1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. jmarston

jmarston

Dec 6, 2010
    Found a few interesting knives that I could pass up on for the price.
    Top is an Imperial H6. The plastic scales are broken at the butt end but the blade is in very good shape. Ground very thin and gets razor sharp. I got one of these from my grandfather but prefer not to carry it for its sentimental value. This one will receive new scales and put into use.

The pruner I don't know much about. I don't have any in my collection and it was cheap. Will be a fun knife to play in the garden with

The bottom one is an Imperial Ireland single blade. Normally I don't like single blades but this one is so light with linerless plastic scales. Plus it was only a few dollars.

[​IMG]

2. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Gary Cunningham hunter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Another beauty, Stuart!

Duckdog likes this.
  4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Incredibly handsome fixed blade Stuart. WOW

5. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, Dwight, but I showed that knife some pictures of the Dave Ferry duo that you recently commissioned and he ran into the backyard to hide. I have some obedience training to do, I guess.
    - Stuart

Fodderwing and RayseM like this.
  6. Tricky Dickey

Tricky Dickey Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Near impossible find

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    A 4" brass trapper by Jeffery Mitchell. Smooth, solid w&t with gorgeous f&f. The backspring is flush in all three positions, the blade is centered and sharp. I can't wait to see the patina on this one. IMG_9142-1024x890.JPG

8. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks.
    - Stuart

9. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    DLT Trading had a few of these leftover as NOS, and posted such on their IG page a few weeks back.

Being a fan of the pattern, I jumped on one of them....so, here's their 66 SFO in smooth autumn gold bone/oak leaf shield/satin blades :D

20190510_084255.jpg

10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Tribal Lock

[​IMG]

chuck4570, cigarrodog, 315 and 12 others like this.
  11. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Two baby doctor's knives just in. 2007 Case stag with Texas shield and 2005 Case Bros antique jigged bone.

[​IMG]

12. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    arrived yesterday, [​IMG]

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Long, and slim, and classic. Love the triple lined round bolsters. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

mrknife and Jolipapa like this.
  14. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    the blade could be a smidge wider!

JohnDF likes this.
  15. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    From Artesanía Herreros of Albacete Spain - José's interpretation of a Navy Knife - aka, Armada Navaja.

This in Teak with nickel silver details and a 3" cutting edge of 440B steel blade. 3rd day home so I took it out to introduce it to this side of the Atlantic. :thumbsup:

Ray

Navy-on-the-rocks-1.jpg

Navy-on-the-rocks-3.jpg

mrknife, jwb01, cigarrodog and 12 others like this.
  16. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    That is one handsome knife! Is it a sheepfoot? I can't quite see the tip in the pictures you posted.

17. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Thanks @abbydaddy. Yes it is a sheepfoot. Here, a better profile shot.

Ray

Navy-by-the-shore.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    mrknife, jwb01, Pinemoon and 8 others like this.
  18. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Imperial Ireland, W H Morley, Kutmaster; from a yard sale and an estate sale.
    [​IMG]

Pinemoon, cigarrodog, Duckdog and 6 others like this.
  19. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Well my self imposed break from knife buying lasted a week lol, got a couple yard sale finds. First this Chinese Kissng Krane, 99% sure made in the same factory as Rough Rider. Really good walk'n'talk, nice finish overall, centered blade. No gaps, spring flush opened and closed.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Next this NIB Remington jumbo trapper, Nostalgic art series. With a picture of 3 lab pups in a hunting vest's pockets. Good walk'n'talk,centered blades,no gaps. Slight side to side play in both blades,nothing you'd notice in use. I'm assuming Camillus as it says made in the USA on the box and paper. I have no idea when it was actually made, but I found a pic online of another pattern in this series with "first production run" being listed as 2001 Anyone with info feel free to chime in!

Hibou Canne, jwb01, Pinemoon and 10 others like this.
  20. zoogirl

zoogirl Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 26, 2019
    upload_2019-5-12_22-33-50.jpeg upload_2019-5-12_22-34-31.jpeg upload_2019-5-12_22-35-14.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-12_22-36-5.jpeg

My new PAL Brand. This is most likely a pre-1939 knife. PAL Brand was used by the Utica Knife and Razor Co. The knives were mostly put together in Germany.
    This is my third PAL Brand, the others being a wooden handled small fixed and a two blade pen with white scales, probably celluloid.
    This isn’t the same as Pal Blade or Pal Cutlery.
    I’m pretty happy with it!

Attached Files:

jwb01, Pinemoon, cigarrodog and 8 others like this.