Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Gents, if you would be so kind, please elucidate. What year are we talking about and why is it surprising to see this Uncle Henry in Stainless?

Frank, I have seen 1973 listed as the first year of the 127UH pattern, which also coincides with the last year of Schrade Walden marked knives. My surprise at the stainless SW was based completely on ignorance- I thought the Schrade Walden knives might have been carbon.

Frank, I have seen 1973 listed as the first year of the 127UH pattern, which also coincides with the last year of Schrade Walden marked knives. My surprise at the stainless SW was based completely on ignorance- I thought the Schrade Walden knives might have been carbon.

Stainless steel was used by schrade since the cut co days, but it became more popular with the razor blade stainless open stock line and the uncle henry line which both came out in the 60's. Those lines also appear to have had more advertising, which may have helped popularity along with more widespread acceptance of stainless as suitable knife steel.

Another whale beached in my mailbox along with a cow and some elderberry

i.ashx

i.ashx

Nice scores! That Whittler looks fantastic!

Thanks Rick! I was really excited to see it on the "new trade-ins" table when I walked in on Saturday. One customer had brought it in along with a few other excellent Case knives that I'll try to trade for this week...one of them was a 6392 which I've been wanting to add to the collection for some time now. I always get distracted with other "must haves" and forget to lock one down. Hopefully it's still there when I drop by.

Outstanding Mason, aribach! I got this Nespresso Dharkan Pioneer for Fathers' Day. It's the most beautiful shade of blue/green.

x4YF3vN.jpg

mM845Bq.jpg

And this limited edition Schrade Statue of Liberty 124 Tradesman just arrived, as well. Blade etch below the Statue is Washington crossing the Delaware, and the shield is sterling silver and is marked Museum of the City of New York.

WVNdgYR.jpg

Last edited:
Buck 110 in Paperstone and Aluminum. It's amazing how light this knife is. I always or almost always carry a lockback on my hip. Usually a 110. What a difference in weight.
The other is a S&M Executive Jack. F&F is pretty good on this knife. Too bad Queen is no more.
IMG_20180619_180406.jpg

Back