Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

So... Really nice spread of vintage knives, at decent prices. Had a whole fleet of old Case canoes, said he'd just bought a guys collection. All his vintage firearms and knives are as they should be. With original finish and patina intact
Awesome HSB barlow David! You dawg are one lucky knife knut! Great scores.

Incredibly beautiful Davidson coke. What superb jigging and is there a hint of green in that bone? Spectacular piece.

Fodderwing Fodderwing
Thanks! Out of all the great vintage knives in that case my eyes went to that Barlow first. As I looked the case over my eyes kept being pulled back to it, as soon as it was in my hand I knew it was going to be the one today. All I know of HSB are things I've seen posted here. Which was enough to know its a good score.

cigarrodog cigarrodog
:eek: is that ad for real!!?? Great knife btw:cool::thumbsup:
No. It’s a faux vintage ad written in 2002. I just found it amusing. Believe me, there’s plenty of real ads from the past that aren’t too far off. One of my first heroes, aside from The Lone Ranger was the Marlboro Man. Madison Avenue has corrupted us forever. Thank you.

Prester John Prester John Just getting an early start.

joeradza joeradza Yep.:)

Fodderwing Fodderwing Thank you very much. You can see more of the green on the side. I couldn’t afford it, but was able to sell something.

Last edited:
No. It’s a faux vintage ad written in 2002. I just found it amusing. Believe me, there’s plenty of real ads from the past that aren’t too far off. One of my first heroes, aside from The Lone Ranger was the Marlboro Man. Madison Avenue has corrupted us forever.
"I'd walk a mile for a Camel."

"I'd rather fight than switch!"

"Winston tastes good like a cigarette should!" "AS a cigarette should." "What do you want: good grammar or good taste?"

I can still hear the jingles!

"I'd walk a mile for a Camel."

"I'd rather fight than switch!"

"Winston tastes good like a cigarette should!" "AS a cigarette should." "What do you want: good grammar or good taste?"

I can still hear the jingles!
Edward Bernays was the man behind the curtain ;) It's no joke; just like that fake and deadly AD ! "like a" is purposeful...it's a suggestion to your sub-conscious mind ;)

Last edited:
This came in the mail yesterday:
47188746141_ae61698406_h.jpg

Bought the knife for my wife. I won the t-shirt in @Spark's Week 5 Giveaway.

New to me this beautiful 141118 Cobblestone. A huge thanks to a much respected and long time BF member for his incredible generosity in letting this one go (he tried to gift it to me but I was having none of that - the Porch at its best). Already put it to use. MJ.

E46C911B-5F58-4EB1-8142-F3A6B89B38DE.jpeg 32BC28D3-4323-4520-AC55-26DE61C5A902.jpeg

nice

picked one up myself recently but yours loots alot n icer - my scales are very shiny and lack much chracter - was anything done to them?

Corso. Thanks for your compliment. I took a fine grain piece of glass paper and slowly worked to lighten the very dark markings along the back springs. I then cleaned it with mineral oil. I know I will keep and continue to use this knife. It’s made that much more special on account of the person who saw fit to allow me to obtain it. MJ.

Back