1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Well, my latest is the very generous GAW from Duane, @sitflyer... who read that I was interested in the Case folding hunter, so he just gifted me one....which is much appreciated. This, as I told him, is a BIG honkin knife... it's like a short sword...:eek:
    I did a couple of comparison pics of it and my "big" knife, the 23... this one makes the 23 seem almost delicate. :D
    It's very nicely made, everything is tight and smooth, well polished, and the edge is amazing. I don't know if Duane "fixed" the edge, or not, but it's very sharp. It will be interesting to see how this will fit in the rotation... it's too nice to not carry....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

sf fanatic, 315, Ace Rimmer and 10 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Holy Moly... It dwarfs the #23, it must be huge! :eek:

Will Power and hornetguy like this.
  3. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    Yes.... it is quite a bit larger than I expected. I can understand now why they came out with a "pocket folding hunter"... it's probably a more reasonable size.
    My folding hunter is 5 1/4" long, closed. The cutting edge of the blade is 3 5/8" long. It's big.

JohnDF and sitflyer like this.
  4. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    Boker Barlow Expedition.

2745C25F-644F-4291-BD12-3BCCECE6BC10.jpeg

5. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Looks nice, I have one coming soon. What are your first impressions?

6. Tigerden

Jul 1, 2019
    ^^^^ I like it for a small pocket carry. I did use my sharpmaker and leather strop to sharpen it a bit. Some Bokers I find myself doing this if I dont deem them sharp to my liking. Probably wont need it for most people. Great scales and the brushed bronze make it a real looker. It was a little gritty so I cleaned it with warm water and dish soap. After this I reapplied some oil. I think it doesnt need this but I am sort of particular about a knife I plan on carrying. This one will be a user.

JohnDF likes this.
  7. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    [​IMG]

joeradza, sf fanatic, FOG2 and 14 others like this.
  8. bigfish64

Apr 9, 2020
    Thanks for your thoughts. I have several Boker Barlows and I find them sharp enough for me but I agree that they tend to benefit from a good flushing and some oil. Can’t wait to get mine.

Mass1632 and Tigerden like this.
  9. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    "To nice not to carry" I like that :thumbsup: That is a nice looking Case, I think I'd like the single blade one. I found another Case monster folder awhile ago. A 61066, can't remember the specs but its a tad larger than the Schrade folding hunter, and makes a GEC 97 look almost smallo_O[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    I looked up the 61066, and it shows to be about 1/8" longer, closed, than this knife. It looks a lot like a large copperhead style, to me. Another "biggun"..... :thumbsup:

edit: the only one I saw was a "Gold Rush Commemorative" version. I like the looks of your red one better....

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  11. Tigerden

Jul 1, 2019
    All three of these arrived today. Its like X-Mas coming early.

IMG_1781 (2).jpg IMG_1782 (2).jpg

12. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    A bunch of new ones in the past few days (and a couple more on the way)! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    It's certainly one of the largest if not the largest folder I have, your right about it being a super sized copperhead [​IMG]
    I liked the red but wished it was less pink in areas and darker overall, so I dunked it in some red rit with some brown rit in the mix.[​IMG]
    Much better imho:thumbsup:

14. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    [​IMG]
    Since I have pretty much settled on these things as my daily carry, I thought I would (hopefully) cap off my knife purchasing with a spare, and call it done. I was disappointed to see that the one guy on the auction site who sold them from South Africa for a reasonable price was no longer a seller. All the others were either fake or ridiculously overpriced.

I occasionally check the shopping site for them, never really expecting much, but amazingly they popped up, at a very reasonable price, so I got one before they sold out (they did, pretty quickly). A couple of weeks later I checked again on a whim, and the seller must have gotten another batch in. I shelled out another $15 and got a backup spare :rolleyes:, which came today. I figure I now have a lifetime supply.

sf fanatic, RayseM, hornetguy and 5 others like this.
  15. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Really like that Uncle Henry LL! :thumbsup::cool:

16. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    Thanks, I got it from a pawnshop for 10 bucks :thumbsup:

sitflyer likes this.
  17. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    Yes, that does look better.... the dye really brought out the jigging, and I agree with the darker shade of red....

18. bigfish64

Apr 9, 2020
    00AC1DC0-6DDA-4799-848E-9FD6EC408A0F.jpeg
    Not exactly my newest, bought this on a little trip the summer, got home and forgot about it. Found it yesterday so it feels new! CV steel, no fit and finish issues, great walk and talk, a beautiful example of what Case can do!

19. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    That is a great knife you got there. I love trip knives, always brings back memories....

20. bigfish64

Apr 9, 2020
    Yeah, as long as you don’t forget about them!:rolleyes: Thanks!