1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by 1066vik, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Nice shop daizee. :thumbup: Wish I had that kind of space for a shop.

2. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Hope you start feeling better. Been under the weather a lot here lately myself. Seems to be going around.

3. littlesamurai

littlesamurai

Jan 25, 2013
    Good luck with that TSA job. I did not even made the first cut on the FAA one that I applied for :(
    If you get it, maybe you can start a section in the forums to sell all those free knives they get :)

BTW: I dig chicks that dig glocks

4. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Feel better JD!!! The forest will still be there to chop down when the rain has passed. :D

We got a light frosting on the ground this morning and according to the weather its suppose to snow some more today. I was wondering when we would actually get our first snow that stuck to the ground. Not that id consider whats out there now a real first snow yet.... But im glad, the less snow the better as far as im concerned.

5. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Started snowing on us while walking the kids to school. Really nice looking snowflakes that were easily visible. Then my daughter asks if all snowflakes are really different... Then proceeds to prove the theory wrong... Makes a 10 minute walk turn into a 20 minute walk.

6. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    Thanks guys, I guess there is a huge storm headed our way and they canceled school today.... Well so far only wind....
    My shop only looked that clean on the first day I put it together, it was down hill from there, funny how I got a pile of stuff on my table and I know where everything is, lol... Its the stuff I put down for a second, I can't find.. nice looking shop!

7. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Yea my "shop" or basement rather was only clean until i started working in there. At first i was cleaning it up every day when i finished.... But i was ending up spending just as much time cleaning as working. Now i clean it up once a week or so. My problem is i have ran out of room.

I dont have room for anything really. I got steel sitting on my bowflex, i have to put extra wood on top my washer and dryer while im working and move them back after im finished for the day. I always have to move stuff out the way to work, even just to set something down for a few moments. I cant put anything on the floor as it floods down there and im very limited in table space.

But i cant go buying or bringing in more tables now. I want to limit the amount of stuff i have to move next year. More stuff equals more stuff to carry down south, and a larger uhaul that we will need. Hell the uhual is already going to cost us over 800 bucks according to the website... Which is just INSANE. And that just for a 6' x 12' Cargo Trailer that gets pulled behind a truck. My father is going to come up with his truck or jeep and haul our stuff down because im not allowed to drive, and the wife isnt comfortable driving a large uhual or trailer.

SO it is what it is. Ill deal with the room i have for now. Ill be damned happy when i get down there though and have actual shop space to work in. Hell its my fathers shop space... But he has plenty of room and already says he will love having someone out there in the shop to work with. Ill be working in it more than him im sure.

8. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Hey, those are 15oz jars! (to the rim). I'm not worthy of a T&M mug, that's for sure... In fact, I have little 8oz root beer mugs somewhere. I should bust those out for making my tiny beers look huge.

That's pratically Seattle. I've been to Anchorage, Nome, Homer, and Dutch Harbor (twice). Good luck, 'hoss. It would be great to have someone we think is one of the good guys in the TSA. And please let all the gate agents know what the hell a TWIC is. *facepalm*

So do I. I'm renting this space from a neighbor on the other side of (very small) town.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  9. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    But T&M mugs HOLD a 64 oz. growler!

[​IMG]

10. Jerry D.

Jerry D.

Sep 17, 2008
    :thumbup:

[​IMG]

11. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    Lordy, there's a gallon of Bud Light in that picture. :D

12. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Id like a nice beer mug that holds 25-35oz... I wonder if i can find a place that will make me a custom one and put my logo on it. Now that would be awesome.

13. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    Get well soon, JD and Dubs.

WW, on snow, I agree.... I hate snow and ice. My personal belief is that frozen water belongs either in a glass, an ice chest or a snow cone cup.

14. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    In one three where the kool kids be. Happy Thirstday, everyone!

Look locally for a novelty shop that sells/engraves doodads like bracelets and nameplates and glasses and stuff. There are a lot of cool options online for both engraving and screenprinting, but you have to order quite a few before the prices start to get reasonable. (I looked into getting some THK water bottles or pint glasses made up, and got discouraged pretty quick by the cost.)

15. iwouldhurtafly

iwouldhurtafly

Dec 3, 2010
    School is almost over! Just a biology and algebra final stand in my way. Had to do a boat load of algebra over the past couple of days last night was the first night I was in bed before 5am! Guess I did alright for teaching myself. It'll be worth it soon... Wife just finished up her masters... All while being married to me, having two kids, working full time and completing an internship among other things. Needless to say this is going to be a well deserved winter break.

16. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    ZZ im no fan of snow, or really cold weather for that matter. Now the snow flakes this morning were nice to look at though. Me and the kids seen ones looking like stars and stuff landing on our clothes. Some looked like they came straight out of a picture. But still i was ready to get them dropped off and get back in the house LOL

Yea i found one site where i could upload my image, but a 16oz mug would cost me 30 bucks.... And thats the largest they had, 16oz just isnt big enough. And 30 bucks for a single small mug is a bit high... Granted if it was for a large enough mug id likely do it at 30... But not when its going to be smaller than the size i want. If i cant even fit a full 22oz beer in it i dont want it. And 64oz is just too big HAHA

Most the places i seen want a minimum order of 12 or so... Hell i only want 1 LOL

But i know they got a few engraving places locally so like you say i could probably just get the mug i want and then bring in the file for them to put on it. Probably be cheaper that way.

17. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    Kinda wanna battel mugge butte dinna wanna droppa dolla for thatta kinda beeru haulla:)

18. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Woody translate comes up with "you want a battle mug but dont want to pay what they cost"

Id like one of the polymer ones. 24oz aint bad. Maybe one day.

19. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    That shop is something to be proud of Daiz. I would be. :thumbup:

Gonna be some nice stuff coming out of there.

20. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    In on 3, the place to be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.