1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Nice find. Another fine detail on your new #33 is the Northfield name stamped onto the bail, just like on the Northfield #66's from a few year ago.

llKRAKENll likes this.
  2. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    This is a new oldie, just assembled a few weeks ago with parts from the 2013 run and the new Woodland Muslin covers.
    According to Chris at GEC they only made 24 of these, and with 420HC S.S. blades for the added corrosion resistance.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. BladeCommander

BladeCommander Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2012
    After returning my Buck Forum 301 two separate times, I recently received this extremely nice example.
    [​IMG]

Pinemoon, ISKRA, paulhilborn and 9 others like this.
  4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
  5. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I'm always on the lookout for additions to my Schrade wire jack collection. Stuart @Duckdog recently posted a large (4 3/4" closed) and he was generous in allowing me to acquire it. IMG_9278-01~2-1024x784.jpeg
    I forgot to add Stuart generously included a Parker Frost Lockback honoring the U. of NC TarHeels. For those who aren't familiar with the Japanese Parker Frost knives, do yourself a favor and take a look. Excellent quality and very reasonable prices. 20190523_165546-1024x595.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My latest, Great Eastern Cutlery #82 Northfield Possum Skinner in Jigged Elderberry bone. An excellent every day pocket knife.

Oops, looks like the images are too large. i will figure out how to reduce them.

7. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Large is fine with me!

8. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    So glad to have scored these two this past week!
    20190523_135006.jpg

9. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I'm now on my fourth schrade 861 but this is the only one that's not minty. I cleaned it up a little and now it only lacks edge work. Snaps just fine and is solid. Hardly any blade loss. I really didn't need it but it's not bad for $23, and I just like it.

IMG_4515.JPG IMG_4516.JPG

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  10. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Nothing too special. A used Vic red alox Classic for my keychain.

[​IMG]

11. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Well, after several hours at the flea market I picked up a few items. This Norton stone was old stock but absolutely unused. But this old Camillus has to have some stories behind it. It needs to be sharpened but the springs are good and no discernible movement to the blades. I haven’t a clue how old it is but I’m guessing 40’s to 50’s? Maybe earlier??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TheChunk91

Aug 15, 2013
    Nice pick ups Jim. I don't know camillus stamps very well but I am thinking that may be a WW2 era army air corps issue cattle knife.

315 likes this.
  13. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Thanks Paul, I forgot to mention a nice crisp twenty covered both the knife and stone:)

Fodderwing and TheChunk91 like this.
  14. TheChunk91

Aug 15, 2013
    Money well spent. :thumbsup:

15. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2017
    [​IMG]
    In awe

Pinemoon, ISKRA, Fodderwing and 11 others like this.
  16. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Jim, that's a nice cattle knife! 1930s to mid 1940s is the info I have on your tang stamp, so could well be WWII issue.

zolthar and 315 like this.
  17. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    NICE!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

llKRAKENll likes this.
  18. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2017
    I really liked the Conductor but, unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it) became trade fodder for my new J.B.F. Champlin

19. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Thanks Jeff. The guy had it in a case with all the typical junk you see at flea markets. I didn’t have my reading glasses so I had to ask him what the tang stamp said. There was another guy that had a jigged bone Remington 2 bladed Knife but he was a bit high so I passed.

20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I went to the local outdoors store this afternoon to pick up a dozen of my favorite flies, I hope to be able to go fishing in the morning. I stopped by the knife display and saw this beautiful Case Mini Trapper on clearance. I just couldn't pass up these beautiful bone handles and really nice fit and finish... for just $25.00. :eek:

[​IMG]