1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice Bulldog.
    I have a sowbelly stockman from '95, great quality.
    Im sure that whittler is better than a Case seahorse :thumbsup:

2. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Thanks. Really like the fact that this one has carbon steel blades rather than Case's stainless!

3. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So today I stopped at a pawn shop thats also a Case dealer. When I seen this in the countertop display I assumed it was from the recent release. The guy couldn't find any in stock, and said he'd sell me the display. Price in the display was a very faded $74.98. A little on the high side,but I thought at least I wouldn't have to wait for it lol. But the guy says, Its the display, I dont have a box and its scuffed(tiny bit on the pile side bolster) you can have it for 30 bucks. :eek: I just about ripped the pocket off my jeans I grabbed my wallet so fast:D. But I got to thinking I couldn't remember anyone posting a pocket worn redbone from the new batch with this bolster stamp. Well its not from the newest batch,its a 2008! The fit'n'finish is about as perfect as it can get.

4. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    My 93's : Lambfoot on the left and then all Ram Foot
    [​IMG]

Harry

5. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    This Hess only had to travel from the neighboring county to make it here yesterday.

[​IMG]

Pinemoon, cigarrodog, Dschal and 10 others like this.
  6. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    My new Buck 212 (second from bottom) keeping company with some of my other Buck fixed blades - all with straight, clip blades. OH
    [​IMG]

7. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I like that 212 alot. I didn't know that model existed.

Old Hunter likes this.
  8. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
  9. Old Hunter

Jul 12, 2012
    Very nice knife Ed and that is a really cool Neptune coin. OH

10. Old Hunter

Jul 12, 2012
    That is a relatively new Buck (the 212 Fixed Ranger). Available at a few Blade Forums dealers (SK Blades - who brought us the 2018 BF Pocketknife, and C&C - another dealer in limited Buck SFO's). Has a handle the same size of the Buck 105, 118, 121 fixed blades coupled with a short broad blade. I like the combination. OH

11. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Thanks for that info. SK Blades D2/Micarta version is mighty tempting.

Old Hunter likes this.
  12. Old Hunter

Jul 12, 2012
    Yeah, that is a nice version - it just hit the USPS in the last week or two. You should check them out in the Buck Knives sub-forum here on Blade Forums. There are several threads running and there are a lot of small run variations of this knife and at least three steels so far (that I remember) D-2, 420HC, and W-2. Happy Hunting! OH

13. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    and so number 3 joins the collection

[​IMG]

14. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Just got this today, fit and finish are typical from these guys but the heat treat seems good and it's a nice size for whittling ;)

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

15. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Been so swamped I've hardly been on here the last week. But, this came in today and I couldn't resist. Boker Doubletree Congress in stag. If anyone has ideas on how to Flitz those bolsters, feel free to let me know!

20190722_195326.jpg

16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I think that looks better than any of the 2019 Case Barlows I've seen. Great find! :thumbsup:

17. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Bone covers aren't typically my thing but this one was too good to pass up!
    20190723_065344.jpg

cjtamu, Cutfinger, Pinemoon and 22 others like this.
  18. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Have this on the way

Camillus WWII era Radio Jack

sellers pic

[​IMG]

19. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Nice! I have one that is in good shape, but not as bright as yours. These seem fairly rare nowadays as I cant find many pics or much info online. These were known then as the "post exchange knife" Fantastic score!

Cutfinger likes this.
  20. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I had decided to pass on the Appaloosa Bone variant of last year’s GEC 14, as none of the examples I saw “spoke” to me.

But this particular one did. In fact, it might be my favorite...for today at least. ;)

FF801DE2-F6E4-4649-988C-86E5C2C8808E.jpeg

cjtamu, Pinemoon, Modoc ED and 11 others like this.