1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    That's a nice looking knife. What's the blade steel?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    D2. I really love this shape.

3. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    Beautiful. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Tractor Green is always a very decent scale, good find!:thumbup:

This arrived yesterday. Winchester Black Box Swell Centre Penknife. NOS from 1990 but it isn't going to look this pristine for much longer:cool: The Rogers Bone on this series is entrancing, really beautiful.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  5. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Glad to see you found one, Will, I just couldn't part with mine.

6. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks Alan and Will. I guess the size lends itself to a great variation in covers.

7. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    A couple of auction finds.

This Kabar scout is almost cherry. Just a light scratch on the main blade from the awl. Perfect snap on every tool, and not a sign of wobble.

[​IMG]

And a beautiful soft Arkansas stone. Gorgeous coloring. Looks like it was never used. The leather slip is no slouch either.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Jeff I don't blame you,:D these are very decent knives and well worth the hunt. Just looking for 2 others in the series now

The Mini Gunstock I just got is a very credible small knife, not toy-like or annoying. It even came with an original ad from 1988 which was interesting. RRP then was 45 USD don't know about price inflation in the US but that's got to be double now I would think?

Thanks, Will

9. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Nothing special, but I remember having one just like it when I was a kid.

[​IMG]

10. joker354

joker354 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 1999
    fun little pattern...

[​IMG]

11. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Remington R14, 2001 Show Knife edition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The handles feel a bit gummy, so I want to clean them some how, but I don't want to risk disturbing the patina on the brass bolsters. Suggestions welcome.

12. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    A couple great finds, Buzz! It's hard to tell for sure from the angle in the photo, but does the slip for that Arkansas stone have the state outline of Arkansas on it? I'm a sucker for my home state. :D

[​IMG]

13. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Just received, this beauty immediately assumed the mantle of the finest factory slipjoint in my accumulation. Eat your heart out GEC.

[​IMG]

14. Jerry D.

Jerry D. Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 17, 2008
    That scout is a cool find! I'm a sucker for most anything Ka-Bar though.

15. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Just plain pretty.

16. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Christian, I too have a couple of Queen built Winchesters that rival or exceed the quality of GECs.
    This Cartridge Series stockman from 1995 is as good as any build I have from any manufacturer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd sure love to see them come back to the quality of yesteryear.

17. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Jeff,

My whittler is the same vintage as your stockman.

18. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    That is really a beauty! :thumbup:

19. AShearer

AShearer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Buzzbait. You probably know this, but that Kabar was certainly made before 1996. Probably between 1966 and 96 as it is marked Cole Consumer Products. Cole bought Kabar in 66 and sold it to Cutco in 96.

AS

20. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I have 4 in that serie, including the gunstock, all are very useable and excellent finish. Just the stockman has a slight mark on a slab, quite unnoticeable. And all at very decent prices for such a quality.
    My grail would be a congress or half congress.
    Hmmm gorgeous.

You're right these knives have outstanding quality! And this one is splendid.