Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

All of these knives have come in this week. Can anyone guess which festive holiday I'm getting ready to celebrate?:eek::)

eAoboDe.jpg

Just arrived, made by Ashley at A. Wright & Son Sheffield and every bit as good as it looks, scales are oak which came from a local tree that a friend of his was working on a few years ago.

v1QPDMq.jpg
@Tim.E - Is the tang stamp on your knife the same stamp used on Jack Black's SFO Hartshead Barlow bolsters.

@Jack Black , @Half/Stop

Last edited:
Yes, it's the A Wright and Son mark, Ashley is the manager/co owner.

Thanks. Yes, I knew Ashley was the manager but thought that mark was reserved for Jack's Hartshead Barlow knives.

At any rate, your knife looks really nice.:thumbsup: Great job by Ashley.

NIG2Pta.jpg

I saw this on the auction site and thought I’d check it out. It’s missing the second blade and has no tang stamps at all. The guy I got it from said it came from when queens stuff was all sold off. The blade is loose and action is kinda wonky, but I’m gonna see if one of our knife modders can smooth it out/ tighten it up. Either way, I think it’s cool.

Joe

NIG2Pta.jpg

I saw this on the auction site and thought I’d check it out. It’s missing the second blade and has no tang stamps at all. The guy I got it from said it came from when queens stuff was all sold off. The blade is loose and action is kinda wonky, but I’m gonna see if one of our knife modders can smooth it out/ tighten it up. Either way, I think it’s cool.

Joe
I think someone got ahold of parts from the auction and pieced that together. Still a nice looking knife though, hopefully someone can improve the function for you.

Just arrived, made by Ashley at A. Wright & Son Sheffield and every bit as good as it looks, scales are oak which came from a local tree that a friend of his was working on a few years ago.
FRnmcOU.jpg

jbSDI8o.jpg

afcGXan.jpg

v1QPDMq.jpg

B0pxfE7.jpg

5vFpwh5.jpg

ETaALzz.jpg

bGHjZP3.jpg
I have quite a few A Wright knives, that is spectacular. Well done, i'm sure you'll get a lot of pleasure out of you new arrival.:thumbsup::cool::p:)

5gD6UPS.jpg

This one just arrived to my door. It’s my first MoP knife. Much fancier than I’m used to, but it’ll be nice to carry on the rare occasions I wear a tie.
Very nice!
Sooner than that. Think Ghosts and Goblins.
Election Day? :D:p:D

Happy Halloween!
NIG2Pta.jpg

Joe

I think someone got ahold of parts from the auction and pieced that together. Still a nice looking knife though, hopefully someone can improve the function for you.
I believe that seller is the same guy who bought up the Schatt and Morgan trademark and equipment, so I'd bet he has access to lots of Frankenknife parts.

13F56CC2-8471-425F-A9EE-5B5484598625.jpeg
I know it isn’t the flashiest, or the rarest, or the most coveted GEC, but it is the one I’ve been trying to get at a decent price for the last three years. I was too dumb to get one from a generous porch member early on in the search (that was a bone cover), and to get this one I had to break a personal price ceiling I have set for buying GECs on the secondary market, but It finally happened.

The #15 is such a great pattern and GEC does it so well, but the action on this one is off the charts (the stainless Navy knives have the same pop). I’m stoked.

I can't blame you for chasing that one down. The GEC #15's are great pocket knives. Add to that a wood handle, and acorn shield, lined bolsters, and a stainless steel blade, and it's a winner all the way around. I couldn't think up a better knife in my head. :cool::thumbsup:

I can't blame you for chasing that one down. The GEC #15's are great pocket knives. Add to that a wood handle, and acorn shield, lined bolsters, and a stainless steel blade, and it's a winner all the way around. I couldn't think up a better knife in my head. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, John. I couldn’t agree more. It is a great set up.

View attachment 1443372
I know it isn’t the flashiest, or the rarest, or the most coveted GEC, but it is the one I’ve been trying to get at a decent price for the last three years. I was too dumb to get one from a generous porch member early on in the search (that was a bone cover), and to get this one I had to break a personal price ceiling I have set for buying GECs on the secondary market, but It finally happened.

The #15 is such a great pattern and GEC does it so well, but the action on this one is off the charts (the stainless Navy knives have the same pop). I’m stoked.
Is that some of the reclaimed chestnut?

Back