Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Mail Person just delivered this one.
I am so excited to finally have it.
Perfect in hand and pocket (or sheath).

2a6q9fd.jpg

I love being on vacation. I get my mail sooner.:D

Case/Bose Norfolk in Antique Bone and Schatt & Morgan #43 Jumbo Half Whittler in Red Elk.

Feelin' pretty good about both of these knives.
View attachment 916787
View attachment 916788
View attachment 916789
View attachment 916790
View attachment 916791
View attachment 916792
Nice Norfolk Rick. It's one of those patterns that just looks right. Fortunately I know it wouldn't work for me. I say fortunately because there are so many nice ones.

I just received this stag (what a surprise) Crown Jack by Amherst Knives. I dont know very much about them and I don't believe they were in business for any length of time. Any info would be appreciated.
The knife itself is wonderful. Beautiful stag, slim sharp blade, excellent w&t and f&f.
IMG_3724.JPG

I just received this stag (what a surprise) Crown Jack by Amherst Knives. I dont know very much about them and I don't believe they were in business for any length of time. Any info would be appreciated.
The knife itself is wonderful. Beautiful stag, slim sharp blade, excellent w&t and f&f.

Alan, Use the BF search function and you'll find many posts on Amherst and it's owner Tim Balda. I had an Amherst Cutlery Doctor's Knife that he'd gifted me. Very well made. I gave it to my youngest son when he got his PhD from Cornell last year. He's not an MD but he appreciated it anyways.
Tim subsequently had some problems, which I don't remember well enough to post.
Nice knife!

View attachment 917443
Alan, that Amherst Cutlery knife is really nice. What type of steel is it? I've handled a couple of Amherst Cutlery knives, in the past, and they were nothing short of fantastic. Congrats! -Lance

Amherst had some very nice designs and unusual patterns, usually with very decent Stag as your one shows Alan.

Some people berated the owner for not being a 'proper' custom maker as far as I recall but his knives looked more than desirable to me. He did however, promise to give some knives away and I was on the list, I never received anything-knife nor explanation-and I suspect other people had a similar 'experience'..... Nonetheless, the knives are good and more than worth getting hold of if you have the chance.

Thanks, Will

View attachment 917443
Stunning stag, beauty for sure!
Forgot to post this here.
A. Wright's & Son pruner handled lambsfoot small with buffalo covers.

bI6f9aQ.jpg
Lovely!
My next "gotta get" knife!

1981 Taylor Cutlery Butter Bean - Made in Japan - new old stock 3" closed. Exceptional job on the blade grinds and the way they nest together. No blade rub. Nice stag. The center rivet was a tad proud. I bent the edges down with a file, then polished them smooth with a Sharpmaker stone. They aren't proud now. Action is a bit off. The pressure varies as you move the main blade through its rotation. Has a fair snap at the end though, so I don't mind it. Removing 30-year polishing compound takes a bit of determination. Spring is a little bit proud when the main blade is opened. Blade steel is "surgical" but takes a nice edge and seems to hold it well enough for my small knife needs. The sheepsfoot secondary is awesome. Cuts like a banshee.

pj2Ympi.jpg

mYvqgbW.jpg

Back