Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just received a stag #81 bull moose, and did a couple mods to both blades.
Reground the spear into more of a drop point, and the clip into a large sheepfoot.

QvjVLkL.jpg

Those are three fine specimens, Gary!
Nice Spring Spree! Is that the single blade Teardrop?
Thanks, Joshua & Rachel. :) The teardrop IS a single blade. I wanted the wharncliffe main, and all of the current 2-blade teardrops from Case are spear/pen combos. (I also wanted chestnut jigged bone CV, and that comes with 1 blade.)
(I apologize for the delay in my acknowledgement of your support. :()

Congrats on the sensational stag canoe, Tom!! Breathtaking! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Well it's certainly not not bright, but it looks like a nice color. Better than the faded pink it could have been (in my opinion, of course).
Yeah, it is a pretty color, I was just surprised at how it looks outside in the sunlight. Kinda like Jolly Ranchers watermelon candy! :D I wonder what a tea bath would do to mellow out the brightness...

Congrats on the sensational stag canoe, Tom!! Breathtaking! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks GT, nice to hear from you.

Another newish one, Moki Kronos 533. F&F is par excellence, only matched in my folder collection by one other, a Moki Serapis.:D Pull is a bit light, I'll give it a 4, but oh so buttery smooth. I hadn't been considering it but was intrigued by a recent thread on lockbacks (@BP_ ) where it was mentioned.
IMG_20180409_203636161~2-1577x848.jpg IMG_20180409_203143558~2-979x1305.jpg IMG_20180409_203109682~2.jpg

BP, you had wondered about how this knife might hold up as a long term EDC. I obviously can't say for sure, but suspect the weak pull could be it's Achilles tendon as it may weaken over the years. Otherwise it's very sturdy, not a bit of blade play and solid covers.

Edit I just pulled out the Kronos and noticed it has six, count em, six pins. Now that's sturdy :cool:

Last edited:
Back