1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    And i know. I mucked up again. I placed my reply in the wrong place. I,m not all that computer smart. I will eventually work it out. Have a good weekend and enjoy your new knife.:thumbsup:

2. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You have one beautiful piece of work there my friend. Would love it in my collection.

3. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I have a weakness for these pressed metal figurative knives. This one is aluminum I believe. Just wondering its origin. Etched Winchester on the main blade and Germany on the pile side. Tang stamp is Winchester. 20190713_161341-01-800x599.jpeg

4. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, cudgee, much appreciated!

5. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I just received this A.W.&S Lambsfoot yesterday, excited to put it to work.

6. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    I believe the first time I ever saw the Rounder pattern by Jerry Halfrich it was a jigged bone specimen owned by Gary @Peregrin. It's always been one of my favorite knives ever posted on BladeForums. But, being a stag guy that is what I had my heart set on. It took a while and a major sacrifice but my patience has paid off. IMG_0557-01-918x689.jpeg

7. Scott J.

Scott J.

Jun 8, 2019
    I just bought this one yesterday at Shepherd Hills Cutlery in Branson, MO. The color really caught my eye and looked best on this Barlow.[​IMG]

8. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Alan, that Rounder looks incredible!

9. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    It exceeds all expectations Jeff.

10. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Congratulations, Alan! That's a magnificent Rounder! I'm glad you were able to make it happen!

11. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks Gary @Peregrin patience was the key.

12. Castnet

Castnet Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2015
    Alan,
    You’re killing me with this one. I’ve been looking for a small rounder for quite a while. You have a great knife in this one, worth the wait.​

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    dantzk8 likes this.
  13. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    @Castnet I'll keep my eyes open for you.

14. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Buck 212 fixed blade. Really digging the size and the overall proportions. This is my very first Buck fixed blade.

IMG_4922.JPG
    IMG_4926.JPG
    IMG_4925.JPG
    IMG_4924.JPG

15. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
  16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    You know how it is: go through knife famine then knife glut :D

These two arrived yesterday, one had been extremely well re-handled in Sambar and the other NIT:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Two new ones that I am happy to have.

First, and fresh from the exchange, a Bulldog Brand "Thor" whittler (2003, 5th generation) with antique (pre-ban) elephant ivory covers and carbon blades. This is the largest of their three whittlers made during this time frame. It is just slightly larger than the Case Seahorse (4 1/8" closed ... main Wharncliffe is 2 3/4" ... coping is 1 3/4" ... and the pen is 1 5/8").

[​IMG]

Next, a 2002 model Case single blade doctor's knife with pitch black jigged bone covers and stars & stripes shield.

[​IMG]

18. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Just arrived and love this Cocobolo #93
    [​IMG]

19. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Tidioute Calf Roper in Ebony

cigarrodog, Dschal, Cutfinger and 9 others like this.
  20. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007