest to me.
"Comrade" seemed easier, and the 13th is what we need ;)

I go back & forth between my Patriots and my CQC-7v.

My CQC-11's are hard to beat also.

~John

HD7 with the Commander close behind.
For me, the HD7 is the perfect EDC.
rolf

CQC-6... in my dreams :(

I am southpaw when I bought my Emerson was limited to two choices of a True Left Handed Model, the CQC-7-BW, or Commander-BW, my only option was with or with out Serrations. I choose the "Seven" in the end because it just felt best in my hand. Kept picking up both knive at the local dealer. This dealer also sell the most awesome razor blade that fit my old double edge razor,. I really like the Mini-15, and hope someday they do it in a Southpaw Model.

I like all of my Emersons, but the one that gets carried most is one of my A-100 models. I like the clean, simple lines and functional blade shape for EDC tasks.

I too like the A-100. The Horseman was my favorite but I always come back to the A100. The Horseman would be my 2nd and the CQC-13 (haven't handled one yet)
would be my 3rd.

Man that's tough. If I thought too hard about it I'd have to say all of them.

Sentimental reasons: the 13. Was carried and used by a great friend of mine and given to me by him not too long ago.

Carry reasons: the El Bandito. It's fairly compact, light weight, and sharp as hell. Great edc.

Sentimental/Cool factor: Persian. Another gift from the same friend and my grail Emerson.

Hell, the super commander is up there too, ANOTHER gift SAME FRIEND!!:D

Ok I can't pick man, I'm throwing the Gypsy Jack in too as a favorite.

CQC-7A for me. Handle is the perfect size and blade is long enough without being too big and I like the spear point better than the tanto. Journeyman would be my favorite if the handle was slightly smaller.

That's a tough decision to make. At the moment it's a toss up between the mini Roadhouse and a standard size 7.

Lots of commander love around these parts ehh... I dig it..

I feel we should decorate this thread a bit with some shots of our favorite Emerson among other favorite things.

I'll try to snap some shots after work and upload them

Well, since you started the thread and are asking for pictures, I'll throw a couple in. I think these have probably been posted here somewhere already.

Love the 7s and mini Roadhouses!

IMG_20140922_172554_zps62acb11a.jpg

Back