Your Very First Fiddleback

Guys,

This is my first Fiddleback... Came from an eBay purchase... Does anyone have any history on it? Who sold it to me? Where did it come from?

Thanks in advance,

-Will

Guys,

This is my first Fiddleback... Came from an eBay purchase... Does anyone have any history on it? Who sold it to me? Where did it come from?

Thanks in advance,

-Will[/QUOTE]

I'm really digging that high/full grind. Must be a nice slicer.

Guys,

Thanks in advance,

-Will

Will -- thats a cool BF; I have a similar ground one in curly ash and it cuts like a laser. Based on pics alone, it could be 2011-3013; based on what I've seen, Andy was big on bolsters in 2011 and again in 2013. I would weigh it against another synthetic BF to see if you can guesstimate whether or not it is SFT..

My S35VN Bushfinger is ground the same way (way outperformed my other 5/32" saber ground one)

It is from 2012.

Can't wait to get my first fiddleback back from "the spa" so I can contribute!

I received my first Asp today. This thing rocks! Though it is 5/32", with the tappered tang, it's nice and slim. I think it would even make a nice EDC.

Guys,

Thanks in advance,

-Will

Looking at the size of that bolster, and that grind, I'd guess 2012 or 2013. The first run of bolsters were smaller than that, and a lot of the second run were a little bigger I think. This seems to be more like where he settled and is fairly recently.

Pics please! haha

Here you go. I'm really digging Andy's swedge grinds. If you're apprehensive of the swedge grind being too thin at the spine to do thumb push cuts comfortably, his 3/16" swedges are for you. They're still at least an 1/8" thick on the swedge where you'll be applying most of the pressure.

MJWrg5W.jpg

Here you go. I'm really digging Andy's swedge grinds. If you're apprehensive of the swedge grind being too thin at the spine to do thumb push cuts comfortably, his 3/16" swedes are for you. They're still at least an 1/8" thick on the swedge where you'll be applying most of the pressure.

MJWrg5W.jpg

Ooooh, that is just wicked!

I must have smaller hands because my asp is everything I wish the Pete was!

I must have smaller hands because my asp is everything I wish the Pete was!

Unfortunately, one like Duder has would only get carried a home here. Out in public it would get me thrown under the jail as "double edged stabbing implements" are highly illegal here...

Unfortunately, one like Duder has would only get carried a home here. Out in public it would get me thrown under the jail as "double edged stabbing implements" are highly illegal here...

Really? Even if it's unsharpened?

Really? Even if it's unsharpened?

They are not specific about what double edged actually means. Beveled to a fine but even unsharpened, tip would likely be considered double edged in the DA's interpretation.

My introduction to Fiddleback Forge was on USAMADEBLADE.com where I decided I needed the Bushboot they were selling. I was a little too late on that one. That's what started my search mission and brought me here! I was able to snag this 1/8" Tuxedo Bushboot from the Valentine's Day Fiddleback Friday and immediately went to Bonafide for an authentic Jou'Fuu sheath (personalized with my initials!). I've never before owned or even held a hand-made knife (other than the bastardized atrocity I created from a kitchen knife when I was a kid, complete with a cardboard and duct tape sheath!). Needless to say, I am more than impressed with the quality and craftsmanship in Andy's work and will be on the prowl for a big brother for this little guy!

IMG_0381.JPGIMG_0382.JPG

Here you go. I'm really digging Andy's swedge grinds. If you're apprehensive of the swedge grind being too thin at the spine to do thumb push cuts comfortably, his 3/16" swedges are for you. They're still at least an 1/8" thick on the swedge where you'll be applying most of the pressure.

MJWrg5W.jpg

Glad you are digging the asp; I have. 5/32 TT swedged one as well and it has become my go to... More than even the SP. Its almost like a kephart with an attitude-- I've done some light woodwork and foodprep with mine thus far and have been super impressed !

Beautiful knife you've got there -- enjoy it

Glad you are digging the asp; I have. 5/32 TT swedged one as well and it has become my go to... More than even the SP. Its almost like a kephart with an attitude-- I've done some light woodwork and foodprep with mine thus far and have been super impressed !

Beautiful knife you've got there -- enjoy it

Man, part of me wants one of these so bad it hurts...but there are others I want too that I could actually carry here so it will have to wait.

Back