1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    I'm drooling

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    That IS after clean-up, though the interior was in pretty good shape.

Currently I have #s 3, 6, 2x8, 9. The extra 8 is at the cabin, and maybe this 9 will join it. They are great on both electric and induction cook tops. I can only imagine on a gas range... I haven't lived with a gas range in a decade, and these are all acquired since then.

3. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    I stumbled onto my first vintage iron a couple of months ago, my introduction to the stuff being Lodge and an extremely rough Emeril pan. I was so excited to find the legendary Griswold that after I bought that first No. 8, I went back and bought the rest. I now have Nos. 3, 6, 7, and two 8s. I think I may have been a bit hasty, the only ones I use are that first pan and the No. 3...lol.

4. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I'm happy to have picked up an example of Schrade's interpretation of my favorite pattern:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This 863 has a couple of minor spots on the blades but has its factory edges and appears to be unused.

5. mikepapa1

mikepapa1

Jun 8, 2013
  6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Cool! I didn't know they made those!

7. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    I too followed the same path by picking a GEC that is easy to pick up and still inexpensive. I ended up with an ebony crown lifter. Nice clean look, easy main blade pull, and the utility of the lifter is going to great. Since it just showed up today it has already migrated right into my pocket.

8. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Nice! I can't afford all of the covers, but if I could, the Ebony would be next. And then the Nifebrite, because I love nifebrite too. Lift a few crowns!
    Dave

9. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    A new Office Knife and an older Office Knife. Thanks Rob (Crossdraw).

[​IMG]

10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    This was the newest..until this evening when 2 Winchester Black Boxes arrived:D But no time to film them, yet.;)

Clerk in Muslin Micarta

Let's try this image...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  11. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    These 2 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Harry

12. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    That Boker is real special.

13. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    Old Engineer,
    Those are beautiful knives. Great taste.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    WOW Harry!!! BEAUTIFUL Boker but man that Taylor is drop dead gorgeous to me!!! Please post in the Old Knife thread as well:eek::cool::thumbup:

15. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Harry, I must follow suit with the previous comments. Very special knives, classics if you will.:thumbup:

16. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thanks to all of you guys for your very generous remarks : Jamie , Paul , Stan , and Alan
    To me , the Taylors Eye Witness is a Jewel . I have not only wanted another one , but an older one than any that I had , and it took another knife off of my Bucket List . I also will post it in the Old Knives Thread as Paul has requested even though I have no idea how old it is .

Harry

17. Bugdoc

Bugdoc Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2016
    I've had the red mini for some time. Been wanting to add a big brother when this yellow one came up on the exchange...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pile side is a pleasing sawed bone. The Copperlock fits 4 fingers nicely. Think I'm going to like this one.

18. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    A 25 Clip Point in Tractor Green. When it rains it pours, my third 25 this week.

[​IMG]

19. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    A Wiseman Wharncliffe :)

[​IMG]

20. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Indeed! Alan, all of a sudden there they are🤙