Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

joeradza joeradza Two excellent patterns there Alan:thumbsup: Whilst not a fan of MOP myself, the CASE Swayback Gent is a very likeable and useful pattern. Really taken by the recent one I got in Chestnut Bone & cv, carry it a lot! I'm also waiting for a Lambfoot in Père David antler, the smaller Swayback pruner frame :cool:

A while back someone on here posted a Case Wharncliffe tiny trapper. At the time I thought to myself, "If I ever find one of those..."

Well, yesterday I was out running errands and stopped by a not too distant hardware store / Case dealer. Their first display case didn't have anything too exciting. The second was one of those rotating, four sided affairs. Three sides didn't have anything of interest to me, but the fourth had several patterns in jigged chestnut bone and CV steel. I was standing there trying to decide if I could justify yet another swayback, or perhaps even a muskrat, when my eyes strayed to something really tiny at the top of the case. Yep. Went to find one of the guys with the keys. It was 50% more than the swayback gent, but I just had to have it. I love small knives, and this one is a real beauty.

(Stag 52154W, 2014 tang stamp: xxxxx.)

47117490302_2662c954c9_b.jpg

47117488482_a858cb2e36_b.jpg

46445909734_f21c5aefe4_b.jpg

A while back someone on here posted a Case Wharncliffe tiny trapper. At the time I thought to myself, "If I ever find one of those..."

Well, yesterday I was out running errands and stopped by a not too distant hardware store / Case dealer. Their first display case didn't have anything too exciting. The second was one of those rotating, four sided affairs. Three sides didn't have anything of interest to me, but the fourth had several patterns in jigged chestnut bone and CV steel. I was standing there trying to decide if I could justify yet another swayback, or perhaps even a muskrat, when my eyes strayed to something really tiny at the top of the case. Yep. Went to find one of the guys with the keys. It was 50% more than the swayback gent, but I just had to have it. I love small knives, and this one is a real beauty.

(Stag 52154W, 2014 tang stamp: xxxxx.)

47117490302_2662c954c9_b.jpg

47117488482_a858cb2e36_b.jpg

46445909734_f21c5aefe4_b.jpg
Very cool little knife. Congrats.

That MOP is sensational, Alan! Congrats! Did you find a store with New Old Stock or was it second hand? It certainly looks minty fresh straight from the packaging!
Hi buddy. Found it on the auction site. Brand new in velvet? box and Case wrapping.

Fresh out of the box tonight straight from Mike at collector knives .
Beautiful stag on this one it’s got some nice light popcorn with grooves and covers match well . This lion steel Bolus clip is perfection :)
Thanks Mike couldn’t be happier !
VJyTgK1.jpg

hLJ2hkQ.jpg

Last edited:
This 3 3/4" Case 6231 1/2 CV 7 Dot (1973 manufacture) Capped, Swell End, Jack Knife came in yesterday from Steve Pfeiffer The covers are jigged, Chestnut dyed bone. The shield is pinned and the clip blade has a long pull. The second blade of this knife is a pen blade. The knife is pre-owned but does not seem to be used with only a few blemishes/stains. It had some side to side blade play when it arrived but a few minutes on the bench took care of that. It's a solid knife with good fit and finish. It'll make a great EDC.

x5nfjMw.jpg

wnpn8nm.jpg

XfzZGuy.jpg

This is the second 6231 1/2 knife I've received this month. They are stout heavily built knives made strictly as a working knife but of course can handle a broad range of tasks from removing a splinter to trimming and fitting a fence post.

VaLyUXM.jpg
x1uzqUY.jpg
jM7keaT.jpg
ubIAdDu.jpg

Reckon I found the Holy Grail of pawn shops today. Ran be the man who wrote this book
U10d1oC.jpg

So... Really nice spread of vintage knives, at decent prices. Had a whole fleet of old Case canoes, said he'd just bought a guys collection. All his vintage firearms and knives are as they should be. With original finish and patina intact. :cool::thumbsup:

Back