Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

another two
nZblDil.jpg

The first two I found on the auction site. I guess you'd call the first a ruler knife with a screwdriver blade. The tang stamp is Hugo Bauermann Solingen Germany.
The second is a Hoffritz special. For those of you old enough to remember the Hoffritz stores, they were a wonder of thousands upon thousands of knives on display. This is 3 3/8" closed, single spring with the blades crinked over so far that when half open they almost sit outside the handle. This is a definite carry.
The third knife is an Amherst Cutlery folder. 3 1/16" closed with beautiful blue/green mammoth ivory scales. It has been one of the hardest knives to photograph that I have. It came with the lanyard, the dog face bead, leather slip with clip and the original box.
All in all a nice mail day.
IMG_3944.JPG IMG_3943.JPG IMG_3945.JPG IMG_3947.JPG IMG_3946.JPG

This 2016 manufactured Case SS Sowbelly with Yellow Composite covers came in yesterday. I gave it a good going over and there are no chips, gaps, cracks, drips, runs, or errors. There is virtually no underblading and the joints are almost completely sunken. The fit and finish is superb. It matches anything that has come from GEC.

AIFG1Bx.jpg

DFGJ8O4.jpg

SYN6VJV.jpg

All in all a nice mail day.
I like the ruler knife. Really like the Hoffritz, and the Amherst has amazing scales. Alan I am always eager to see the next knife you post. You apparently have a acquisition staff working around the clock. :D

It matches anything that has come from GEC.
That yellow sow has to be THE CLASSIC of all knives. Simply beautiful.

I like the ruler knife. Really like the Hoffritz, and the Amherst has amazing scales. Alan I am always eager to see the next knife you post. You apparently have a acquisition staff working around the clock. :D
Thank you. Time is one of the benefits of getting older and being retired.

Been on a Gunstock tear lately. (as punishment to myself for missing the stag option on the new 44)

This S+M isnt perfect..but close. (I have a Queen, 4 blade stag Congress, Pardue, That. Is. Perfect )...but, they sure do have a lot of soul..and some great steel.

11mqC43.jpg

jPdyUeC.jpg

joeradza joeradza Alan, nice selection indeed, Hoffritz put out some very attractive knives in its time. But that Amherst is a real find, they made some extremely decent knives - individual and quality .

Regards, Will

joeradza joeradza Alan, nice selection indeed, Hoffritz put out some very attractive knives in its time. But that Amherst is a real find, they made some extremely decent knives - individual and quality .

Regards, Will
Thanks Will. The Hoffritz takes me back. I'd never heard of Amherst until two weeks ago and now I have two very special knives.

A while back I asked John Lloyd if he could make a stag teardrop for me. I owned a Case (too small) and a Queen (a little too beefy). I thought something in between would be perfect. Did I mention I wanted a matched pair? Oh, and a special shield to honor my home on Sanibel in Florida.
As it turned out it was like needing your ceiling painted and ending up with the Sistine Chapel. John absolutely nailed it. Gorgeous stag, 3 11/16" closed, engraved shield in the shape of a clam shell, half stops, and a zulu blade. These will forever be John Lloyd Clam Shell Teardrops.
IMG_3976.JPG IMG_3977.JPG

2e4b7n4.jpg

Picked these up today, flea market hunting. Uncle Henry 55uh 10 bucks, bought the two el cheapo frosts for 5 bucks, mostly to practice modding.I already did kinda my own "pocket worn" thing on the trapper. Turned into a decent look in little knife. Plan to carry it in my left pocket as a "loner" that way if anybody ever breaks it, I'll get them to go to tractor supply and buy a replacement. They sell case trappers. Lol I'm devious to non knife people I guese

Back