1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by 1066vik, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkmoore

rkmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2010
    dynamicmoves - how'd you do that selfie? I can't even see your arm.

2. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    He set the timer.

3. rkmoore

rkmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Oh, ok. I guess that makes sense. :D

4. dynamicmoves

dynamicmoves

Jan 6, 2011
    I.
    Yes. I set the timer. Because I can grow that much facial hair.

5. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    As is Belgian beer (Leffe is a favorite), and pommes frites, and chocolate...

6. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    Fries and mayo are awesome!

I first had mayo on pommes frites in Germany... My first meal after I landed in Frankfurt as a young 2nd Lieutenant was curry wurst, pommes frites and a beer at a little shack (schnell imbiss)... Great chow for a jet-lagged and culture shocked young man. Yum!

7. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    I tried mayo on fries after hearing about it in Pulp Fiction... it's pretty awesome! Has to be real mayo though, Miracle Whip is disgusting.

8. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    I dont like mayo or miracle whip on anything. :barf:

9. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    Quoted for truth.

10. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    If you guys check out the "What's New" section of the July 2015 issue of BLADE magazine you may just see something made by a certain Beckerhead that snarks a lot :D

11. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm here to tell ya, it isn't easy to chug Chimay Blue or other Belgian ales.

But you haven't lived until you have shotgunned an ice cold Budweiser.

12. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Beer that is only drinkable ice cold is beer I can do without, be it massufactured or microbrewed!

Got me some Berkshire Steel Rail to test tonight. Report coming later.

13. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    And that's why it's great to be a free citizen of the Beckerhead Nation. No one here will force you to have mayo or miracle whip :)

14. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    So is their chocolate. I've been to Brussels twice! Had to get the chocolate. Love it!

As far a beer. I defended PBR because I like it. But I like other beers too, like Yuenglings, Blue Moon, Killian's Red. But I really only drink beer with like a meal or something. If I wanna get toasted or relax, I drink Makers Mark.

15. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    I'm really weird about mayo. I will only eat it on Burgers and BLTs and some potato or macaroni salads. Mayo anywhere else is just nasty (to me at least...to each their own)

16. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    Another beer in my drinking history is Carlsberg. When I was in Tel Aviv (twice) I lived on it. When I came back to the states I had some and it tasted like shit. The imported Carlsberg was so nasty. Haven't had it since.

17. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    I spent a few days in Frankfurt during the Xmas season. Holy cow, I lived on Spaetzle and drowned myself in Gluhwein (Gluvine).....gallons of it. Man I wish I could be there now.

18. edh3007

edh3007

Sep 26, 2014
    I must have been suffering from frozen strawberry daiquarita when I typed that!
    My wife loves these things - weird rum tequila mix. And I'm fine now, thank you.
    My last batch of homebrew dark ale is gone so I've just started a carboy fermenting a dark German lager.
    Guess I'll go drink some Blue Moon for now. I'll use my BK14 to open the case (obligatory Becker knife content).

Cheers, Ed

19. zuluninja

zuluninja boricua grinder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 25, 2009
    mmm I have never mixed mayo with hot sauce! gonna get some fries on the way home and mix some hellmanns with Cholula...

20. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    2 parts honey mustard, 1 part sriracha -- mmmmmmmmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.