Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

9aEheU1.jpg

yjqt3OU.jpg

Is that a clip point?

This Wright Small Pruner just arrived :cool:

HiAsOt6.jpg

Quick review: nothing at all to complain about, the first Wright knife I haven't had to work on-getting rid of rough edges, crudely cut spring etc. Very good indeed. Not centred but don't care as it's nowhere near rubbing, no gaps, strong action. The greatest draw are the scales. Père David Stag can be smooth (attractive in itself) but this is deep ridged character landscape. Certainly the equal of Sambar, it has no pores and the thick slabs feel right in the hand. Comfortable as well.

I like the smaller size of these Pruners 3 3/8" I think. Completely satisfied :cool:

j4zCqIn.jpg

Just arrived today, GEC #15 Scout. It's a "user" complete with patina on the bolsters and pepper spots on the blade. Spent a lot of time on the edge, it was dull as the back side of a butter knife. It'll make a mighty fine pocket knife now.

Just arrived today, GEC #15 Scout. It's a "user" complete with patina on the bolsters and pepper spots on the blade. Spent a lot of time on the edge, it was dull as the back side of a butter knife. It'll make a mighty fine pocket knife now.

Nice! I’ve only seen a couple 1 blade scouts.

I know, it's been a big knife day for me... :D
Last but not least, I received this Viper. It is in perfect condition besides some handling marks. This is my first and I have to say that GEC did a fantastic job on these knives. I wasn't really looking for one, but it came with the lot. I've got to say I'm happy to have it.

This one also came today, the jewel of the bunch. I'd been hunting one of these for a while now. It's in great shape and came very sharp. It has a slight patina, so I won't hesitate to carry it. :)

I know, it's been a big knife day for me... :D
Last but not least, I received this Viper. It is in perfect condition besides some handling marks. This is my first and I have to say that GEC did a fantastic job on these knives. I wasn't really looking for one, but it came with the lot. I've got to say I'm happy to have it.

Wow! :eek: Congratulations, you have had quite a Knife day! All very nice my friend! If you decide you don’t want to keep that Viper I know where you can get rid of it! ;) :D

Wow! :eek: Congratulations, you have had quite a Knife day! All very nice my friend! If you decide you don’t want to keep that Viper I know where you can get rid of it! ;) :D
Thanks, RON. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to part with it.

Well done John, every one a beauty:thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, Paul. You should have seen the price I paid for all three... That was the BEST part. :D

Beautiful trio of slicers John. That's quite a haul! :cool:

Yes. Olde Towne cutlery had a run they released a few weeks ago. Due south regrind and either a boot shield or Georgia shield in Muslin micarta or black delrin.
Awesome:thumbsup:
I already have a Bullnose on the way with the intention of clipping the blade, but that Georgia shield sold me.

Nice, so did you pick one up from olde Towne or are you going to regrind your own?
I ordered the Bullnose just this morning and am about to purchase the Old Towne version. I think I'm still going to regrind the Bullnose and keep the other as a safe-queen/special occasion knife. The Georgia shield is just too cool and I'll probably carry it during our patriotic celebrations and parades and such. I gotta say though, that micarta version is quite tempting as well.

Back