Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

A spear that vendor thinks is from Africa, a funny sort of knife, and some knife material.
Sometimes I'm reminded of Oakshotte writing about a particular sword: "It lives in the hand, too. It positively woos one to strike". Like this spear.
J1uo5jh.jpg

FPj4c8U.jpg

Picked up this new unused 1978 Case 3299 1/2 .
Great fit'n'finish with no play and centered blades. Appears to have a minor crack at the pin but almost impossible to see in person, shows up more in the pic for some reason. Slight blemish in the delrin near the endcap, ah but that gives it character;) I have a 1994 one as well,interesting at the changes made in 16 years. The '94 is stainless and I don't see SS on the '78 so I'm thinking CV, I'll know if it develops patina. Sorry about the crappy pic, it was dark when I got home. :thumbsup:

One of Great Eastern Cutlery’s best patterns in my estimation. I’d have a couple but they are too strong for me to open reliably. Great knife!

I agree. My initial impression of the first one I had was that it was expertly made, but a bit heavy and bulky for its size. I can still see where it is certainly bulkier and blockier than a 15, which is the same size, but I don't mind that little extra as much after all, and it is just a cool pattern, too.

I would rate it 9 out of 10 for that run. You might find an individual knife that is an actual 10. I have a 97 that I believe is a 10, but of course that’s subjective. In terms of frequent carry the 44 is hard to beat. Let me know what you think of the pulls.

I would rate it 9 out of 10 for that run. You might find an individual knife that is an actual 10. I have a 97 that I believe is a 10, but of course that’s subjective. In terms of frequent carry the 44 is hard to beat. Let me know what you think of the pulls.
I like the pulls on this pattern. Strong 6 or 7 I’d say for both blades. There are some rough edges with the bone on this one, and the springs are a bit higher on the half-stop than most GECs I’ve owned but those are small nitpicks. I’d call it a 9/10.

Picked up this 9-Dot (1971 manufacture) 4 5/8" Linerlock Sod Buster with black composite covers. The blade etch is long ago worn away. Still, the Linerlock is a nice feature. You'd think that with composite covers the knife would be light but it is a heavy knife.

y9ZIUAb.jpg

My latest knife , that was delivered today , is another Arno Bernard Bush Baby Series Gecko small fixed blade . 5 & 1/2 inches long with a 2 & 3/4 blade . The handle covers are Wart Hog Tusk . The handle covers are much whiter than the Inside Pics show .

This photo with my other AB shows a more accurate color of the handle covers .

Harry

Just arrived, made by Ashley at A. Wright & Son Sheffield and every bit as good as it looks, scales are oak which came from a local tree that a friend of his was working on a few years ago.
FRnmcOU.jpg

jbSDI8o.jpg

afcGXan.jpg

v1QPDMq.jpg

B0pxfE7.jpg

5vFpwh5.jpg

ETaALzz.jpg

bGHjZP3.jpg
Nice one!

Back