You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by 1066vik, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    Well one has to admit that they are quite expensive given the materials involved and don't come with a handle :)

I mean, I want a Tesla too but quite pricey. The prices are coming down though...

2. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Nice, I never knew Ka-Bar had beer glasses out.

3. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    How fun does this look...

[video=youtube;qQ9dSrrBN28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qQ9dSrrBN28[/video]

4. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes they are CRAZY expensive. And not coming with a handle is silly. Its a marketing gimmick, they know people will want/need a handle so they make it an additional accessory. They should just add the additional charge in and make it come with the handle.... Well it should come with the handle free at the price.

I like the fact the polymer one comes with the handle... But even its pricey for a plastic cup. I almost bought it a few times but i have this strong felling ill be slapping myself later for spending 45 on a plastic cup LOL

5. Galeocerdoshark

Galeocerdoshark

May 21, 2011
    My new phone finally arrived (oneplus one). That phone though, that phone... Whole new world opens up.

6. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    On the other hand, we've all spent $45 or more on something we ate, drank or smoked in one night and it was gone... so there's that.

7. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    So theres this big storm system rolling in as I type this, hasn't hit Tracy yet but I got a phone call from my mom, she lives in south san Francisco and she said her house is flooded... Granted every year the garage gets a puddle every winter, she sent me this picture and in the 35 years she's lived there its never flooded like this... She said her house has about a foot of water inside and everything is ruined. FD came by to shut the gas main and electricity in her neighborhood... I can't believe its flooded out so bad!!

[​IMG]

8. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes.. Many times too. And more than 45 if you add what i ate, drank, and smoked together on those nights. SO that is a good point.

9. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Stay safe over there JD, so sorry to hear about your moms house brother... That sucks.

10. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    [​IMG]

11. james terrio

Apr 15, 2010
    Sheeeooot, back in the day I'd consume $45 worth of various stuff just to get warmed up to go out partying or play a gig. And I sure don't have any cool mugs to show for it :D

Careful of those floods, JD... that looks like a huge hassle. :(

12. james terrio

Apr 15, 2010
    The really kool kids have a matching set consisting of a Ka-Bar ale, pint glass, and opener. :p

[​IMG]

13. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    I finally got a hold of some worldwood hex hawks and the sheaths are coming along.
    [​IMG]

14. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Julio you are a kydex BEAST!!!!

Thank you very much for the great work you are doing!!

15. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    There is a certain "knifemaker supply in the USA" that has some great items in clearance. Lots of stuff under a dollar too... Just thought id share.

16. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    oh ho, I see what you did there!!

17. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    Beautiful day in the Barlow bottoms today. Kay and I took some toys back to the swamp. Shot some cut shells in the 410 and burned a few hundred 22s. Fun.

[​IMG]

18. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Great photo Trade!! And sounds like a fun time.

19. Diez Knives

Diez Knives

May 19, 2012
    LOL:rolleyes:

20. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Sounds like good times. We didn't get out much this year, since the local range was shut down most of the summer. I was able to get my son and wife out in the woods over Thanksgiving, though, and they polished off a 333 box of 22lr.

Just picked up this fun toy a couple days ago and am itching to get to the range.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.